• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Doig

Which filth?

:lookaround:

As if you don't know my sentiments.

one of the main points put on here by Bouncers at the AGM was big/wee ron wanted tae make IIRC £3m on player sales a year! WTAF. How about a team on the park to goes toes wi the Bigots, the Gunt and the dandies?
I think the argument would be that a team able to sell 3 mil of players each year would probably be pretty good in the process, and probably be investing more on the playing side than we've seen since the digital tv 'money'.

Im getting at the fact that we are all bloody accountants. We seem to want to sell any player as soon as he can pass a ball. Sell!

Yet we NEVER improve.... ok, who are we buying better than Porto?. What left wing back are we buying with more potential than Doig?

We sell Boyle.... aye but we need a hybrid pitch, and we need tae upgrade East Mains etc

I wish we could start ADDING to our quality.

Cue the "we are a selling club" etc..... one of the main points put on here by Bouncers at the AGM was big/wee ron wanted tae make IIRC £3m on player sales a year! WTAF. How about a team on the park to goes toes wi the Bigots, the Gunt and the dandies?

Yep, squad improvements cost money. Good thing Hibernian charge accordingly!
Was it not £1 million on player sales per year that Ron stated he wants at the AGM.
Player contracts and ages are probably the most significant factors that force Hibs to make player sales. That is before we even consider player ambitions and their agents.

In Boylers case it was age.
In Porto's case it is his contract.
Out of contract in 14 months so unless he signs a new one Hibs have to sell this summer or get only a development fee the following summer.
As things stand Nisbet will be another contract forced sale. Won't be back until the end on November and at that point will only have 18 months on his contract so Hibs will be hoping he comes back strong so they can either sell him in summer 2023 or get him to extend his contract.

Doig is a whole different ball game.
On a long term contract, getting stronger and improving. There is no need to currently think about selling this guy.

Melkerson on a long term contract but if successful his ambition will probably force Hibs to sell.
Only other potentially saleable player asset that Hibs have at the moment is Magennis but his future is tied to his ability to play without constant significant injury issues.

Gone from Hibs playing squad in the summer?
Porteous, Allan, Wright, McGregor, McGinn, Scott, Bushiri, Innes Murray, Murphy, Gogic and possibly Doidge.
Returns from loan for next season: the Kilmarnock 2 and the Ireland 1.
Ins: 2 centre halves, 2 midfielders, 2 forwards
Busy business.

Gone from Hibs playing squad in the summer?
Porteous, Allan, Wright, McGregor, McGinn, Scott, Bushiri, Innes Murray, Murphy, Gogic and possibly Doidge.
Just fwiw - Doidge signed a contract to 2024 this season and we've got an option to buy Rocky. Which isn't to say either or both of them will be here next year, but personally I reckon they will be

Just fwiw - Doidge signed a contract to 2024 this season and we've got an option to buy Rocky. Which isn't to say either or both of them will be here next year, but personally I reckon they will be
Hope we can get better than Rocky. Wonder if we'll see Clarke next season?

We might get to see a little bit of him this season still?

Clarke is signed til the end of next season too I think, year and a half loan

I wonder if we will see Clarke THIS season.?

We might get to see a little bit of him this season still?

Clarke is signed til the end of next season too I think, year and a half loan
Ah right thanks I wasn't sure how long we had him.

Obviously Doidge can sit tight if he wants to but will Maloney play him in a way that suits his skill set.
I like the guy but he has appeared to struggle after coming back from a bad injury. Is it the injury or is it the way he has been played?
As for Bushiri I don't think we will take up our option.
Not good enough in the air and not good enough on the ball for the way Maloney wants to play.

Obviously Doidge can sit tight if he wants to but will Maloney play him in a way that suits his skill set.
I like the guy but he has appeared to struggle after coming back from a bad injury. Is it the injury or is it the way he has been played?
As for Bushiri I don't think we will take up our option.
Not good enough in the air and not good enough on the ball for the way Maloney wants to play.
I agree about Bushiri. Hopefully he leaves as a Cup-winning legend though.

£1 Million was the figure at the AGM not £3 Million.

Might be £3 Million though if folk stay away...

£1 Million was the figure at the AGM not £3 Million.

Might be £3 Million though if folk stay away...
yep. was me who mentioned 3m.. i did caveat it at the time with IIRC.

I would have rathered out multi millionnaire owners stated they hoped to sign a £1m player every year..... that could put bums on seats I suppose....

I agree about Bushiri. Hopefully he leaves as a Cup-winning legend though.
It's difficult for supporters to properly evaluate whether players are worth what Hibs are paying them and importantly to accurately evaluate the performance of the club recruitment staff because you never know the fees and wages involved.

As an example let's look at Chris Mueller. It's difficult to evaluate the deal without knowing the wages involved.
To date Mueller looks an average player with a good attitude.
If he is being paid £4.5k a week that would be okay because he could improve in time.
However, if he is on £9k per week, the person in recruitment who sanctioned the deal has paid well over the odds so their performance has been very poor.
A small unrelated aside with the Mueller deal is the length of the deal has never been announced by the club which is extremely unusual for a flag ship signing.

Similarly with the option to buy deals, as a supporter you again don't know the fees and wages involved so it is difficult to have a valid opinion on whether the option should be taken up or not.
All we see is the ability of the player on the pitch.
Obviously if they are not very good you don't want the club to take up the option no matter the price.

Let's take Sylvester Jesper as an example.
He has done quite well so you would probably think Hibs should take up the option if the fee was £150k and the player was to be on £3k a weeK.
On the other hand, if the fee was £400k with wages of £6k a week you may see things differently.

However, we are not party to the money information so our view of what the club and individuals working for the club do can be easily distorted with supporters giving certain staff and officials too much credit or criticism and others not enough.

This thread has been viewed 20473 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75