• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Doig

A
I'm not going to let you get the last word, should know better than that 😁

Examples have been provided above, we accepted an offer for John. Celtic matched it and John chose to go to Villa.
They were first, and Celtic second
He chose the first offer.

So we didn't bump Villa to accept Celtic even though we accepted both.

Thats how football works, 14 clubs could match the offer and all 14 would and should be given the chance to speak to him. As mentioned, where he goes next is HIS choice, not ours.

Matching an accepted offer is slightly different from accepting a higher offer to an offer you've already accepted. No?

A

Matching an accepted offer is slightly different from accepting a higher offer to an offer you've already accepted. No?

At no point did I say that though did I?
I even specifically said that wasn't what I was saying.

IIRC this is pretty much what happened when we sold SJM? Celtic mucked us about with about 3 derisory offers, Aston Villa came in with a decent offer which we accepted and SJM was given permission to speak to them. The smellies then came in with a 4th offer (which matched Villa's offer) which we also accepted but by this point SJM had been sold on Villa.

That’s right SJM wanted to go to Celtic but after their pissing about Villa came in offered what was accepted at the time, SJM met Steve Bruce and the deal was done. The Smellies then came back with the same offer but was too late as SJM already put pen to paper with Villa.

When you think of the valuations of some players I still think the valuation was far too low for someone like SJM, thankfully Ron is switched on and won’t allow any of our players leave on the cheap.

Let’s clear this up as some of the total misunderstanding of what’s being said here is doing my head in, along with the shite explanations from @Hammi 😂

Hypothetical Scenario:
Club A offers £100 today, Club B offers £100 tomorrow, Club C offers £100 next Tuesday.

Accepting all three is not underhand in anyway shape or form.

If you’ve accepted Club A’s offer, you’ve set the market price so any other club is perfectly in their right to come in and match it. If anything it would be underhand to deny to player to right to speak to Club B and Club C.

Let’s clear this up as some of the total misunderstanding of what’s being said here is doing my head in, along with the shite explanations from @Hammi 😂

Hypothetical Scenario:
Club A offers £100 today, Club B offers £100 tomorrow, Club C offers £100 next Tuesday.

Accepting all three is not underhand in anyway shape or form.

If you’ve accepted Club A’s offer, you’ve set the market price so any other club is perfectly in their right to come in and match it. If anything it would be underhand to deny to player to right to speak to Club B and Club C.

But what if you've accepted A, B and C then an offer comes in higher :gigglle:

I feel like I said all that 😔

Then you accept it but don't reject the rest.
The other club are the dafties tryna spend extra money 😁

Unless of course it’s the The Huns, then you tell them tae get tae.

Aye, that!

Reactions: Zab

No one in their right might would offer more if £100 is the agreed price! If a can of juice is a £1, you wouldn’t pay £1.50! But the selling club could accept it anyway, it’s down to the player where they then go.

The only thing that would be underhand is if Club D offered £50 and that was also accepted, but selling club wouldn’t do that either.

Exactly! That’s why I didn’t use Club H as an example.

I feel like I said all that 😔

I just said it more better 😂

West Ham fans Twitter claiming solid interest from the club in Josh Doig and someone (possibly Ferguson?) from the Sheep tonight. Make of that what you will.

West Ham fans Twitter claiming solid interest from the club in Josh Doig and someone (possibly Ferguson?) from the Sheep tonight. Make of that what you will.

Cheeky bastards have asked us to drop our price, they can fuck off the price is the price so they either pay that or lose out.

Cheeky bastards have asked us to drop our price, they can fuck off the price is the price so they either pay that or lose out.

Actually asked us to drop our price?

Looks like they'll no be getting him then 😅

Just found it
Arsenal and West ham want us to drop to 2.5m before they'll enter serious negotiations

Turns out they're not serious then 🤷‍♂️

Half what we want as you have already found out, not being funny but they pay millions on players but won’t pay our price

After careful consideration of their proposal we could make a counter offer of telling them to fcuk off.

They could always chuck Tierney in with a couple of million and his wages for a 5 year contract with us. It's no like they'd need him if they got Doig!

Young guy Saka, even although he's a bit wee, another option.

Cheeky bastards!

After careful consideration of their proposal we could make a counter offer of telling them to fcuk off.
Especially after the John McGinn move to Villa ! Never again should any team from the EPL with their millions steal a quality player from any Scottish League for a derisory offer especially Hibs!

Forrest supposedly the only club to have entered serious negotiations over Doig. But also pulling out at £5m plus add ons.

Starting to sound like we'll get the season out of him. Just hope he kicks on and keep his value up.

Gotta be impressed if we hold our ground and keep him here, he's obviously not too worried about staying either or he'd be helping engineer a move.

Changed days!

See the Evening Standard are having a go at both Arsenal and West Ham asking us to lower the price to half our valuation, it also reports that Ron told them to bolt and our valuation is the price they have to pay 👏🏻👏🏻

See the Evening Standard are having a go at both Arsenal and West Ham asking us to lower the price to half our valuation, it also reports that Ron told them to bolt and our valuation is the price they have to pay 👏🏻👏🏻

Welcome to the new Hibs

Newcastle now added to the list

Newcastle now added to the list
They're interested?
Or we've told them to bolt?
Or both?

They're interested?
Or we've told them to bolt?
Or both?
Interested

Last edited:
I can see us accepting 4 million from Newcastle plus add ons. I think that would probably be a good move for the lad

I can see us accepting 4 million from Newcastle plus add ons. I think that would probably be a good move for the lad
Another year of competitive football here and his value and career prospects would soar I reckon.
Injury risk/loss of form etc may mean he decides to hit the road now though.

Another year of competitive football here and his value and career prospects would soar I reckon.
Injury risk/loss of form etc may mean he decides to hit the road now though.

I have to disagree with that one. Another good season, I still can't see EPL teams paying huge money for him. He's valued by the club at around 5 million just now. I can't see many teams coming in next year and spending anywhere near 8-10 million for him. At most I see him maybe increasing in value another 1, maybe 2 million more.

I also want the club to stick to the valuation they set and tell these vultures to fuck off with there pittance too. If we get a fair offer and invest in the squad, I think it benefit's all parties.

We defo should be looking for 4/5mil if the huns have just sold a player that pish and couldn’t even get in their squads for around 1.5mil

We defo should be looking for 4/5mil if the huns have just sold a player that pish and couldn’t even get in their squads for around 1.5mil
Who did they sell out of curiosity

Who did they sell out of curiosity
George Edmundson or something, not sure if it was confirmed just seen they had agreed 1.5mil and scrolled past

Think you are being too generous mate with athe Olive oil ?
Nonsense take it from one who knows you can never be too generous with olive oil,that and garlic.

I hope he's in the squad for Thursday. Fuck the politics, we need our strongest team available and he's part of it. Lewis is capable, but Doig offers so much more going forward.

Facebook has gone mental

They're all freaking out over a Hunco supporters post saying Doig will replace Barisic and the fee is already agreed.
I'm not usually one for thinking too much into these things, but with Tonnessen waiting in the wings, it does kinda lean itself towards Josh still potentially going out.

I cant see Hunco being willing to meet the fee and pay up front...

Whatcha think? 🤷‍♂️

Facebook has gone mental

They're all freaking out over a Hunco supporters post saying Doig will replace Barisic and the fee is already agreed.
I'm not usually one for thinking too much into these things, but with Tonnessen waiting in the wings, it does kinda lean itself towards Josh still potentially going out.

Whatcha think? 🤷‍♂️
Lot of pish. No way will we sell one of our biggest assets to a near rival, they days are behind us

Facebook has gone mental

Whatcha think? 🤷‍♂️
A Hibs person on Twitter has been on about it.

Hibees Transfer News

@HibeesNews

·
4h

The big news I was on about last night is true. Assuming Barisic doesn’t fail his medical at Roma, Josh Doig will head to Rangers. Rangers enquired about him on Wednesday and were happy to meet Hibs’ asking price of £4m + 5% sell on fee. It’ll be a hectic 32 hours. Thoughts?

Lot of pish. No way will we sell one of our biggest assets to a near rival, they days are behind us

I think pish too.

I can't see us and him agreeing terms then him maybe not going if they don't sell.
He couldn't play games when teams were talking about him, can't see him managing with all this on the line either.

With regards to selling to rivals however, if we've told him and the world that our price is £4m, then I do think we'd accept the money.

A Hibs person on Twitter has been on about it.

Hibees Transfer News
@HibeesNews
·
4h

The big news I was on about last night is true. Assuming Barisic doesn’t fail his medical at Roma, Josh Doig will head to Rangers. Rangers enquired about him on Wednesday and were happy to meet Hibs’ asking price of £4m + 5% sell on fee. It’ll be a hectic 32 hours. Thoughts?

Didn't realise Barisic was that close to moving..
Hmm 😒

I didn't think that site had any credibility.

Although even a broken clock is right sometimes, and if you throw enough shite out there some of it will maybe stick!

I can't see us dealing so readily with the half bust sevco.

Reactions: Zab
I can't see us dealing so readily with the half bust sevco.
Barisic lint apparently,@Jack.

BIG G

Didn't realise Barisic was that close to moving..
Hmm 😒

The Huns are apparently looking for £8m for Patterson, so we know how much to be asking them to pay for Doig.

This thread has been viewed 20326 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50