• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What Choons Yi Listening To?

N
Wht’s the four letter Bangkokian swear word 🤷‍♂️
Need a lot more letters

Utterly mesmerising. I posted myself I think on the Shane McGowan RIP thread. That’s not a ‘got there first’ wanky post just a sign of mutual appreciation. I mean I think it’s genuinely awesome. I’m not a folky but it just wees all over 99% of pop / rock music.

While I’m hyper ventilating, let me repeat my personal anecdote of where I first heard this. Years ago, on holiday and when the kids were wee, I used to escape in the evenings for a pint and a tab. I befriended this Bulgarian bar man who on the evening in question, tried valiantly and failed to screen Hibs v Malmo for me.

He kept coming out to where I was sat to check the score, and by the time it was 0-7, was left guilelessly asking - thees Heebs, they professional team, yes?

Anyway, as I was moping into my beer, at the neighbouring bar (this was all outside) some wee scouse mum gets up and sang this at a karaoke. She was stunning (at singing doc, don’t ask for pic, not worth it) and it snapped me right out.

One of the best performances I’ve heard anywhere, from a wee mrs Mac.

Utterly mesmerising. I posted myself I think on the Shane McGowan RIP thread. That’s not a ‘got there first’ wanky post just a sign of mutual appreciation. I mean I think it’s genuinely awesome. I’m not a folky but it just wees all over 99% of pop / rock music.

While I’m hyper ventilating, let me repeat my personal anecdote of where I first heard this. Years ago, on holiday and when the kids were wee, I used to escape in the evenings for a pint and a tab. I befriended this Bulgarian bar man who on the evening in question, tried valiantly and failed to screen Hibs v Malmo for me.

He kept coming out to where I was sat to check the score, and by the time it was 0-7, was left guilelessly asking - thees Heebs, they professional team, yes?

Anyway, as I was moping into my beer, at the neighbouring bar (this was all outside) some wee scouse mum gets up and sang this at a karaoke. She was stunning (at singing doc, don’t ask for pic, not worth it) and it snapped me right out.

One of the best performances I’ve heard anywhere, from a wee mrs Mac.
It's even better than 'Disturbed' eh? :lookaround:

An absolutely classic video, and if you can watch it and not be moved, then you're probably .......

I can't even think what you may be.

Things like this is what marked the sex pistols out as great. Almost all ‘rebellious’ acts before, and certainly since, shoot fish in a barrel annoying some increasingly imaginary old guard while slavishly pleasing the choir. This rattled all camps. Mind playing this in my mates garage on our de / untuned guitars along with Belson was a gas - cos they were the easiest lol

Dance music from a party going on next door. I must be getting old as fuck but it's doing my bloody nut in. Even lassies screaming to the darts song is bringing out a rage (not a raging dirty minded people).

OIP.O38cxP9VqBLYk6DnP4CIrQAAAA

Things like this is what marked the sex pistols out as great. Almost all ‘rebellious’ acts before, and certainly since, shoot fish in a barrel annoying some increasingly imaginary old guard while slavishly pleasing the choir. This rattled all camps. Mind playing this in my mates garage on our de / untuned guitars along with Belson was a gas - cos they were the easiest lol

It's my favourite song on NMTB. An ugly horrible song about an ugly horrible situation, it sounds exactly how it should.

Currently spinning this on the new turntable:

Currently spinning this on the new turntable:

Fantastic band. Levon Helm one of my all time favourite musicians.

Happy birthday George. Here's one of my favourites from his tribute concert.

Listening to this earlier

Here quite enjoyed listening to this like.....

On the train home
Bar Stool Preachers supported by Gimp Fist
Punks Not Dead

Released 7th mar 1983 enjoy

Far far better than any official version, much like Joy Division before them, not least the abomination of a mix that was on substance and now the default. It squashes Hooky’s best ever baseline which is at its best here from 3.10 which Is one of my favourite all time musical moments, pop pickers.

Like JD, another new wave album ruined by an auld hippy producer. But the coda on this survives the jumbled production of the rest of the track. From 3.25 another favourite pop pick

And ditto from 3.17. See ya later Neu, Primal Scream, all of shoegaze et al

Last edited:
Was listening tae the car radio earlier and a Celine Dion song was playing. I never knew she wrote the lyrics for Old MacDonald Had A Farm using only the vowels of her name.

Was listening tae the car radio earlier and a Celine Dion song was playing. I never knew she wrote the lyrics for Old MacDonald Had A Farm using only the vowels of her name.
VG Billy, you trying tae catch up noo 👍🤣

Edward Woodward thought he'd be a shoe in for a part in Star wars if he removed the D's from his name.

What, o, a, o, a, a, a, a?

i

That’s actually better than some of the rapping/ well talking pish that’s available

Aye, we’ll get that beer some day. 😉

Aye, we’ll get that beer some day. 😉
If I’m no in the A and E 😂

If I’m no in the A and E 😂
i a.

This thread has been viewed 285323 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75