• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Saturday Night At The Movies

Watched ‘Last Night in Soho’ yesterday, really good with a brilliant 60’s soundtrack. 4/5 ⭐

Just stuck on Bugsy Malone. That will do me till cot time.

Larry Lamb gangster family?Don't tell me something to do with Barbara Windsor's hubby?The one who'se son killed Steven Lawrence?

Larry Lamb gangster family?Don't tell me something to do with Barbara Windsor's hubby?The one who'se son killed Steven Lawrence?
Aye, the Fox’s. They took over from the Krays and the Richardsons. Bad bastards back in the day apparently.

Barbara's hubby was a Knight not a Fox?His son Luke was implicated in the Stephen Lawrence murder,but they dropped him due to lack of evidence.Only two of the five ever did time for it.Barbara's hubby Reg? was implicated in another murder,think the Krays were still around.Basically there was tit for tat killings amongst London gangsters.He eventually fled to Spain and then did a long stretch for handling stolen money.

Barbara's hubby was a Knight not a Fox?His son Luke was implicated in the Stephen Lawrence murder,but they dropped him due to lack of evidence.Only two of the five ever did time for it.Barbara's hubby Reg? was implicated in another murder,think the Krays were still around.Basically there was tit for tat killings amongst London gangsters.He eventually fled to Spain and then did a long stretch for handling stolen money.
Geet orff moy foruuummm!

Fox was a tv program back in the 80’s Moaty.

I remember the boy Knight, Ronnie I‘m sure his name was. A right villain apparently.

Ah! Ok!

Watched The Guard on Netflix last night, superb film set in the west of Ireland.

Just finished Everything Everywhere All At Once on Prime.

Fantastic trippy, sci-fi, comedy, kung-fu, philosophical madness with a a lot of heart. It won't be for everyone but I really enjoyed it.

I really liked it.

Just watching Resurrection Man.

And no it's no the dance thingy

Loosely based on the murderous bastard Lenny Murphy of the Shankill Butchers.

If any of yous have movie apps on a firestick i cannot recommend this film highly enough.

Seen from the civilian point of view rather than the military side.....

The movie tells the story of a young Polish girl, Zosia Głowacka, from Volhynia's a village settled by Ukrainians, Poles and Jews.

Over 100,000 slaughtered with axes, pitchforks, scythes and knives:
The Wołyń massacre started 76 years ago today and lasted for two years.

Caroline Chojecki MBE was a member of the Bletchley Park codebreakers.

I met her a couple of times before she died. I know her daughter, son in law and grandson very well.

Worthy project.....

Any of yous use the Real Debrid app when watching films or box sets?

Just had a notification it's been subjected to a sabotage.

Several operators cables (10 cables) are cut at the entrance of the chamber. A team of "eaux de Marseille" will be on site by 11:30 am in order to give vehicle access to the Canal.
Action plan: It will be necessary to recover slack on 2 x 4 Km (10Km) (slack pulling in X rooms)."

I picked up a nice BFI edition of Godzilla (1952) in a charity shop yesterday for a quid.

Watched it last night. It's the first time I'd ever seen the original Japanese version. The effects have aged terribly (the model work more than Godzilla himself) but it's a surprisingly serious and downbeat film for a big monster movie.

The scenes of national mourning and people being ferried in and out of hospital with radiation sickness after the big G attacks Tokyo for the second time are effectively harrowing.

The current political climate might have given it a bit of and edge mind you.

Just watched a Polish football hoolie/crime film on Netflix.

Fanatical fans who have followed the club for life and an owner/players who keep kissing the crest until a better offer comes along....

Furioza

I watched X on Amazon Prime last night. I'd recommend it for any horror fans.

I really like Ti West as a horror writer/director. He takes meat and potatoes horror concepts (this a sweaty rural 70s-style slasher flick like Texas Chainsaw or Eaten Alive) and adds a bit of artistic flair and a script that humanises the characters to give it that bit extra. Great use of 70s rock on the soundtrack too.

I watched X on Amazon Prime last night. I'd recommend it for any horror fans.

I really like Ti West as a horror writer/director. He takes meat and potatoes horror concepts (this a sweaty rural 70s-style slasher flick like Texas Chainsaw or Eaten Alive) and adds a bit of artistic flair and a script that humanises the characters to give it that bit extra. Great use of 70s rock on the soundtrack too.

Loading that up as we speak. Been ages since I seen a good horror that wasn't on the pitch at Easter Road 😕

Loading that up as we speak. Been ages since I seen a good horror that wasn't on the pitch at Easter Road 😕
Hope you enjoy. I really liked it. Had the right mix of old school and new school horror for me.

Hope you enjoy. I really liked it. Had the right mix of old school and new school horror for me.
It took a while to get started but really enjoyed it. Worth a watch for sure.

Off today getting some washings done while my mates away for a blood transfusion and he also gets told today how far the cancer has spread.

Shite day to be honest.

But this is a decent film. I think it's Amazon prime.....

Watched a French horror(ish) on Friday night called Meander, was ok. One of those "open to interpretation" ones!

Watched The Immaculate Room on Sky last week and enjoyed it but kept feeling they missed a trick with what I thought was quite a clever concept (couple have to spend 50 days in plain room containing only a bed to win $5 million).

Watched The Black Phone the previous weekend and found it disappointing, although the wife loved it.

Watched a French horror(ish) on Friday night called Meander, was ok. One of those "open to interpretation" ones!

Watched The Immaculate Room on Sky last week and enjoyed it but kept feeling they missed a trick with what I thought was quite a clever concept (couple have to spend 50 days in plain room containing only a bed to win $5 million).

Watched The Black Phone the previous weekend and found it disappointing, although the wife loved it.
I thought The Black Phone was pony

It took a while to get started but really enjoyed it. Worth a watch for sure.
Aye most of his films are like that.

I really liked House of the Devil - another one that's on Amazon and I'd recommend if you've not seen it. It's another period one (early 80s satanic panic stuff). Nowt much happens until the end but all the build up is creepy none the less.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the Black Phone because of how divisive it seems to be. I'm always interested to see why some folk like a film and others don't.

Aye most of his films are like that.

I really liked House of the Devil - another one that's on Amazon and I'd recommend if you've not seen it. It's another period one (early 80s satanic panic stuff). Nowt much happens until the end but all the build up is creepy none the less.
Its actually the build up that I enjoy as long as its not too slow paced. Mind you I had to turn down the sound a few times on X as I don't think people would believe me if I said I was watching a horror at times lol

Watched The Menu tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Brilliant comedy/horror set in an exclusive island restaurant for the super rich.

Really great performances, pitch black humour and a few bits of icky gore. Think Masterchef meets Get Out.

I thought The Black Phone was pony
I got around to watching this over the Christmas break and yeah... I'm more with the Bounce than the critics. I didn't see what the fuss was about at all. It was very average.

I got around to watching this over the Christmas break and yeah... I'm more with the Bounce than the critics. I didn't see what the fuss was about at all. It was very average.
Critics are often pretentious knobs. The bounce is full of pretty similar, everyday people.

Critics are often pretentious knobs. The bounce is full of pretty similar, everyday people.
You mean the bounce is also full of everyday, pretentious knobs. Fair comment but lets the critics off easy.

Watched something with Sean bean as an airline pilot and Jodie foster as mum of a missing child. From around 20 years ago. Fair enjoyed it.

Watched the others, had watched it when it came out 20 years ago. Much scarier this time, maybe I never paid attention the last time.

You mean the bounce is also full of everyday, pretentious knobs. Fair comment but lets the critics off easy.
Haha just realised you could read it that way 😀

I love French language films - I think going back to Nikita when she puts the pencil through the boys hand saying Mon nom est ni-ki-ta. I always thought it sounded better than my French teacher telling us it was jim apell.

Wind forward 25 years and my daughter is in primary one….one of the boys is annoying one of her pals so this lassie does the Nikita manoeuvre and slams a pencil through the boys hand!

And it just so happened that the lassie was the granddaughter of my French teacher! Coincidence? I think not.

Watched a few films over the Christmas break:

Last Train to Christmas - Absolutely loved it. Was one of those “Sky Originals” movies which are quite often pony but this one was really good. A festive comedy with quite a clever twist. Stars Michael Sheen who is always worth a watch.

The Call - a recent(is) horror starring Tobin Bell and and Lynne Shay. A couple of real stalwarts of the genre so I had high hopes but I really shouldn’t have as it was absolutely dreadful! Avoid.

Glass Onion - Netflix follow up to ‘Knives Out’. Really enjoyed it! Agatha Christie style whodunnit much like the original with a star studded cast. I hope they make more of these.

Oi you. Less of the pretentious.

Oi you. Less of the pretentious.
Ooh, there,'s one 😇

Here you always knew the guardian readers in the scheme. They were the ones on the bus hiding it under a copy of the Daily Sport

I can only think of one.

This thread has been viewed 56714 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75