• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Saturday Night At The Movies

Just puting on the new film Asphalt City.

And a very famous ex boxer has a surprising acting appearance....

Just puting on the new film Asphalt City.

And a very famous ex boxer has a surprising acting appearance....

Is it Chris Eubank? And the surprise is him pronouncing the title.

Nope but you HAVE thrown a clue in there.

He's wrote a book about ethics, if it sells well he's writing another one about Kent.

Rough as an auld badger today. Just cracked open a livener and about to watch the film

Monkey Man

Just put this on't telly....

Slow West

Jay Cavendish, a naive Scot, travels across the US to meet his lady-love, Rose, and crosses paths with a bounty hunter who offers him protection but in reality has some hidden intentions.

Slow West

Jay Cavendish, a naive Scot, travels across the US to meet his lady-love, Rose, and crosses paths with a bounty hunter who offers him protection but in reality has some hidden intentions.

Any good? I do like a western

Aye I quite liked it. It's a strange wee story though.

But tis watchable though.

Slow West

That a couple of years auld Jimmy?
Sure I’ve seen that.

That a couple of years auld Jimmy?
Sure I’ve seen that.
Aye it is from a few years back.

The Legend of Ben Hall film is good if you've no seen it before.

I was checking out Freevee. They have loads of good films on the app.

Aye it is from a few years back.

The Legend of Ben Hall film is good if you've no seen it before.

I was checking out Freevee. They have loads of good films on the app.
Thought I'd seen it.
There's also Fawsome and Prime, actually too much choice, start looking for something and end up fuckin miles away watching a totally different thing. :grrr: :gigglle:

Enjoying this film. Cabrini was the first Canonised Saint in America.

Cabrini
Is a 2024 American biographical drama film directed by Alejandro Gómez Monteverde and written by Rod Barr, based on a story by both.

The film depicts the life of Catholic missionary Francesca Cabrini, portrayed by Cristiana Dell'Anna, as she encounters resistance to her charity and business efforts in New York City.

Cabrini explores the sexism and anti-Italian bigotry faced by Cabrini and others in New York City in the late 19th century.

Last edited:
Enjoying this film. Cabrini was the first Canonised Saint in America.

Cabrini
Is a 2024 American biographical drama film directed by Alejandro Gómez Monteverde and written by Rod Barr, based on a story by both.

The film depicts the life of Catholic missionary Francesca Cabrini, portrayed by Cristiana Dell'Anna, as she encounters resistance to her charity and business efforts in New York City.

Cabrini explores the sexism and anti-Italian bigotry faced by Cabrini and others in New York City in the late 19th century.
jimmy, i winnae be looking that one up any time soon, that sounds shite mate.

It was actually a good story about Five Points. Obviously it's 'based' on a true story.

But she set up one of New Yorks finest hospitals where the wealthy paid for care and the money garnered provided care for the poor.

It was actually a good story about Five Points. Obviously it's 'based' on a true story.

But she set up one of New Yorks finest hospitals where the wealthy paid for care and the money garnered provided care for the poor.
it still sounds shite.

Was there gratuitous violence or sex or drug taking or drunkeness. or a laugh or two? Things getting blown up? if no, its shite jimmy. and youre retired now, and you no got the time for shite films. Youve only got time for shite pints and shite fitba.... (and yer braw wee grandbairns)

🤣🤣 there IS one gun to be fair. And woe me. My mates just bought a flat and I'm roped in to do the decoration.

Oh a bit drunkenness as well. (In the film. No me this time).

I've decided to revisit films I either didn't understand the popularity or just didn't like.

The decision will be...
1: Still shit.
2: Aye ok no bad but nothing special.
3: Love it, what was I thinking.
Tonight is Catch 22. 23:48 in and it's binned...still shit!

Welcome all comments and recommendations for what you feel are classics. My next two will be Blues bros and Shawshank.

I've decided to revisit films I either didn't understand the popularity or just didn't like.

The decision will be...

Welcome all comments and recommendations for what you feel are classics. My next two will be Blues bros and Shawshank.
The Matrix. I just dinnae understand it.

I'm a big scifi fan and totally got this and really liked it.

The decision will be...

Wes Anderson’s films are quite highly regarded but I think they’re fucking shit. The Royal Tennenbaums, The Life Aquatic, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Darjeeling Limited etc. Try too hard to be wacky and twee but with very little in the way of laughs. I’ve only watched the first 2 all the way through right enough. Asteroid City was his latest one I think.

I'm a big scifi fan and totally got this and really liked it.
So am I but I’m more of a Star Trek fan

Never watched a star Trek film. Then my grandson stayed overnight. He wanted to watch the last one I think it was. Fuck me it was about 3 hours long.

Even he got bored

Never watched a star Trek film. Then my grandson stayed overnight. He wanted to watch the last one I think it was. Fuck me it was about 3 hours long.

Even he got bored

Attachments

• IMG_1072.jpeg
    IMG_1072.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 8
Here when even a 16 year auld got bored I feel justified.

I've never got the big deal. It's just the Terminator rise of the machines trope with the Star Wars chosen one bollocks tacked on innit.

Wes Anderson’s films are quite highly regarded but I think they’re fucking shit. The Royal Tennenbaums, The Life Aquatic, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Darjeeling Limited etc. Try too hard to be wacky and twee but with very little in the way of laughs. I’ve only watched the first 2 all the way through right enough. Asteroid City was his latest one I think.

His are a mixed bag for me. I liked Rushmore, Grand Budapest Hotel and The Royal Tennenbaums but found Life Aquatic and Fantastic Mr Fox deeply irritating.

Quirky is a fine balance. Enough is endearing but too much is cringe. Coen Brothers movies fall into that category for me too. Fargo is one of my all time favourites but the likes of Burn After Reading can get in the bin.

Last edited:
I've never got the big deal. It's just the Terminator rise of the machines trope with the Star Wars chosen one bollocks tacked on innit.

His are a mixed bag for me. I liked Rushmore, Grand Budapest Hotel and The Royal Tennenbaums but found Life Aquatic and Fantastic Mr Fox deeply irritating.

Quirky is a fine balance. Enough is endearing but too much is cringe. Cohen Brothers movies fall into that category for me too. Fargo is one of my all time favourites but the likes of Burn After Reading can get in the bin.
Quirky is the word I was searching for! Agree on Cohen Bros movies, Fargo and No Country for Old Men = absolute classics. Oh Brother, Where Art Though = garbage. Big Lebowski I’m not a massive fan of but at least it was watchable.

Oh Brother, aw Where Art Thou had a good soundtrack though

Oh Brother, aw Where Art Thou had a good soundtrack though
A slighty weird but excellent film and I thought The Soggy Bottom boys were ace!

Quirky is the word I was searching for! Agree on Cohen Bros movies, Fargo and No Country for Old Men = absolute classics. Oh Brother, Where Art Though = garbage. Big Lebowski I’m not a massive fan of but at least it was watchable.
Oh Brother is my fav movie of all time.
A classic.
And the music was braw

Oh Brother is my fav movie of all time.
A classic.
And the music was braw
Maybe one I should revisit then.

The decision will be...

Enjoyed the book ... Joseph Heller?
Can't really remember the film much, although I think Art Garfunkel was in it and Alan Arkin played the lead guy Yossarian.
So I definitely saw it!

I remember Arkin in Freebie and the Bean which I think I enjoyed too, but can't remember details of.

Must try watching films without accompanying them with large glasses of alcohol.

The decision will be...

Sadder for me is revisiting films I thought were great but are in fact shit.

Salvador was the most brutal example. Until recently I’d have said it was one of my favourite films based on youthful recollection. But on a rewatch what I recalled as nerve shredding and harrowing was like a shit tv movie.

This was a decent watch ......

Sin nombre

Sin nombre (English: "Nameless") is a 2009 adventure thriller film written and directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, about a Honduran girl trying to immigrate to the United States, and a boy caught up in the violence of gang life.

Equaliser 3 - the first one was IMO a classy action flick and this one is too. Switch off your brain and enjoy.

Equaliser 3 - the first one was IMO a classy action flick and this one is too. Switch off your brain and enjoy.

I enjoyed it too.

Here's a wee film with Bernard Hill in it.....

Watching the above film just now. It's a decent watch.

Two mobs of pensioners 😀

Just put on the new Ghostbusters film and about to guzzle some cheeky wee Peronis 🙂

The new Ghostbusters is pretty pony. Or maybe I'm just a torn faced auld git now.*

*Answers not appreciated ,😏

The new Ghostbusters is pretty pony. Or maybe I'm just a torn faced auld git now.*

*Answers not appreciated ,😏

Oh aye, its guff. I took the wee one to see it with some free tickets I got through the work and still felt bumped. Even she thought it was crap and she watches the Sonic the Hedgehog films on a near weekly basis.

There is only one good Ghostbusters film really.

This thread has been viewed 56706 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75