Ryan Porteous to sign new deal?

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Very quiet regarding players coming in do we need to sell first ?
Probably.

Ross will have a budget agreed ages ago, and he will likely have been told to keep the squad size down to the same as last year I would imagine, although I would hope it would increase a bit given our European participation.

Our biggest problem this summer will be replacing the key players who will be leaving....Porteous, Nisbet, Doig, Irvine and possibly Boyle...with similar quality if not better.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Very low.

Half of the minimum I think we should be accepting.
Also seems low for a contract offer tbh..
If its over say... 4 years, that's around 3600 a week.
3 years, is just under 5000.

And that's euros, how do they exchange nowadays?

That's not enough money for a footballer to pack up to Turkey imo, he could get those numbers in pounds, in England.
He could even get them right here with a good agent earning his cut.

Zab

Admin
Half of the minimum I think we should be accepting.
Also seems low for a contract offer tbh..
If its over say... 4 years, that's around 3600 a week.
3 years, is just under 5000.

And that's euros, how do they exchange nowadays?

That's not enough money for a footballer to pack up to Turkey imo, he could get those numbers in pounds, in England.
He could even get them right here with a good agent earning his cut.

He could but the missing ingredient there is that a club in Scotland or England would have to be interested enough in him to offer that, and pay Hibs a fee. Perhaps this Turkish club is the only one wiling?

I’m no sure where the €750,000 figure came from but I’m don’t think it can be the transfer fee, surely Hibs would be looking for closer to £1,000,000. Then again if there’s only one club interesting in buying him, I’d be taking the money and reinvesting it in a couple of new centre halves.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
He could but the missing ingredient there is that a club in Scotland or England would have to be interested enough in him to offer that, and pay Hibs a fee. Perhaps this Turkish club is the only one wiling?

I’m no sure where the €750,000 figure came from but I’m don’t think it can be the transfer fee, surely Hibs would be looking for closer to £1,000,000. Then again if there’s only one club interesting in buying him, I’d be taking the money and reinvesting it in a couple of new centre halves.

If I was being offered to leave Hibs, to go to Turkey I'd want more money than that.
And that's not even Hibs fan hat talking, that's just realistic. Pack up everything to go play in a country offering little more than you're probably already on.

Tbf, all of that is just trying to explain away the 750k number. So it could all be irrelevant.
I'd be keeping him here if that was the fee though.

sockyboy

Just A Radge

If its his salary, surely that would be €750.000 per year?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge

Possibly the same thought processes utilised by JR.
Maybe he doesnt see Porteus improving much.

Reactions: Zab

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
If that's the fee I'd not be letting him go. He's hugely underrated.

Zab

Admin
If its his salary, surely that would be €750.000 per year?

Aye that’s what I’m thinking, about €14,000 a week.

If I was being offered to leave Hibs, to go to Turkey I'd want more money than that.
And that's not even Hibs fan hat talking, that's just realistic. Pack up everything to go play in a country offering little more than you're probably already on.

Tbf, all of that is just trying to explain away the 750k number. So it could all be irrelevant.
I'd be keeping him here if that was the fee though.

If that’s his annual salary it’s 14K a week, if that’s his salary over 3 years it’s just under 5K a week (250K a year). He’ll no be earning anything like that at Hibs.

As someone who’s moved around for work, including abroad, I’ve packed up and done it for less! Sometimes you’ve got to go where the opportunities are, that’s true of footballers too.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
The thing that confuses me most is why so many Hibs fans want rid of a young, developing, Hibs supporting, Scotland international to leave the club?

I don't want rid, but if an acceptable offer comes in I think we should take it.
There's nobody at the club just now that I wouldn't accept reasonable offers for at the moment.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
The thing that confuses me most is why so many Hibs fans want rid of a young, developing, Hibs supporting, Scotland international to leave the club?
This. Makes the odd wee error. He's improved so many aspects of his game. Passing last year came on big time.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here