Ryan Porteous to sign new deal?

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £20.00

Zab

Admin
The thing that confuses me most is why so many Hibs fans want rid of a young, developing, Hibs supporting, Scotland international to leave the club?

For me he’s still a liability defensively. While certain parts of his game have undoubtedly improved, he doesn’t appear to have worked on his biggest weaknesses. Maybe that will come with experience, maybe it won’t.

I don’t necessarily want rid of him, but if there’s a decent offer on the table I’d take it.

He’s not a Scotland international btw.

Admin
For me he’s still a liability defensively. While certain parts of his game have undoubtedly improved, he doesn’t appear to have worked on his biggest weaknesses. Maybe that will come with experience, maybe it won’t.

I don’t necessarily want rid of him, but if there’s a decent offer on the table I’d take it.

He’s not a Scotland international btw.

Porteous was named in the Scotland under-19 squad for the elite round of qualification for the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.[15][4] He made his first appearance for the under-21 team in the 2018 Toulon Tournament, and made 14 appearances in total over the following two years.

He earned a first senior Scotland call-up for Euro 2020 qualifiers against Cyprus and Kazakhstan in November 2019, but did not play in either fixture.

Good enough for me.

Zab

Admin
Porteous was named in the Scotland under-19 squad for the elite round of qualification for the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.[15][4] He made his first appearance for the under-21 team in the 2018 Toulon Tournament, and made 14 appearances in total over the following two years.

He earned a first senior Scotland call-up for Euro 2020 qualifiers against Cyprus and Kazakhstan in November 2019, but did not play in either fixture.

Good enough for me.

By that logic Paul McGinn is also a Scotland international.

The “did not play” line means he’s not capped for Scotland, therefore not a Scotland international. He’s an under 21 international, maybe in the future that will change.

Admin

The “did not play” line means he’s not capped for Scotland, therefore not a Scotland international. He’s an under 21 international, maybe in the future that will change.

I know but you get my gist, seems we are pretty happy to see a decent young player and Hibs fan leave, its a bit weird for me.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge

He was on the bench wi a strip on, of course he’s a Scotland international.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I know but you get my gist, seems we are pretty happy to see a decent young player and Hibs fan leave, its a bit weird for me.
The reason I'm ambiguous about him leaving is the fact that Hibs wont see the best of him. ( unless his best is past?)
Another season at ER will see much the same player we've had for the 100 or so games he's played already.

Zab

Admin

Aye I get where you’re coming from.

I think his best games have been in the centre of a back three, so perhaps we need to sign a proper right sided centre half to play alongside him and Hanlon? It’s either than or cash in and use the money to reshape the defence IMO.

He was on the bench wi a strip on, of course he’s a Scotland international.

Diny get a cap for sitting the bench unfortunately.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Aye I get where you’re coming from.

I think his best games have been in the centre of a back three, so perhaps we need to sign a proper right sided centre half to play alongside him and Hanlon? It’s either than or cash in and use the money to reshape the defence IMO.

Diny get a cap for sitting the bench unfortunately.
Aye yi do.

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
Ryan's a young lad who has had some bad injuries, asking him to play at the top of his game over the course of a season every game was always going to be a big ask, I'd prefer he stayed with us, give him the captain's armband and let him flourish into next season.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Ryan's a young lad who has had some bad injuries, asking him to play at the top of his game over the course of a season every game was always going to be a big ask, I'd prefer he stayed with us, give him the captain's armband and let him flourish into next season.

Captains armband!? Based on what?
I've no issue with him staying and playing, but I wouldn't throw the armband at him.

Heard it all year, no leaders in that team. That team included him. I need to see much more from him before talking about making him captain.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Captains armband!? Based on what?
I've no issue with him staying and playing, but I wouldn't throw the armband at him.

Heard it all year, no leaders in that team. That team included him. I need to see much more from him before talking about making him captain.

Giving him more responsibility isn't what he needs right now. Needs to find consistency more than anything.

The Family

Capital Radge
Maybe if Porto focused on the basics of defending instead of taking too many risks I can see a genuine argument about keeping him, but he was more doing the latter and if the fee was right then let’s take it.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Maybe if St Johnstone aren't in his league he'd be a world beater!

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here