• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Massive Strides

The nearest I can offer as a comparison would maybe be Jason Holt. Busy, nippy, likes to get forward and would bolster our goal threat from Midfield. In a midfield 5, he'd be ideal, in a 4, you'd need someone alongside to bolster things up a little. He came and absolutely starred when we were at our lowest ebb in League 1. As we got better, he became a fringe player.

Without knowing what NL is looking to set us up like, I'd say he would offer something we don't currently have, but doubt he'd be NL's sort of player. I'd probably sign him, but then I like 5 across the middle.

A player that's gone backwards hugely at the Huns.

A player that's gone backwards hugely at the Huns.

Forgot all about the hun/gunt Holt, I thought the gunts boobed letting him go to them and iirc it looked that way for a while when he first went now it looks like he's gonna have to move on to someone else if he's wanting game time etc how many careers have went doon the swanny through the west

Stokesy will always be a legend, although seems to have a lot of baggage still

He hasn't paid a penny to the boy he assaulted, sad really as I would love him back but this concerns me.

Stokesy will always be a legend, although seems to have a lot of baggage still

He hasn't paid a penny to the boy he assaulted, sad really as I would love him back but this concerns me.

Is that correct TF or do you just have a suspicious mind? Presumably he paid a fine, but has welched on the compensation deal.
The boy was all shook up so deserved a pay off.

Is that correct TF or do you just have a suspicious mind? Presumably he paid a fine, but has welched on the compensation deal.

It comes from someone who knows him personally as this could lead to more serious issues for him mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Elvis impersonator headbutted by footballer Anthony Stokes says he hasn't received a single cent of €230k compensation

Maybe Stokes is appealing it?

Maybe Stokes is appealing it?

Doesn't mention anywhere in terms of an appeal, even the person who knows him is worried this will go wrong.

Blackburn released a statement saying he wasn't in the right mind to be part of their squad.

Think that was more to do with his birds photos being hacked from icloud and plastered all over the internet with Mr Stokes in some 'interesting' positions.

When someone close to the player is concerned then I am too if we are taking on too much.

Think that was more to do with his birds photos being hacked from icloud and plastered all over the internet with Mr Stokes in some 'interesting' positions.

Photos you say? Thought Shrink would've been all over this!

Photos you say? Thought Shrink would've been all over this!

It's just Stokesy looking up some bird.

It's just Stokesy looking up some bird.

Tongue tied?

Tongue tied?

Hard to tell.
He had his mouth full.

I can see by some of the replies that a few on here have seen said photos...... :wink:

Video

I can see by some of the replies that a few on here have seen said photos...... :wink:

Rocky & Efe almost done, Boyle has agreed to sign and as I mentioned on my opening post 4/5 major signings to be coming also.

Rocky & Efe almost done, Boyle has agreed to sign and as I mentioned on my opening post 4/5 major signings to be coming also.

Lennon confirms exactly all that on a facebook interview earlier on today.

Lennon confirms exactly all that on a facebook interview earlier on today.

Which was the info I got from my source K mate, exciting times as to who is going to be the major 4/5 signings.

Which was the info I got from my source K mate, exciting times as to who is going to be the major 4/5 signings.

Heard anything regarding fyvie?

I haven't mate, he is away on holiday at the moment.

Presumably his 4 to 5 new major signings exclude Efe Ambrose and Ofir Marciano ?...if so IMO two of those signings have to be proven strikers at top half SPL level or above. One of those will be a big striker who can both header the ball well and be able to hold the ball up. I think Stokes will be the other striker. The other three signings I hope are a genuine left-sided winger (GMS ?), an experienced playmaker in midfield with an eye for goal (Commons ?), and a creative attacking midfielder who can open up a defence and score goals (either Henderson or AN other). If we get all that I will be genuinely confident of Hibs competing for a top 4 finish. Of course the big spanner in the works will be the futures of Cummings and McGinn. It would be great if both were still Hibs players next season, but if either are sold then we will definitely need to replace them properly.

I like Lennon's "build from the back" policy. Our defence was our best performing unit last season having conceded by far the fewest goals in that league. The team which is the hardest to beat tends to be the team which win the prizes in football and I think Lennon is a firm believer in that philosophy. He has secured almost all of our defensive unit which was successful last season and that is good to see. Our defence has been good and knows each others game. Of course they will be under much more pressure next season and it will be a real test for them. Lennon has clearly prioritised securing this area of the team before moving on to bring in the forward players of quality which we will need for next season. The players I have suggested in brackets are just ideas and players I would quite like to see. Lennon/Mathie/Craig will have this all under control I am sure and I am looking forward to seeing the type of players who arrive at Hibs over the summer.

Last edited:
I haven't mate, he is away on holiday at the moment

Cheers mate hope it's a case of sign on dotted line on his return
Decent player who I think will suit the step up

Report in the Express today about Hibs finished off by saying that "it was believed that Fyvie was keen stay with the club". Here's hoping.
As he is away on holiday at the moment we probably won't hear anything official for about a fortnight.

Report in the Express today about Hibs finished off by saying that "it was believed that Fyvie was keen stay with the club". Here's hoping.
As he is away on holiday at the moment we probably won't hear anything official for about a fortnight.

NL said he had other options.

I'm unusually not in any rush to see things moving too fast, just for now. Its brilliant we have kept the players that have already resigned, wasn't sure a couple would. It all comes down to McGinn and Cummings, until that's put to bed it might be a long transfer window. In SITK we trust :read::077:

I think we need some news on this soon. Need to see a statement of intent for new players arriving for day one of pre season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need some news on this soon. Need to see a statement of intent for new players arriving for day one of pre season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's too early for alot of players to have considered committing already.
The regular league season only finished 3 days ago in almost every league.

Business realistically starts now, players will be getting their initial offers from current clubs if they're out of contract, releasing has only just begun.

Plenty time yet before we need to worry about pre season.
The fact we're staying home for preseason sounds to me like there's gonna be alot of players being looked at.

Potentially there are quite a few players still to come on the market. Some don't even know themselves that they will be on market.

We currently have the nucleus of the strong and stable ( (c) Theresa May) squad. What we are looking for is additional quality. Any quality player available will have more than Hibs after them and plenty of decisions to make.

Personally I don't agree with some on here who seem to want a complete overhaul of the squad. I think that the many of the teams that have success (e.g. Aberdeen and St Johnstone) do so from a settled squad.

I think Hertz were too quick to dismantle the squad that got them back into the SPL. And they are paying for it now.

If Rocky signs then goalkeeper covered.

The defence is solid. Cover for fullbacks would be good but not essential.

Midfield is strong in the centre but needs a couple of wide players with pace.

If we get Stokes and Murray then probably only need one more up front option (Grant Holt type player?)

To me that should be only 4 or 5 new players (providing the predicted signings happen). Happy to see us take a bit of time and aim for real quality.

I trust Hibs recruitment staff to get it right.

So out of the 4/5 quality signings we have Stokesy, Silvika, Big Dave, SW, leaves one, so who is it Moult or Hendo or both

Going to be interesting last few days that's for sure.

So out of the 4/5 quality signings we have Stokesy, Silvika, Big Dave, SW, leaves one, so who is it Moult or Hendo or both

Lots of chat about Moult tonight

Lots of chat about Moult tonight ������������

Got told NL liked Moult mate which I posted a while back, I personally thought Aberdeen were going to be signing him.

Got told NL liked Moult mate which I posted a while back, I personally thought Aberdeen were going to be signing him.

Sheep have May now.
Hibs or Huns may chuck some money at Motherwell since it's clear he will be away sooner or later

Sheep have May now.
Hibs or Huns may chuck some money at Motherwell since it's clear he will be away sooner or later

100% mate, if we sell SJM and get decent money for him then these two would be perfect.

Lots of chat about Moult tonight

Nae mare chat M mate??
Would really love this to happen he's definitely got a bit about him and keekback would go into meltdown
These wallopers are so far deluded even I'm struggling to wonder what makes thum tick

We signed Ambrose, so i'd say Stokes, Slivka, Dave, Whittaker and Ambrose were the players. Might still make a push for Hendo, but he wouldn't be a starter for us, IMO.

Moult stuff is pie in the sky. We do need another striker, but it will be another loan from down south I'd imagine.

We signed Ambrose, so i'd say Stokes, Slivka, Dave, Whittaker and Ambrose were the players. Might still make a push for Hendo, but he wouldn't be a starter for us, IMO.

Moult stuff is pie in the sky. We do need another striker, but it will be another loan from down south I'd imagine.

See my post above where i said 4/5 to come in after Efe & Rocky etc.

NL likes Moult so lets see what happens.

Looks like Hendo is winning this race.

Looks like Hendo is winning this race.

For the first pre contract?!

For the first pre contract?!

Their loss is our gain mate.

Their loss is our gain mate.

I am not convinced we will ever see Henderson back at ER sadly.

I am not convinced we will ever see Henderson back at ER sadly.

Maybe as a spectator, but I agree - it looks as if the moment has passed.

It will come to a head in a few months when he is free to sign a pre-contract, and I think he probably will.
But will it be with Hibs?

:dunno:

This thread has been viewed 6426 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50