• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Massive Strides

Maybe as a spectator, but I agree - it looks as if the moment has passed.

It will come to a head in a few months when he is free to sign a pre-contract, and I think he probably will.
But will it be with Hibs?

:dunno:

And celtc will still be due a large development fee....

And celtc will still be due a large development fee....

Only if they offer him another contract, I think. Could be wrong though

I think that's the way it works mate and I'm sure the compo is worked out on how much the new contract is worth, I could be wrong tho?

That's right, as long as they're under 23 and offered a new contract at the current club.
The fees are a bit harder to figure out though, it's based on our training costs and the number of years he's been at Celtic from his 12th or 13th birthday.

Probably end up costing upwards of 250k

In addition to all of the above I'm sure the new contract that's offered must be worth more than the expiring one.

I am not convinced we will ever see Henderson back at ER sadly.

Main factor is both Hendo and his representatives want this move it was always Celtic playing hard ball, he knows he isn't going to get near midfield and he wants to be playing at a higher level rather than Development games and at a club and manager who wants him, time will tell in a few months when he can sign a pre contract with us, they won't be due anything unless he signs a new deal which I don't think he will.

Main factor is both Hendo and his representatives want this move it was always Celtic playing hard ball, he knows he isn't going to get near midfield and he wants to be playing at a higher level rather than Development games and at a club and manager who wants him, time will tell in a few months when he can sign a pre contract with us, they won't be due anything unless he signs a new deal which I don't think he will.

If he signs for us Celtc will still be due a development fee?

If he signs for us Celtc will still be due a development fee?

He is in the last year of his contract, I thought he had to sign a new deal for a fee, maybe I have it wrong but I am certain it will happen on a pre contract mate

He is in the last year of his contract, I thought he had to sign a new deal for a fee, maybe I have it wrong but I am certain it will happen on a pre contract mate

You are wrong. Development fees are for clubs who have developed a player and they leave on a precontract. It was designed to protect smaller clubs having their players tapped for fuck all.
As long as Celtic offer him a new deal, we will owe them money based on various costs and how many years he's been at Celtic.

Mentioned in the other thread it might be that it only works if he's offered an improved deal by Celtic, so in a freak scenario, we might get a situation where his current deal at Celtic is pretty sweet, so an improved offer by them might not be in their interests just in case he accepted it. So maybe they pass and lose out on the money.

Also. We won't be the only club able to offer a contract, Celtic might try forcing a sale elsewhere in January and an immediate move elsewhere might suit him better as he'll want to play football not wait another 7 months.

Or, Celtic have problems, he gets game time, impresses and becomes more regular... Could screw us again.

You cannot begin to be certain this will happen on a precontract. Nobody could even begin to know at this stage. Not hibs, not Liam, not his representatives, not celtic.

The most successful part of his development and therefore his value was undoubtedly at Hibs.

I wonder if that would be taken into account if he came to us against another club???

The most successful part of his development and therefore his value was undoubtedly at Hibs.

I wonder if that would be taken into account if he came to us against another club???

Inadvertently you have made a great point there Jacko

You are wrong. Development fees are for clubs who have developed a player and they leave on a precontract. It was designed to protect smaller clubs having their players tapped for $#@! all.
As long as Celtic offer him a new deal, we will owe them money based on various costs and how many years he's been at Celtic.

Mentioned in the other thread it might be that it only works if he's offered an improved deal by Celtic, so in a freak scenario, we might get a situation where his current deal at Celtic is pretty sweet, so an improved offer by them might not be in their interests just in case he accepted it. So maybe they pass and lose out on the money.

Also. We won't be the only club able to offer a contract, Celtic might try forcing a sale elsewhere in January and an immediate move elsewhere might suit him better as he'll want to play football not wait another 7 months.

Or, Celtic have problems, he gets game time, impresses and becomes more regular... Could screw us again.

You cannot begin to be certain this will happen on a precontract. Nobody could even begin to know at this stage. Not hibs, not Liam, not his representatives, not celtic.

Thanks for clearing up the fee issue mate

This thread has been viewed 6490 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75