Massive Strides

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
The nearest I can offer as a comparison would maybe be Jason Holt. Busy, nippy, likes to get forward and would bolster our goal threat from Midfield. In a midfield 5, he'd be ideal, in a 4, you'd need someone alongside to bolster things up a little. He came and absolutely starred when we were at our lowest ebb in League 1. As we got better, he became a fringe player.

Without knowing what NL is looking to set us up like, I'd say he would offer something we don't currently have, but doubt he'd be NL's sort of player. I'd probably sign him, but then I like 5 across the middle.

A player that's gone backwards hugely at the Huns.

Stanton Spence

Well-Known Radge
A player that's gone backwards hugely at the Huns.

Forgot all about the hun/gunt Holt, I thought the gunts boobed letting him go to them and iirc it looked that way for a while when he first went now it looks like he's gonna have to move on to someone else if he's wanting game time etc how many careers have went doon the swanny through the west

The Family

Capital Radge
Stokesy will always be a legend, although seems to have a lot of baggage still

He hasn't paid a penny to the boy he assaulted, sad really as I would love him back but this concerns me.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Stokesy will always be a legend, although seems to have a lot of baggage still

He hasn't paid a penny to the boy he assaulted, sad really as I would love him back but this concerns me.

Is that correct TF or do you just have a suspicious mind? Presumably he paid a fine, but has welched on the compensation deal.
The boy was all shook up so deserved a pay off.

The Family

Capital Radge
Is that correct TF or do you just have a suspicious mind? Presumably he paid a fine, but has welched on the compensation deal.

It comes from someone who knows him personally as this could lead to more serious issues for him mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Elvis impersonator headbutted by footballer Anthony Stokes says he hasn't received a single cent of €230k compensation

The Family

Capital Radge
Maybe Stokes is appealing it?

Doesn't mention anywhere in terms of an appeal, even the person who knows him is worried this will go wrong.

Blackburn released a statement saying he wasn't in the right mind to be part of their squad.

The Family

Capital Radge
Think that was more to do with his birds photos being hacked from icloud and plastered all over the internet with Mr Stokes in some 'interesting' positions.

When someone close to the player is concerned then I am too if we are taking on too much.

The Family

Capital Radge
Rocky & Efe almost done, Boyle has agreed to sign and as I mentioned on my opening post 4/5 major signings to be coming also.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Rocky & Efe almost done, Boyle has agreed to sign and as I mentioned on my opening post 4/5 major signings to be coming also.

Lennon confirms exactly all that on a facebook interview earlier on today.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Which was the info I got from my source K mate, exciting times as to who is going to be the major 4/5 signings.

Presumably his 4 to 5 new major signings exclude Efe Ambrose and Ofir Marciano ?...if so IMO two of those signings have to be proven strikers at top half SPL level or above. One of those will be a big striker who can both header the ball well and be able to hold the ball up. I think Stokes will be the other striker. The other three signings I hope are a genuine left-sided winger (GMS ?), an experienced playmaker in midfield with an eye for goal (Commons ?), and a creative attacking midfielder who can open up a defence and score goals (either Henderson or AN other). If we get all that I will be genuinely confident of Hibs competing for a top 4 finish. Of course the big spanner in the works will be the futures of Cummings and McGinn. It would be great if both were still Hibs players next season, but if either are sold then we will definitely need to replace them properly.

I like Lennon's "build from the back" policy. Our defence was our best performing unit last season having conceded by far the fewest goals in that league. The team which is the hardest to beat tends to be the team which win the prizes in football and I think Lennon is a firm believer in that philosophy. He has secured almost all of our defensive unit which was successful last season and that is good to see. Our defence has been good and knows each others game. Of course they will be under much more pressure next season and it will be a real test for them. Lennon has clearly prioritised securing this area of the team before moving on to bring in the forward players of quality which we will need for next season. The players I have suggested in brackets are just ideas and players I would quite like to see. Lennon/Mathie/Craig will have this all under control I am sure and I am looking forward to seeing the type of players who arrive at Hibs over the summer.

Last edited: