• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What you're eating. What you're drinking. What you're watching?

Its pre weekly shop Thursday, and been so busy with work I huvnae left the hoose since Sunday apart from the wee 500 mere trip to the tooth doctor, so its Tapas night as my mum says, I call it Heinz 57. Its whatever we have in the freezer.

We had a mezze of duck spring rolls, veggie spring rolls, filo prawns and asian squid, some Kikkoman and Happy Boy Sweet Chilli sauce (both the best in soy sauce and Thai sweet chilli sauce), a glass of something tinto, a laugh at the Huns losing a late equaliser on the radio, currently listening to Celtc struggle against Sparta Prague reserves.

Made a chicken enchilada stack, Morgan’s spiced and ginger ale. The wife’s watching Billions from the sky planner. I’ll watch my recording of Landward later

Sausage supper, mug of tea, listening to radio nova

Vege curry, was tidy. The only issue with homemade curry is shop bought naan are shite. I sometimes go to the local curry take out and get naan, rice popadom and samosas, but tonight was a Scottish naan and micro rice. It’s never the same.

Vege curry, was tidy. The only issue with homemade curry is shop bought naan are shite. I sometimes go to the local curry take out and get naan, rice popadom and samosas, but tonight was a Scottish naan and micro rice. It’s never the same.
I have used this recipe before M, with splendid results.

BIG G

Watched some fireworks at the links then ate salmon with kimchi rice, cup of tea and some chocolate after, snooker on TV was entertaining tonight

Find naan bread a bit heavy always get chapatis with a curry

Starting the day with a bacon and sausage roll, a decaf coffee and the mandalorian on my computer while I tidy up this weeks work

I had marmite and sliced cheddar on seeded loaf toast and a second round with french strawberry preserve for brekky, with my usual pot of indonesian coffee listening to Dean Martin. Working when I was supposed to be on leave.:43:

spinach and pea samosa and soup from the fruit shop at the top of the street. Wife just made lemon drizzle cake so will have a slice of that with a cup of tea.

spinach and pea samosa and soup from the fruit shop at the top of the street. Wife just made lemon drizzle cake so will have a slice of that with a cup of tea.

Didn’t know they sold samosas, will get involved.

Had a massive toasted wrap from Cafe Domenico in Leith consumed sitting out at the Shore, coffee and Kit Kat to follow

Eating a brioche roll filled with turkey ham, extra mature scottish cheddar and Haywards sweet piccalilli, a mini pork pie and a chicken noodle cupasoup, reading the bounce and listening to Prefab Sprout.

Find naan bread a bit heavy always get chapatis with a curry
I always make the curry at home and use the local take away for the Naan, Raita, and Samosa.
Top Notch.

Friday night is pizza and shiraz night for me (expect a mangled Just Back after working 12 days straight). I buy either a margarita or ricotta and spinach pizza then add my own toppings as the mood takes me.

Tin of m&s chicken in a white wine sauce on heavily buttered slices of toasted white bread.

Bottle of The Ridge and a bong, ready to watch Hib's pump the sheep molesters!

Friday night is pizza and shiraz night for me (expect a mangled Just Back after working 12 days straight). I buy either a margarita or ricotta and spinach pizza then add my own toppings as the mood takes me.

Bought a spicy chicken 10" thin and crispy (2 blabs in Morrisons, bargain), added pancetta, olives and spanish red pepper strips, olive oil and black pepper. Watching Sheep TV.

I’m scooping a Primitivo red, waiting for young euphonium to get home so I can make Pici Cacio e Pepe. Then got a zoom meeting.

Bumped into fellow soup taker @1875 at the Portuguese cafe near the Harp.

Had coffee, soup, cod fritters, a sandwich and the legendary custard tarts

Bumped into fellow soup taker @1875 at the Portuguese cafe near the Harp.

Had coffee, soup, cod fritters, a sandwich and the legendary custard tarts

Yup cabbage soup, ham on coconut bread sandwich, coffee and a tart fir me too.

Yup cabbage soup, ham on coconut bread sandwich, coffee and a tart fir me too.
Saunas still open for business then?

Not got a link but my missus workplace 12 Triangles in Easter Road got a 9 out of 10 review in the Times today

Last edited:
Not got a link but my missus workplace 12 Triangles in Easter Road got a 9 out of 10 review in the Times today

Bit of a shame that follows immediately after Beagle's post.

Scran&scallie with the other half tomorrow looking forward to it .

Late Tea /Supper.....mashed potato, mashed turnip , 3 X slices of Macsweens Vegetarian Haggis.

Watching The Festival That Rocked The World.....which is about the Woodstock Festival. SkyArts2.

20201106_002457.jpg

BIG G

Homemade pizza, Holy Island gin and just watched Interstellar again.

Still sussing the story oot but the end makes me greet like a bairn.

Pumpkin soup
Ham and egg chips
Scran & scallie

Pumpkin soup
Ham and egg chips
Scran & scallie

Was it good?

Reports always decent about the place but always think Tom Kitchin seems a bit of a twat.

Just ate a pizza and having a beer

Made a chicken rogan josh today with naan, poppadoms and pickles, its been bubbling on the slow cooker all afternoon. Washed down with a bottle of EPA.

Was it good?

Reports always decent about the place but always think Tom Kitchin seems a bit of a twat.

Just ate a pizza and having a beer
Was good quality , it is pricey though portions aren't that big .
I wont be rushing back .

Tonight’s fayre is tarragon and goats cheese stuffed chicken breast, roast tatties and balsamic and olive oil drizzled tenderstem broccoli and mini corn. Washed down with a Montepulciano D’Abuzzo and feck knows what’s on telly

Was good quality , it is pricey though portions aren't that big .
I wont be rushing back .

Cheers, hope you enjoyed the outing anyway

Bottle of schiehallion for me just now

Late Tea /Supper.....mashed potato, mashed turnip , 3 X slices of Macsweens Vegetarian Haggis.

Watching The Festival That Rocked The World.....which is about the Woodstock Festival. SkyArts2.

View attachment 3705

BIG G
5 star music choice

Tea time, Heinz 5 bean baked beans on toast.

Schremser Vienna I.P. Brauerei Schrems 4.8% ABV

20201029_171445.jpg

BIG G

Ah, didnae ken your missus worked there, just round the corner from me.

Can confirm: it is very good, but oooft it is EXPENSIVE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, didnae ken your missus worked there, just round the corner from me.

Can confirm: it is very good, but oooft it is EXPENSIVE!

It is pricey, but I wonder if we've become accustomed to paying low prices for mass produced food or average quality made in gigantic food factories?

Fruit and veg from Tesco is cheaper than the place at the top of my street, but the place at the top of my street I can source where they get their food and it helps a local provisioner. Same with Bread or milk. 12T sourdough or their really tidy doughnuts cost more, but I know they're hand made and better. Same rules apply to butchers and fishmongers.

Also totally get that money is tight and Tesco etc make feeding families cheaper. And they employ folk too.

I guess like me you'll maybe have an occasional wee treat from places like 12 triangles?

It is pricey, but I wonder if we've become accustomed to paying low prices for mass produced food or average quality made in gigantic food factories?

Fruit and veg from Tesco is cheaper than the place at the top of my street, but the place at the top of my street I can source where they get their food and it helps a local provisioner. Same with Bread or milk. 12T sourdough or their really tidy doughnuts cost more, but I know they're hand made and better. Same rules apply to butchers and fishmongers.

Also totally get that money is tight and Tesco etc make feeding families cheaper. And they employ folk too.

I guess like me you'll maybe have an occasional wee treat from places like 12 triangles?

Aye, I think we probably are Mark, tbh. So the inevitable comparison unfortunately means you come out of 12T thinking “ooyah” a wee bit.

Nevertheless, I stress the other half of my comment too! It is GUID. I go in probably twice a week for their frittata and side salad for my lunch. Really is excellent. Quite often also drop another 4-odd quid for a couple of croissants for the next morning - and I would never buy a croissant from Tesco, because they are pish. Do not grudge the extra expense at 12T one bit. You do, as you rightly say, get what you pay for.

Also, @tricky they seem to be doing pretty well too? Speaks to how much the top end of ER has gentrified since me, my ma and sister moved here in the late 80s!

Aye, I think we probably are Mark, tbh. So the inevitable comparison unfortunately means you come out of 12T thinking “ooyah” a wee bit.

Nevertheless, I stress the other half of my comment too! It is GUID. I go in probably twice a week for their frittata and side salad for my lunch. Really is excellent. Quite often also drop another 4-odd quid for a couple of croissants for the next morning - and I would never buy a croissant from Tesco, because they are pish. Do not grudge the extra expense at 12T one bit. You do, as you rightly say, get what you pay for.

Also, @tricky they seem to be doing pretty well too? Speaks to how much the top end of ER has gentrified since me, my ma and sister moved here in the late 80s!

ER now has major hollywood movie stars staying there, safe to say it's not longer the same demographic!

Tea time, Heinz 5 bean baked beans on toast.

Schremser Vienna I.P. Brauerei Schrems 4.8% ABV

View attachment 3711

BIG G
In space no-one can hear you Schrem?

ER now has major hollywood movie stars staying there, safe to say it's not longer the same demographic!

Really??!! Who?

Really??!! Who?

Saoirse Ronan

This thread has been viewed 260312 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50