• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Tory with a point?

Deary me!

I think that any ‘reasonable person’ would take your point to be that concerns with the law are secondary to problems the law is targeted at. And it’s then reasonable to test that, not least given the law is being introduced in a climate when there is a whole cottage industry devoted to formulating new ‘hate problems’.

If you then want to skip the point by claiming it was throwaway, well there is little point to this conversation at all. Which is what I think Archie’s Oxford debating forum manual was saying at greater length. Perhaps.
You wouldn't get away with it in an Oxford debate.

Away Archie. I’ve pointed it out more than once. You ask for more and more, and then once a pile of evidence is provided against which is usually arrayed ‘what you think’, you play your correlation vs causation card. That’s despite you not being daft enough to believe this trope is as smart as your average Redditor might believe when we come to human affairs - where correlation is all we will ever have.
Well if you make outlandish statements then it's legitimate to question them. You love it really!

Well if you make outlandish statements then it's legitimate to question them. You love it really!
They might be outlandish to Guardian and NYT readers Arch, but not to observers of reality. Hence the subsequent dynamic I described above ;))

But if you’re really only interested in press coverage, I don’t think that’s anyone else’s bone of contention here. So I guess your point is made and the debate will continue or not, focussed on the matter itself.
Fair dos, I'll leave you to it then, with my opinion that the ease with which public opinion is manipulated by the media is more worrying than this law duly reinforced.
Given your defense of the sanctity of protest, I assume you'll be opposing this?
Another one where because I said X you extrapolate it to mean whatever you've created in your head. I'll answer anyway to avoid being accused of ducking the question. No, I won't be opposing that. Similarly I support attempts to legislate to prevent a small number of people from inconveniencing thousands a la motorway blockades. I do worry however about the provisions in the E&W Public Order Act which strike me as even more open to interpretation than the Scottish Hate Crime and Public Order Act.
If you then want to skip the point by claiming it was throwaway, well there is little point to this conversation at all
I answered the point in post 352.

Anyway, I'm going my holidays so I should go and pack so will be taking no further questions at this time 😂.

@Rocky lucky bassa- I hope its somewhere sunny!

@Rocky lucky bassa- I hope its somewhere sunny!
Is it fuck but there'll be booze...

Where are you going on hols?

Fair dos, I'll leave you to it then, with my opinion that the ease with which public opinion is manipulated by the media is more worrying than this law duly reinforced.

Another one where because I said X you extrapolate it to mean whatever you've created in your head. I'll answer anyway to avoid being accused of ducking the question. No, I won't be opposing that. Similarly I support attempts to legislate to prevent a small number of people from inconveniencing thousands a la motorway blockades. I do worry however about the provisions in the E&W Public Order Act which strike me as even more open to interpretation than the Scottish Hate Crime and Public Order Act.

I answered the point in post 352.

Anyway, I'm going my holidays so I should go and pack so will be taking no further questions at this time 😂.
No creation in my head. Just asking - it's not an unreasonable question. I think the Public Order Act also exposes the difficulty in crafting legislation to address one issue that then leaks into other ones. You want legislation to restrict motorway protestors but you don't want to restrict other forms of protest. That's really hard to do.

Where are you going on hols?
If it's no sunny and there is booze id hazard a guess it's in Scotland.

No, it's recorded against the complainant but includes the alleged perpetrator's details. So it can't show up on a disclosure check because it's not attached to Fraser's record. But it's discoverable in a subject access request made by Fraser because it's data held on file about him.
Accusation made, nothing happens beyond chat in police station but years later it's brought up during licence application. Funnily enough licence not granted.

According to the guardian, because it’s the guardian, this is down to neo Nazis filing complaints. Perhaps they mean women.

According to the guardian, because it’s the guardian, this is down to neo Nazis filing complaints. Perhaps they mean women.

Perhaps it was people who were deceived by the media thinking it was something it wasn't.

Just posted on another thread about how the far right are picking on poor auld humza

This thread has been viewed 5942 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75