• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Rwanda D Day tonight

The half a billion spent on this stupid stunt could be spent on schools and hospitals.
Problem is it's money we don't have.

BIG G

I think people can have different views on these issues. It's one of the problems with labeling anything you don't like as 'right wing'. As for women commentators - does anyone really care?
Add another misogynist to the total. Can't abide female commentators and yes there are a few male ones who are gash.

A bit Ryanesque fella. A rise in defence spending will happen everywhere because Russia and Iran. I'm not sure those two are conspiring to keep Rishi in number ten
Exactly. UK defence spending being increased to 2.5% of GDP compared to Russia where it's at 5.9%.

Exactly. UK defence spending being increased to 2.5% of GDP compared to Russia where it's at 5.9%.
Russia’s economy really is on a war footing producing 3x the artillery munitions of Europe and US combined. It’s incredible to me how many people are willing to soak up anti western conspiracy chat. Ryan may a couple of steps ahead of the pack, but he’s not running alone.

Russia’s economy really is on a war footing producing 3x the artillery munitions of Europe and US combined. It’s incredible to me how many people are willing to soak up anti western conspiracy chat. Ryan may a couple of steps ahead of the pack, but he’s not running alone.

I usually always try and imagine how all sides think and feel in a conflict. And it's not inconceivable that Russia (as opposed to Putin) feels a massive sense of insecurity. It's surrounded by NATO and has recent history of 20 Million dead in a war.

Saying russia is surrounded by nato is the same as saying nato is surrounded by russia.
Adjoining nato/russian border is only 11% of total Russian border so hardly surrounded

Saying russia is surrounded by nato is the same as saying nato is surrounded by russia.
Adjoining nato/russian border is only 11% of total Russian border so hardly surrounded
And NATO resources are comparable to Russia?

I usually always try and imagine how all sides think and feel in a conflict. And it's not inconceivable that Russia (as opposed to Putin) feels a massive sense of insecurity. It's surrounded by NATO and has recent history of 20 Million dead in a war.
By invading Ukraine his insecurity must have gone tenfold. He fecking closed the baltic with the into of the Nordic countries to NATO, which was never on the cards prior to him invading, and all but closed the black sea! NATO are bigger and stronger than they have ever been because of this aggression. They have been getting arms frae North Korea, drones from Iran and arms from China to prop up their war footing. They are bringing 2nd world war vehicles out of mothn ball ffs.
Their GDP is less than Frances, and with Scotland help it is less than the UKs, just in Europe alone. Fuck all to do with WW2 dead. Its a psychopathic murdering scumbag who wants cold war levels of infulence.

They are very much the the smallest byu far of thge Super Powers. There is the US and China and up and coming India. There is no insecurity amongst the Russian population, they just want out the war their criminal leaders have put them in. They simnply cant compete with NATO. We are very close toa complete control olf Ukraine Sky and a ability to hit Russia very effectively.
This means shag all tae. You have to look at the UK defence spending amongst all the other nations of Europe. Add the spending budgets of them and it dwarfs putins. Their black seas fleet is almost fucked! Russia is not beating Ukraine anytime soon. Russian people arnae defending their motherland against a group of nations trying to extermninate them. Russia is finished. Putin will be assisinated by hiis own. Would just like toput here that China and North Korea are a cople of *&*^ tae.

Nope. Its money we dont want tos pend. There is a difference. We have money for anything we want. We dont have money for the things we dont want.

Nope. Its money we dont want tos pend. There is a difference. We have money for anything we want. We dont have money for the things we dont want.
Tell that to Liz Truss.

Total fantasy I'm afraid.

Tell that to Liz Truss.

Total fantasy I'm afraid.
yes. shes a fantasist, i agree.

yes. shes a fantasist, i agree.
She seemed to share your conviction we don't have to worry about balancing the books.

We are absolutely rooked my good man. We have already devalued sterling massively - had we been in the euro we'd have been Greece levels of shagged - and the cost of servicing our colossal debt is rocketing.

When I say devalued sterling massively, this is of course through creating and spending money we dont have. This of course also makes UK property and the rest cheap for foreign buyers and so businesses get snaffled up and property prices jacked even higher. And of course the cost of imports goes up and we rely pretty heavily on them.

Surprised that you buy into this absolute codswallop. Anyway Truss tested it to destruction and, as I've noted before, her demise was cheered loudest by people whose magical political/ economic doctrine had just been completely falsified.

She seemed to share your conviction we don't have to worry about balancing the books.

We are absolutely rooked my good man. We have already devalued sterling massively - had we been in the euro we'd have been Greece levels of shagged - and the cost of servicing our colossal debt is rocketing.

When I say devalued sterling massively, this is of course through creating and spending money we dont have. This of course also makes UK property and the rest cheap for foreign buyers and so businesses get snaffled up and property prices jacked even higher. And of course the cost of imports goes up and we rely pretty heavily on them.

Surprised that you buy into this absolute codswallop. Anyway Truss tested it to destruction and, as I've noted before, her demise was cheered loudest by people whose magical political/ economic doctrine had just been completely falsified.
first sentence: tell me a country who has balanced the books, and you could educate me when britain had "balanced books"

2nd paragraph. We are not rooked.

4th para, im not buying into "this codswallop". I have nothing but contempt and pity for your Truss. A veritable fucking goat.

Greatest of all time?
:eek:

While it's sore if you go abroad, it's not necessarily bad for the country to have a low valued currency. That's why China manages the Yuan so aggressively.

This of course also makes UK property and the rest cheap for foreign buyers and so businesses get sna ...
I would suggest that's the result of corruption abroad and the ease of money laundering here.

first sentence: tell me a country who has balanced the books, and you could educate me when britain had "balanced books"

2nd paragraph. We are not rooked.

4th para, im not buying into "this codswallop". I have nothing but contempt and pity for your Truss. A veritable fucking goat.
My point is that said goat got leathered by the markets for believing we can do what we want economically. We can't, because we are rooked and our creditors will have their say.

While it's sore if you go abroad, it's not necessarily bad for the country to have a low valued currency. That's why China manages the Yuan so aggressively.
Well yeah if you want your serf classes never leaving their grimy industrial hovels (or call centres on bleak business parks in Britain perhaps) while the globalised gentry swan about, then I'm sure it's quote amenable

Well yeah if you want your serf classes never leaving their grimy industrial hovels (or call centres on bleak business parks in Britain perhaps) while the globalised gentry swan about, then I'm sure it's quote amenable
Or alternatively if you want to support exports and rebuild a manufacturing base, allowing for good quality high paid jobs.

Or alternatively if you want to support exports and rebuild a manufacturing base, allowing for good quality high paid jobs.
Yup. Trades offs and all that. There probably should be a grown up discussion about whether Britain should become a poor country so it can compete in this way. But good luck selling it.

However those high paid jobs become relative. Still won't have the import purchasing power we are used to. Still won't be able to compete with overseas buyers etc.

Anyway a bit of a digression. I'm pretty sure you'd agree with the original point. We don't have lots of money and we can't just create new money without material consequences.

I would suggest that's the result of corruption abroad and the ease of money laundering here.
Very possibly if we are talking london mansions but I mean more widely.

Foreign ownership of British residential property is at all time highs iirc. Just as brits used to buy places in poorer countries like Portugal, now it attractive for people from wealthier countries to buy here, without having to be shady oligarchs.

What the Liz Truss shit show demonstrated that it isn't possible really for any UK Government to be anything other than one of social democracy. No huge unfunded tax cuts to stimulate growth for those on the right and no huge unfunded public spending on public services for those on the right.

Though of course right now we do have unfunded tax cuts and unfunded public spending....

My point is that said goat got leathered by the markets for believing we can do what we want economically. We can't, because we are rooked and our creditors will have their say.
my only point was, to another poster, was that the uk can pay for what they want to pay for if they really want to pay for it.

Truss was, and still is a fucking goat who almost crashed us. But we, as a country are not rooked any more than all the other top economies in the world. We are not rooked.

Very possibly if we are talking london mansions but I mean more widely.

Foreign ownership of British residential property is at all time highs iirc. Just as brits used to buy places in poorer countries like Portugal, now it attractive for people from wealthier countries to buy here, without having to be shady oligarchs.
On this and the original post the £ has remained fairly steady against the € and $ since we won the cup. The investments in property don't seem to be coming from any devaluing of the £.

And where are all these foreign buyers buying? I can't say I've seen anything mentioned.

my only point was, to another poster, was that the uk can pay for what they want to pay for if they really want to pay for it.

Truss was, and still is a fucking goat who almost crashed us. But we, as a country are not rooked any more than all the other top economies in the world. We are not rooked.
Don't you see the connection between these two things?

We cannot spend money without convincing our creditors we have a viable plan to fund that spend (which is not the same as realistic- that was abandoned long ago). In short we are heavily constrained. If we spend on x we have to cut y, or else we need to have a plan to increase the overall spend, and that better please our creditors.

We are rooked. And yes so are many of the other big economies.

On this and the original post the £ has remained fairly steady against the € and $ since we won the cup. The investments in property don't seem to be coming from any devaluing of the £.

And where are all these foreign buyers buying? I can't say I've seen anything mentioned.
Yup we devalued after the bank crash and it now seems semi permanent.

On foreign buyers some of the first few from many on google (England and Wales specifically some od these articles):

And businesses

Now there are other factors in play too
All I'm saying is printing money means devaluing currency, among the consequences of which is British stuff becomes cheap for overseas interests

An election in the summer IMO.

The UK government don't have £500m? Course they don't. If they'd chased after ANY of the £16b PPE fraud the Tory cuunts helped instigate they could have used a fraction of that

An election in the summer IMO.
Can’t come soon enough. I think the whole country, regardless of part sympathies, needs to hope that Starmer can start to unpick the mess that is the UK. I’m on record as saying I don’t believe he can, and I maintain that. But where there is life there is hope !

Can’t come soon enough. I think the whole country, regardless of part sympathies, needs to hope that Starmer can start to unpick the mess that is the UK. I’m on record as saying I don’t believe he can, and I maintain that. But where there is life there is hope !
He certainly won't be able to do it in one 5 year term.
Far too much to sort out, and as always in politics, very much determined by events.
Just looking for some competency in government for once.

unionist *&*^;))

Found this quite interesting.

Seeing clips of Irish citizens protesting weekly now about migrants being housed in their towns has gave the Irish politicians a fright......

Ireland plans to return asylum seekers to the UK under new emergency laws, in an effort to stem arrivals through Northern Ireland.

The taoiseach, Simon Harris, wants the proposals brought to cabinet next week amid concern that Rishi Sunak’s Rwanda plan was rerouting asylum seekers from the UK.

Newtown Mount Kennedy yesterday.....

View attachment VID_20240428_131538_492.mp4

Found this quite interesting.

Seeing clips of Irish citizens protesting weekly now about migrants being housed in their towns has gave the Irish politicians a fright....

Ireland plans to return asylum seekers to the UK under new emergency laws, in an effort to stem arrivals through Northern Ireland.

The taoiseach, Simon Harris, wants the proposals brought to cabinet next week amid concern that Rishi Sunak’s Rwanda plan was rerouting asylum seekers from the UK.

Newtown Mount Kennedy yesterday.....

View attachment 13832
Be flown back and straight on the plane tae Rwanda. Luggage tae follow.

It would seem so Billy. Even Sinn Fein are backtracking regarding unvetted migrants arriving in Ireland.

The Irish are protesting in numbers that give politicians a squeaky arse time.

Fuck the principles think of the votes type thing.

It would seem so Billy. Even Sinn Fein are backtracking regarding unvetted migrants arriving in Ireland.

The Irish are protesting in numbers that give politicians a squeaky arse time.

Fuck the principles think of the votes type thing.
Read a lot of stories about immigrants attacking lassies and fighting wi the locals. Most of them are young men or laddies. Cannae imagine a lot of them wi jobs either.

A mate in Ireland sends me clips of protesters regularly and the MSM completely pretend those protest are by a few 'far right' protesters.

Thousands marched in Dublin a few weeks ago and the only description the Irish press gave was that 'far right' protesters had had a march.

Read a lot of stories about immigrants attacking lassies and fighting wi the locals. Most of them are young men or laddies. Cannae imagine a lot of them wi jobs either.
Be careful i get all sorts of political,racist assumptions made about me for comments like that

Be careful i get all sorts of political,racist assumptions made about me for comments like that
I’m no a racist. My neighbour 2 away from me is from an Irish traveller family. :coffee1:

The home office cannae find thousands of the migrants they want tae send tae Rwanda.
They've all fucked off tae Ireland.:grinning-smiley-045:

This thread has been viewed 2445 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75