• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Livin in America

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Not the Jimmy brown song tho.

After waiting 20 months I got my visa at the end of November. Obviously over the moon to be reunited with the missus, but takes a bit of getting used to.

Love. Massive hoose. Cheap petrol. Nice weather. Getting my hole again! Getting into US sports.

Hate. Nae good bacon here. Tea just isnae the same. No chance of seeing The Cabbage any time soon. TV is shite over here (8 mins of TV, 5 mins of ads - fucks THAT aw aboot?). All my family and friends are 5 hours ahead, so unless I pre arrange it, it's tough to properly catch up....can get pretty lonely.

All in all I'd say a 6 and a half out of ten. Should get better next year - hopefully

Good luck. Where about are you?

After waiting 20 months I got my visa at the end of November. Obviously over the moon to be reunited with the missus, but takes a bit of getting used to.

Love. Massive hoose. Cheap petrol. Nice weather. Getting my hole again! Getting into US sports.

Hate. Nae good bacon here. Tea just isnae the same. No chance of seeing The Cabbage any time soon. TV is shite over here (8 mins of TV, 5 mins of ads - fucks THAT aw aboot?). All my family and friends are 5 hours ahead, so unless I pre arrange it, it's tough to properly catch up....can get pretty lonely.

All in all I'd say a 6 and a half out of ten. Should get better next year - hopefully
You can see the Hibs on Hibs TV, and that’s just about the same as the rest of us for quite a while.
Some pics might have been better to get your point across though, not necessarily of the house.

Double up on the teabags, two per mug

Good luck from me too.

where are you so visits can be planned etc

I'm glad to see the back of you to be honest! :3:

I did five years in Asia, it does take getting used to. You will find a place that sells British food and tea, maybe the bounces resident septics can help?

where are you based?

Bacon is shite, haven't had good bacon in ages. Most chinese restaurants are shite too.

It tells you in the title.America.

Based in North Carolina, just outside Jacksonville - on the coast.

I bought Yorkshire tea bags, but they were $9 for 80! Found a Scottish shop online but it's too expensive. Maybe every now and again I'll order from there as they do back bacon, but not all the time.

Chinese restaurants here are indeed pish, going to see if the Chinese supermarkets have decent ingredients.

My mum is sending a care package over, some decent chocolate and crisps...that'll hold me!

At least I can get hp sauce!

Welcome! I moved over to San Francisco a few years ago - sounds like familiar problems!

Practise making potato scones and add good Indian food to your list of things your missing!

I've been in the states for over 20 years now.
I used to miss a lot of the food from home but that dwindles.
We have a British Shop nearby that I can get Sausages & real Bacon & even Haggis so I indulge now and again.
As has been said, Chinese food is shite here. Havent found a good yin yet, but there are some decent Indian restaurants in ATL. Took me a while to find them. The biggest miss is Fish n Chips, taken to making my own now using a Ramsey recipe. surprisingly brawsome.
You are not that far away from ATL so gies a holler if you are ever heading this way.

Welcome! I moved over to San Francisco a few years ago - sounds like familiar problems!

Practise making potato scones and add good Indian food to your list of things your missing!
Actually have made tattie scones over here. Not saying they were as good as the real thing but they were decent!

I've been in the states for over 20 years now.
I used to miss a lot of the food from home but that dwindles.
We have a British Shop nearby that I can get Sausages & real Bacon & even Haggis so I indulge now and again.
As has been said, Chinese food is shite here. Havent found a good yin yet, but there are some decent Indian restaurants in ATL. Took me a while to find them. The biggest miss is Fish n Chips, taken to making my own now using a Ramsey recipe. surprisingly brawsome.
You are not that far away from ATL so gies a holler if you are ever heading this way.

Ordered the bacon along with haggis bites and scotch pies. They were good,but not worth the price.

I actually have flown into ATL a few times. Jacksonville Airport is small and only services Atlanta and Charlotte.

When I flew back a few months ago my missus said to me "have a chippy for me "

Amazing what you miss. Can you send a link to the ramsay recipe?

Ordered the bacon along with haggis bites and scotch pies. They were good,but not worth the price.

I actually have flown into ATL a few times. Jacksonville Airport is small and only services Atlanta and Charlotte.

When I flew back a few months ago my missus said to me "have a chippy for me "

Amazing what you miss. Can you send a link to the ramsay recipe?

Google the video - he walks thru every step

I bought Yorkshire tea bags, but they were $9 for 80! Found a Scottish shop online but it's too expensive. Maybe every now and again I'll order from there as they do back bacon, but not all the time.

Chinese restaurants here are indeed pish, going to see if the Chinese supermarkets have decent ingredients.

My mum is sending a care package over, some decent chocolate and crisps...that'll hold me!

Nae chance o gettin haggis until the Yanks deem it fit for eating, that is of course assuming you like haggis me I love it.

Nae chance o gettin haggis until the Yanks deem it fit for eating, that is of course assuming you like haggis me I love it.
The British shop here has tinned haggis.
Not the best but does the trick every now and then

Here’s a shop I sometimes visit when I’m anywhere near the Detroit area? Has an online store too.

Ackroyd's Scottish Bakery

The British shop here has tinned haggis.
Not the best but does the trick every now and then
Tinned mmmm? Not quite the same, stabbing it wi a big jaggy knife at a Burns supper moment kinda lost when you’ve got to ask for a tin opener. ????????

Haggis neeps and tatties pizza from M & S with left over pigs in blankets . Lovely
20201229_181749.jpg

What is this ‘leftovers’ of which you speak?

What is this ‘leftovers’ of which you speak?
leftover from when i ate the others

leftover from when i ate the others
That’s never happened to me.

That’s never happened to y

That’s never happened to me.
You need to try harder

Google the video - he walks thru every step
I'm gonna give that a bash. Thanks mate

I've seen the British shops that have it but without sheep's lung. I think I'm going to get one

I've seen the British shops that have it but without sheep's lung. I think I'm going to get one
I'd stick with human lungs, mate.

Tinned mmmm? Not quite the same, stabbing it wi a big jaggy knife at a Burns supper moment kinda lost when you’ve got to ask for a tin opener. ????????
Better than nowt

Here’s a shop I sometimes visit when I’m anywhere near the Detroit area? Has an online store too.

Ackroyd's Scottish Bakery
Sliced sausage 12$ a pound!!
got 12 slices for a pound oot the freezer shop last week?

Sliced sausage 12$ a pound!!
got 12 slices for a pound oot the freezer shop last week?
Aye, but you canny sit ootside in the sunshine while you scran it. ?

Aye, but you canny sit ootside in the sunshine while you scran it. ?
Aye ah can... fuckin freezin but ?

I am happy to bring stuff over for you any time you want. I would obviously have to quarantine at yours for 14 days a couple of months :beer-1-prv:????‍♂️

This thread has been viewed 2027 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back