• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Leigh Griffiths - extends at Celtc for 1 year 01/07/2021

numptyploom

Private Member
Reaction score
Not even on the bench !
Celtic and Sevco both getting results and this season absolutely crucial for both teams in terms of 10 in a row!
One team desperate to do it and one equally desperate to stop it!
What chance Celtic loan Griffiths to us to help them achieve their goal!
I couldn't care less about the end of season result for either team but if it resulted in European football for us, I would take it!

Not even on the bench !
Smellies... and Sevco both getting results and this season absolutely crucial for both teams in terms of 10 in a row!
One team desperate to do it and one equally desperate to stop it!
What chance Smellies... loan Griffiths to us to help them achieve their goal!
I couldn't care less about the end of season result for either team but if it resulted in European football for us, I would take it!

Would have Leigh over McNulty, although the smellies won’t deal with us sadly.

I think Leighs time at Celtic is done tbh he's literally 4th choice now behind Edouard, Ajeti and Klimala. I think it would be worth inquiring about a cheeky loan until the end of the season. I think Griffiths would come to Hibs in a heartbeat aswell because he wants to play. Saying that can't see it happening but god loves a trier.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I’m no sure I’d take him. Nothing to do with his ability, but right now we seem to have a very good and very settled dressing room. If his attitude isn’t good enough for Celtic, it shouldn’t be good enough for Hibs.

I’m no sure I’d take him. Nothing to do with his ability, but right now we seem to have a very good and very settled dressing room. If his attitude isn’t good enough for Smellies..., it shouldn’t be good enough for Hibs.

I love LG but he would be a risk in an area where we are ok. Doidge was on 18 last season, he'd likely have reached a Griffiths esque tally if the season had come to a close... Even if 50% went in off his shin.

Would have Leigh over McNulty, although the smellies won’t deal with us sadly.
utter rubbish Family.

Money talks and bullshit walks.

Celtic wont deal with Hibs... gies peace

Fuckin hate daein loan deals wi' either o' that pair o' c#nts. A' this no' being able tae play against yer parent club is shite

Still has 3 years on his Sellick deal. They won't deal with us and they won't cancel his contract.

utter rubbish Family.

Smellies... wont deal with Hibs... gies peace

Look at Scott Allan’s interview

utter rubbish Family.

Smellies... wont deal with Hibs... gies peace

They did say they were done doing us "favours "

Unofficial, but it did happen

Still has 3 years on his Sellick deal. They won't deal with us and they won't cancel his contract.

Given the chance I’m sure they would be happy to offload and free up his wage. Problem is that there are a limited number of teams that would be interested due to his off the field issues and LG himself would probably rule out going to many places as well that other players may fancy a crack at.

I suspect that he will be happy to sit tight for the remainder of his contract and consider any loan options that take his fancy. One would be Hibs but our contribution to his wage would be minimal and not of great interest to the mhanks.

Look at Scott Allan’s interview
Mate, if there is money in any deal, or there is a potential deal for the soapies to gain, they will go for it. Scot Allen interview means jack shite.
Its just utter nonsense.
Business is fecking business.

hammi, that dusnae mean they wont do business with us. Doing favours and doing business isnae the same thing!

hammi, that dusnae mean they wont do business with us. Doing favours and doing business isnae the same thing!

As it was put across, they feel sending any player to Easter Road is a favour.
He took a wee tantrum because we never gifted them McGinn.
We offered a deal to bring Scott Allan back early after his pre-contract and they never let it go throigh out of nothing but spite

It wasn't they, it was Lawell who said it, Scott Allan confirmed it in his radio interview.

When was the last time we were loaned a Celtc player, even during the Lennon years?

If old droopy drawers Budge and her club of hate agreed to do business with the Paisley Pandas then I’m sure Lawwell would have no issue dealing with the 1875 originals in the Capital.

And anyway, LG is different class but there’s a 5% chance at best of him coming and I’m frankly not that bothered as we have decent forwards more aligned to the way we play. Still take him and change the entire set up if he’s fit and firing tho ken ?⚽?

Last edited:
It wasn't they, it was Lawell who said it, Scott Allan confirmed it in his radio interview.

When was the last time we were loaned a Celtc player, even during the Lennon years?

Scott Allan? ?‍♂️ 2 seasons ago?

Might turn out like the Riordan. Nothing this window, Leigh doesn’t kick a ball all season, then maybe we see him in January, or next summer. Have a funny feeling Celtic will have one eye on Porto this season too, they’ll want to do business again.

Griffiths is most likely gonna settle for being paid handsomely for 3 years and sitting on his arse imo.

Might turn out like the Riordan. Nothing this window, Leigh doesn’t kick a ball all season, then maybe we see him in January, or next summer. Have a funny feeling Smellies... will have one eye on Porto this season too, they’ll want to do business again.
I am sure they have an eye on RP - hope that when it is his time to go ( not for a while I hope ) he follows John Mc and heads down south both to either of the Glasgow clubs

Griffiths is most likely gonna settle for being paid handsomely for 3 years and sitting on his arse imo.

Exactly. He’s on far too much for him to walk away from, or for Celtic to justify paying him off. Only way he’s leaving is if a club is willing to match or cover the majority of his wages, that won’t be a Scottish club.

Before it becomes gospel it’s worth pointing out that he has 2 years left and not 3.

That’s 2 years left everybody and not about to sign for Hibs.

End of message x

Before it becomes gospel it’s worth pointing out that he has 2 years left and not 3.

That’s 2 years left everybody and not about to sign for Hibs.

End of message x
Who honestly cares? Whether it's 2 years, 3 years 5000 years... The point remains the same, Hibs can't afford to buy out his contract. I hope that Nisbet can develop further in time and we find some other gems in our youth setup (Gullan and Shand) and on the market.

Who honestly cares?

Plenty on here as this is probably the most posted on thread today despite the fact we’re not even Fukn in for him.

Mate, if there is money in any deal, or there is a potential deal for the soapies to gain, they will go for it. Scot Allen interview means jack shite.
Its just utter nonsense.

It came from the smellies not Scott Allan

Plenty on here as this is probably the most posted on thread today despite the fact we’re not even Fukn in for him.
There isn't much news on the signing front is there. It's kind of like someone that can't get over an ex in many ways. Certainly won't be gushing over a Celtic player.

Might turn out like the Riordan. Nothing this window, Leigh doesn’t kick a ball all season, then maybe we see him in January, or next summer. Have a funny feeling Smellies... will have one eye on Porto this season too, they’ll want to do business again.
I saw an article with Porto the other week where he said he was overawed by his fellow Scottish Internationalists and was, all due respect to Hibs, very keen go down south and join them.
Exactly. He’s on far too much for him to walk away from, or for Smellies... to justify paying him off. Only way he’s leaving is if a club is willing to match or cover the majority of his wages, that won’t be a Scottish club.

If its only 2 years I could see celtc doing a deal to pay him off early. Maybe not this early and while I'm sure Hibs would be his ideal club he might still see big bucks elsewhere.

Who knows.

It came from the smellies not Scott Allan
aye, yer right. Celtic and Hibs will never dae business ever again. FFS :lauff:

Its just utter nonsense.

this.

They’ve never done us favours. Not one. Ever.

every deal they have done with us in recent years was for their benefit, not ours. If we benefited it was only because Celtic benefitted first.

Kris Commons?

Obviously because we dared to not accept their pittance offered out the biscuit tin for Super John McGinn that tosser Lawell is in the huff.

Reactions: Boo
Kris Commons?

Obviously because we dared to not accept their pittance offered out the biscuit tin for Super John McGinn that tosser Lawell is in the huff.
They are a disgrace - the offer for JMc was insulting. And the stupid F kers lost - not only the possibility of signing him but there manager as well

aye, yer right. Celtic and Hibs will never dae business ever again. FFS :lauff:

Cannot see it happening anytime soon, as others have said the SJM saga, then you had the LennonKamberi issue, I don’t see them happy to deal with us.

Cannot see it happening anytime soon, as others have said the SJM saga, then you had the LennonKamberi issue, I don’t see them happy to deal with us.

Well let them pay him for fuck all then or are we meant to just give them our best players for next to nothing , shower of tramps

They are a disgrace - the offer for JMc was insulting. And the stupid F kers lost - not only the possibility of signing him but there manager as well
And look SJM performance yesterday against arguably one of the best teams in Europe

Rumours Aberdeen trying to get him. If he ended up there I think that won't go down well. I hope we get him.

Rumours Aberdeen trying to get him. If he ended up there I think that won't go down well. I hope we get him.

No doubt Brown in his ear about going up their mate

Lots of rumours about it happening.
I know a handful of Aberdeen fans and none of them are happy with Brown or the chat of Leigh... Or even Glass for that matter.

I'd take Leigh. But at this point it's also a risk. I'd love to think he would return with the same desire as he had before, but.. Just dunno.

If he is leaving Celtic and he's likely to stay in Scotland, then we have to speak to him..

Lots of rumours about it happening.
I know a handful of Aberdeen fans and none of them are happy with Brown or the chat of Leigh... Or even Glass for that matter.

I'd take Leigh. But at this point it's also a risk. I'd love to think he would return with the same desire as he had before, but.. Just dunno.

If he is leaving Celtic and he's likely to stay in Scotland, then we have to speak to him..

Aye. Is the fire still there. Made his money went off the rails and hasn't kicked a ball in how long. Big risk and if Aberdeen are interested then we need to out pay them which adds more risk.

Aye. Is the fire still there. Made his money went off the rails and hasn't kicked a ball in how long. Big risk and if Aberdeen are interested then we need to out pay them which adds more risk.

The thing here for me is, Brown is around him everyday. If his first duty to Aberdeen is recommending Leigh, there must be something to him still.
In terms of talent, there's no question to be asked.

I think us or them could get something out of him, but im not sure he's mentally at a place where he could keep it up like before.

Much rather see him here than anywhere else though

I think it would simply come down to who was going to pay him the most money.Though that is hardly a revealing statement.😄

This thread has been viewed 22634 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75