• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Funny guys on tv

Alan Carr is about as funny as toothache. I cannot stand the guy.
I actually don't know anybody who thinks he is good entertainment.Never off the telly, must have something on someone.

The Malaprop Sisters 😳

Alan Carr is about as funny as toothache. I cannot stand the guy.
I actually don't know anybody who thinks he is good entertainment.Never off the telly, must have something on someone.
British tv has been pretty gay friendly for a very long time.
Did anybody vote for this?
Wake up people!
Has anybody even questioned if they have nazi sympathies?

Agree about Lee Mack.

Or I did until I saw his 'live show'.

His act was mainly shouting his lines in an unfunny fake Scottish accent.
Absolutely dismal.
I'd say there's a fairly large number of very unfunny comedians that think being loud, interrupting and shouting over people is hilarious.

British tv has been pretty gay friendly for a very long time.
Did anybody vote for this?
Wake up people!
Has anybody even questioned if they have nazi sympathies?

Fair point there.
Not the nazi one, nothing funny about them. Apart from this:

The bit about gay comedians. Sometimes it seems that as long as you are gay (and not in the old fashioned sense) then you must be hilarious.

Alan Carr is a tremendous example. What's funny about being gay?

Fair point there.
Not the nazi one, nothing funny about them. Apart from this:

The bit about gay comedians. Sometimes it seems that as long as you are gay (and not in the old fashioned sense) then you must be hilarious.

Alan Carr is a tremendous example. What's funny about being gay?
Mrs Wishbone feels that I am a bit homophobic because I moan at how many gay folk are on't telly. It's not the fact that they are gay, it's all the drama queen stuff. Too many of these guys overact like mad and are far too flamboyant for some of the work they do. Not all gay guys are camp and there will be loads in the entertainment industry that do a great job. But like you say, being gay is not funny by itself, so you need to be talented and gay just like you need to be talented and straight.

Tom Allen makes me laugh.
John Inman made me cringe.

Mrs Wishbone feels that I am a bit homophobic because I moan at how many gay folk are on't telly. It's not the fact that they are gay, it's all the drama queen stuff. Too many of these guys overact like mad and are far too flamboyant for some of the work they do. Not all gay guys are camp and there will be loads in the entertainment industry that do a great job. But like you say, being gay is not funny by itself, so you need to be talented and gay just like you need to be talented and straight.

Tom Allen makes me laugh.
John Inman made me cringe.
John Inman was gay? Well that's a surprise

John Inman was gay? Well that's a surprise
I was always surprised that a middle aged man could repeatedly say “shut that door” to hysterical laughter from the audience.

oh what a gay day.

I was always surprised that a middle aged man could repeatedly say “shut that door” to hysterical laughter from the audience.

oh what a gay day.
Was that not the hysterically funny Larry Grayson?

Was that not the hysterically funny Larry Grayson?
It was indeed.

oh what a gay day.
He had an oft mentioned friend called 'Slack Alice ':102:

This thread has been viewed 1584 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75