• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Everton

I don't have an English team - despite living five miles away from two of them. I'll attend matches there sometimes as I like a day out at the football. It's just not the same though. When I was a kid I liked Manchester United. That was primarily because of Denis Law, who was and still is my hero, George Best and Sir Matt Busby.

I don't have an English team - despite living five miles away from two of them. I'll attend matches there sometimes as I like a day out at the football. It's just not the same though. When I was a kid I liked Manchester United. That was primarily because of Denis Law, who was and still is my hero, George Best and Sir Matt Busby.
Eh? šŸ˜² For years I've assumed that you're a Forest fan.

Eh? šŸ˜² For years I've assumed that you're a Forest fan.
Nope. I'm a Hibs fan. I'd probably prefer Notts to beat Forest out of the two of them.

Pleased Everton are staying up...a great club with a proud history who should be at the top end of the league, not struggling near the bottom as they have been too often in recent years. My nephew who goes to the Hibs games with me, has taken them as his favourite English team so I am happy for him as well.

Pleased Everton are staying up...a great club with a proud history who should be at the top end of the league, not struggling near the bottom as they have been too often in recent years. My nephew who goes to the Hibs games with me, has taken them as his favourite English team so I am happy for him as well.

Good lad!

Just read some press release about 777, the company/group taking over Everton. They have already loaned/invested Ā£185m apparantly but are prevaricating over a further Ā£15m promised in April that never came. Everton have also called in insolvency and restructuring advisors. The 777 owned Bonanza Airline has gone into administration and have also parted company with their UK PR advisors after falling behind on paying fees.

I never read anything like this before so hope it's a bit of overhyped guesswork from a journo desperate for gossip.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Just read some press release about 777, the company/group taking over Everton. They have already loaned/invested Ā£185m apparantly but are prevaricating over a further Ā£15m promised in April that never came. Everton have also called in insolvency and restructuring advisors. The 777 owned Bonanza Airline has gone into administration and have also parted company with their UK PR advisors after falling behind on paying fees.

I never read anything like this before so hope it's a bit of overhyped guesswork from a journo desperate for gossip.

Do you think they had any suspicions this could happen, if insolvency or administration occurs, it could be more points deduction imposed on them.

The managerial machinations at Hibs nor Everton give me sleepless nights. I first saw the Toffees in 1978 and squeezed in visits to Goodison on numerous ocassions since, between watching the Hibs, home and away.
Like the other day, Hibs/Toffees win is spendid That's all.

BIG G

Just read on BBC Sports News that 777 have now provided a further Ā£16m for day to day running costs and that Everton are using an advisory analysis firm purely for restructuring purposes. The 777 owned airline has gone into voluntary administration and they still appear to owe fees to their ex PR company. So only half truths and some guess work in the article I read.
Fucking journos eh?

The managerial machinations at Hibs nor Everton give me sleepless nights. I first saw the Toffees in 1978 and squeezed in visits to Goodison on numerous ocassions since, between watching the Hibs, home and away.
Like the other day, Hibs/Toffees win is spendid That's all.

BIG G
I passed on the information in the report I had come across because there are quite a few folk that post on here who were showing concern at the problems facing Everton. If the potential collapse of the takeover by 777 is of no interest then that support would appear to be very superficial. I was not attempting to spread doom and gloom, merely passing on the contents from that article. Some of that content has since been challenged and hopefully just speculation. 777 are having a rough ride just now and quite often, when the vultures start circling, the support for the company concerned (from shareholders/financiers/customers etc.) gets very shaky.

I have no dog in this race and don't enjoy seeing football clubs in financial straits, although I have to admit I did enjoy seeing the Scottish club that also plays in blue go down the cludgie (even if only temporarily).

I passed on the information in the report I had come across because there are quite a few folk that post on here who were showing concern at the problems facing Everton. If the potential collapse of the takeover by 777 is of no interest then that support would appear to be very superficial. I was not attempting to spread doom and gloom, merely passing on the contents from that article. Some of that content has since been challenged and hopefully just speculation. 777 are having a rough ride just now and quite often, when the vultures start circling, the support for the company concerned (from shareholders/financiers/customers etc.) gets very shaky.

I have no dog in this race and don't enjoy seeing football clubs in financial straits, although I have to admit I did enjoy seeing the Scottish club that also plays in blue go down the cludgie (even if only temporarily).

Hallelujah!

Another twist in this ongoing saga

777 takeover deal has collapsed apparently

Just read on BBC Sports News that 777 have now provided a further Ā£16m for day to day running costs and that Everton are using an advisory analysis firm purely for restructuring purposes. The 777 owned airline has gone into voluntary administration and they still appear to owe fees to their ex PR company. So only half truths and some guess work in the article I read.

Journos telling porkies - who'd have thought it?

777 takeover deal has collapsed apparently

Maybe not a disaster that.

The Price of Football podcast, with Professor Kieran Maguire from Liverpool University, is often worth a listen in relation to fitba and finances.

His view seems to be that Everton should not get into bed with 777; seemingly lots of Everton fan groups are hopeful that the deal does collapse because the bad news stories around 777 are multiplying.

The Price of Football podcast, with Professor Kieran Maguire from Liverpool University, is often worth a listen in relation to fitba and finances.

His view seems to be that Everton should not get into bed with 777; seemingly lots of Everton fan groups are hopeful that the deal does collapse because the bad news stories around 777 are multiplying.

Yup, that is my opinion.

There's two guys apparently interested in a takeover, as far as I can see 777 are bad news

There's two guys apparently interested in a takeover, as far as I can see 777 are bad news

I think they are.

Nope. I'm a Hibs fan. I'd probably prefer Notts to beat Forest out of the two of them.
Down at my sons for the weekend in Mansfield. Coming back later this year to run the Robin Hood half marathon

Down at my sons for the weekend in Mansfield. Coming back later this year to run the Robin Hood half marathon
Good luck Davy. Run a few of those, and the full marathon, you'll have a great day, believe me. Very well supported event.

This thread has been viewed 36496 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
Ā£100.00
Earned
Ā£28.75