Zitelli

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
One of the most overrated. He scored 10 goals for us....in 51 games but most were crackers!!

Ability was definitely there but we didn’t see it enough but the YouTube videos and memories of Fir Park, Dens and AEK goals are overriding for most.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
To be honest...I expected more from Zitelli than we actually got.

That's maybe being unfair on the guy because he was a talented striker.
In those days I had too high expectations of players coming to Hibs.

He came to a fantastic Hibs team, and he certainly added to it.

I remember being at his debut against St Johnstone at McDairmid Park. Travelled up in the car with my brother. Hibs won 3-0 in one of the most one-sided games I have ever been to. He scored a fine, well taken goal, and the following week he scored the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win over the huns at Easter Road. I just thought he would be better than he was.

He was probably over hyped before he came to Hibs, in the same way De La Cruz was.
Both players were actually very good for Hibs, but the fans were wrongly built up at the time to expect world beaters.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than Shrink This Radge
He was good, not great, but capable of the spectacular.

21st century cult hero for me rather than an all time great. He sits well with the likes of Benji, Zoomer, the Polar Bear and King Dom.
Of the four players you mentioned, I would say Benji, Zemmama and Malonga were very talented players who done well for the club. Their problem in all three cases was attitude. Agree none of them are anywhere near all time Hibs greats.

Conrad Logan was a decent keeper and done very well in the short time he was at Easter Road becoming a club legend in the process. He was instrumental in our Scottish Cup success.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
He was a brilliant striker, but his best days were behind him when he reached us. Glimpses of brilliance, but he probably encapsulated the folly of bringing in ageing stars on big money for little return.

Admin
During my time watching Hibs, strikers as good or better than Zitelli include Alan Gordon, Ally McLeod, Gordon Durie, Stevie Cowan, Steve Archibald, Garry O'Connor, Paul and Keith Wright, Derek Riordan, Kenny Miller, Willie Irvine, Darren Jackson and recently Kevin Nisbet.

Plasticman

Well-Known Radge
During my time watching Hibs, strikers as good or better than Zitelli include Alan Gordon, Ally McLeod, Gordon Durie, Stevie Cowan, Steve Archibald, Garry O'Connor, Paul and Keith Wright, Derek Riordan, Kenny Miller, Willie Irvine, Darren Jackson and recently Kevin Nisbet.

How did I forget about Keef and Daz! Yup in addition to my list, those two too.

Didnt see enough of Paul W due to that He@rts thug Berry to put him on the list, too early to say for me for Kevin NIsbet.

Never saw Alan Gordon and never liked Ally that much.

Zab

Admin
Thoughts ?
Probably one of the best striker's I have seen at Easter Road.

He scored some lovely goals, but I wouldn’t put him down as one of the best strikers. From the time Zitelli signed for Hibs I’d say Mixu, O’Connor, Riordan, Stokes, Fletcher, Griffiths & Cummings were all better strikers.