Yorkshire cricket

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Sturgeon, Ross, Sarwar and Harvie will all nod like one of yon Churchill dugs in the back of a car declaring how awful, shameful and a blight on Scotland it is. However shit themselves about being serious about solutions, for fear of voter reaction in a complex shameful situation for our country.
I think that taken up properly the majority of Scots would welcome and encourage honest, open, constructive, debate on this.

BIG G
I think you're being a little unfair on the politicians mentioned.

I remember being subject to religious bigotry when I was a youngster and when I told my mother about it she said she had suffered the same, that would have been in the 1930s. Its a remnant of our very early history that's been allowed to fester through to the modern day. You make it sound as if it's something modern. The politicians here haven't done enough in 20 years, I'm not sure anything was done about it in the 300 years before that either.

Is it worse now or in the 30s or 70s? To be honest I don't think it is but its still there and needs eradicated.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
I think you're being a little unfair on the politicians mentioned.

I remember being subject to religious bigotry when I was a youngster and when I told my mother about it she said she had suffered the same, that would have been in the 1930s. Its a remnant of our very early history that's been allowed to fester through to the modern day. You make it sound as if it's something modern. The politicians here haven't done enough in 20 years, I'm not sure anything was done about it in the 300 years before that either.

Is it worse now or in the 30s or 70s? To be honest I don't think it is but its still there and needs eradicated.
Eradicating the old firm would go a long way towards it 😜

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Watching the news tday there are quite a few names mentioned who appear to be racist and not prepared to even admit their actions or apologise -assoles 😡
All this will have far - reaching consequencies . Can you imagine Pakistan e. g . Agreeing test series with engerland without fundamental changes being made 🤷‍♂️

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
I bet you this has been rife throughout cricket and it's just about to explode.
I heard them saying earlier that guys of Asian descent had to start their own leagues in Yorkshire because the club's wouldn't let them join. The reporter didn't say when this was but disgusting whatever era it was in.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
I’m not a cricket fan at all.
But I’ve read about ‘sledging’ which I think is basically trying to upset the opposition by any means verbal.
Is that about right?
And would racist abuse be included in that?

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
But I’ve read about ‘sledging’ which I think is basically trying to upset the opposition by any means verbal.
Is that about right?
DefinAtely not.

Anythin else goes. You should have played!

Jack

To be honest it was kinda obvious even at the lower end leagues around Scotland when I played 30 odd years ago.

The club I played for had brown and some black players but there were teams I wouldn't have been able to join or at least made not to feel welcome and not necessarily because I was a shit player.

It works both ways.

And then there were the clubs well known for being less than sporting. I wouldn't want to be associated with them.

I never had to think about shit like that when I played football.

Jack

Is that about right?
Naw. Sledging was class banter and about ability and stuff.

Bowler. You're a fat bastard, how the fuck did you ever become a professional player?

Batsman. Your wife gave me a biscuit every time I shagged her.

Paraphrasing one of the more famous incidents.

Bowler having flung down a few balls which the batsman never got close to ...

If I bowled a fucking piano do your think you could hit that?

Even in your own team ...

Fat Paul (standing at first slip, close in) Bowler asks. Could you stand to the left a bit? I can't see Arthur's Seat?

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge

Bowler. You're a fat bastard, how the fuck did you ever become a professional player?

Fat Paul (standing at first slip, close in) Bowler asks. Could you stand to the left a bit? I can't see Arthur's Seat?
I reckon @Pistol would be clean bowled.
Every time.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge

fuck me.
sledging? that just sounds like pish banter. If thats the best they can do then they should gie it a rest.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here