• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Winter Window 2020

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
As the window gets flung open what's the gossip around Easter Road?

Rather than the wholesale changes many of us were looking for a couple of months ago it seems there's a calmness about the place. I don't think much will happen.

Chris Maxwell I can see going particularly as Bogdan was on the bench during our 2-0 tiny tinie massacre.

Fuck knows what's happening with Josh Vela, I'm still convinced there's a potential hero in there ... hidden very deep down at the moment! However he's not getting on the bench never mind the pitch and he'll be on a top wage. It wouldn't surprise me if he was a former player come February.

I'm more excited by those that will be coming in.

The first bit of news I've heard is possibly the most obvious thing since the last window slammed shut and we all looked at each other with a WTF look when we didn't have a defensive midfielder!

BBC rumours
Hibernian head coach Jack Ross hopes to sign a defensive midfielder during January so he can allow Sweden international Melker Hallberg to return to the box-to-box duties for which he was signed in the summer. (Scottish Sun)

Ideally get rid of Vela,Jackson,James & Maxwell and allow Ross funds to reshape the squad.

I've heard McGeady is an option, as well as JR sounding out McNulty about coming back. Would also take Dylan, so if Sunderland want any of the list above, it could work for both clubs.

Jack already knows we need a defensive midfielder, I would add another left back who can defend, another striker to give real competition for both Flo & Doidge, I would like a winger to give Horgan completion also,

W
Ideally get rid of Vela,Jackson,James & Maxwell and allow Ross funds to reshape the squad.

I've heard McGeady is an option, as well as JR sounding out McNulty about coming back. Would also take Dylan, so if Sunderland want any of the list above, it could work for both clubs.

Would take both McNulty and McGeady but I would prefer Stephane than Dylan.

W

Would take both McNulty and McGeady but I would prefer Stephane than Dylan.
Omeonga? Didn't realise he was an option. Maybe neither would get the best out of Hallberg...

I can see JR wanting to set up a 4-2-3-1. For that to be effective we need a defensive mid a centre half and a striker to provide cover.

I'd imagine Vela still has a bit of kudos down south so I'd hope we use him as a bargaining chip to bring in someone decent for the defensive areas.

Getting a striker will be tough. Griffiths on loan would be the dream but I don't know how likely that is.

Omeonga? Didn't realise he was an option. Maybe neither would get the best out of Hallberg...

Hallberg was always a box to box midfielder

I can see JR wanting to set up a 4-2-3-1. For that to be effective we need a defensive mid a centre half and a striker to provide cover.

I'd imagine Vela still has a bit of kudos down south so I'd hope we use him as a bargaining chip to bring in someone decent for the defensive areas.

Getting a striker will be tough. Griffiths on loan would be the dream but I don't know how likely that is.

If the Smellies bring in another striker then we surely have to get in Leigh on loan.

Not sure if he is, just my preference.

If you can see anything next year does that mean you've got 2020 vision?

I think we’ll get a holding midfielder, and either a striker or a winger (depending on where Ross wants to play Boyle). Don’t expect much more than a couple of arrivals.

One of the goalkeepers will leave, its seems likely that Bogdan will get a new contract and Maxwell will be sent back. Vela will also probably depart, but again that’s about it. Maybe Shaw or Murray (or both) will go out on loan.

I’d like to see us extend the contracts of Marciano, Boyle & Kamberi, as all three are approaching that point where it’ll either be time to sell or risk losing for nothing at the end of next season.

I think youre right about 4-2-3-1 but I think we’re miles away personnel wise from being able to play it.

I think we need a ball winning hard in the tackle midfielder, neither Omeonga nor Dylan are that. A bartley type player.

If you can see anything next year does that mean you've got 2020 vision?
Sumdy hud tae say it, Moaty.

I think we need a ball winning hard in the tackle midfielder, neither Omeonga nor Dylan are that. A bartley type player.
Can we get both/all three please?

Thing I liked most about Dylan was his reading of the game. He didn't need to get close up and personal. He had the sixth sense to be in the right place at the right time with a wee sharp pass to move things on. He had the ability to do more, goal against the sheep superb, but didn't seem to have the oomph or confidence to do it as the norm.

Between that and his regular unavailability I can see why Lennon got frustrated. I had gone from having a cup of strong tea with lots of sugar to angrily rustling my sweetie paper in the East with him!

Last edited:
Like a Lee Cattermole type player?

I’m fairly certain that Maxwell and Vela will be away in January with the potentiality of Jackson & James going too.

Jackson is clearly our 4th choice centre half and I would imagine James will be our 3rd choice RB when Gray is fit, but back up LB. I doubt either of them thought they would be that far down the pecking order and won’t want to sit around bench warming for the rest of the season.

I think we need cover for LB, we are short of two in midfield and in need of a striker. Bogdan is only contracted to us until the end of this month so I imagine an announcement will be made there sometime shortly.

Had a chat with a guy at the PFC v Clyde game yesterday. Hadnt seen him in many years. He's on a Christmas break back home.
He lives in Castle Donington and watches Derby, Nottingham Forest and any game he can catch.
He said he'd heard Derby manager Cocu doesn't rate Shinnie , and Hibs and another SPL club were looking to loan him in January.
Could he be the hatchet man were looking for?

Reactions: Zab
Had a chat with a guy at the PFC v Clyde game yesterday. Hadnt seen him in many years. He's on a Christmas break back home.
He lives in Castle Donington and watches Derby, Nottingham Forest and any game he can catch.
He said he'd heard Derby manager Cocu doesn't rate Shinnie , and Hibs and another SPL club were looking to loan him in January.

I hated Shinnie - a horrible hatchet man. He’s also a leader and a very good footballer player. He’d be perfect for us.

I hated Shinnie - a horrible hatchet man. He’s also a leader and a very good footballer player. He’d be perfect for us.

Agree with all of that.

Shinnie is exactly the sort of player we need to complete our midfield.

Just so long as we don't accidentally sign his brother again...

Agree with all of that.

Shinnie is exactly the sort of player we need to complete our midfield.

Just so long as we don't accidentally sign his brother again...

Graeme Shinnie is exactly the type of player we need, he’d bring real authority to the midfield. I think he’s been injured recently, so don’t know how likely this is.

I thought Andy was decent, nothing more. I don’t think he was a bad player, plus scored a derby goal.

a midfield 3 of shinnie hallberg and Allan would be very good

Graeme Shinnie is exactly the type of player we need, he’d bring real authority to the midfield. I think he’s been injured recently, so don’t know how likely this is.

I thought Andy was decent, nothing more. I don’t think he was a bad player, plus scored a derby goal.
Cant see Shinnie coming to Hibs, more likely to go back to the Sheep.

I liked Andy, he was a very good player technically but easily pushed off the ball.

I was hoping we’d sign him from ICT ?

Reactions: Zab

Cocu did say at the start of the season that Shinnie wasn’t in his plans but he came into the side and was doing well, started a good few games in a row until he picked up an injury that was likely to rule him out for a couple of months. That was about a month ago.

Hate Shinnie, anti football wanker.

Type of player every team needs, bla bla.
Nah, hes not. Hes not an enforcer that we need, he wants to be a footballer, a footballer that falls over as soon as anyone is within 3 feet of him.

Hate Shinnie, anti football wanker.

Type of player every team needs, bla bla.
Nah, hes not. Hes not an enforcer that we need, he wants to be a footballer, a footballer that falls over as soon as anyone is within 3 feet of him.

Nah, he’s a very very good player. We’re far too soft in midfield, crying out for a player whose not afraid to tackle and not afraid to draw a few fouls.

Shinnie be a great signing but can’t see it happening

Seems that Porto has been hinting at Griffith's incoming.... but he's maybe just at the wind up.

Does anyone know when they meet up for the training camp in Spain?

It would be good to have the newcomers there, those that are going gone.

I see Squirrel is in New York so I doubt it's over the next few days.

I think its Sunday?

Flying out early Monday morning according to the EEN.....Flo Kamberi included.
It will be interesting to see who goes to the training camp and who doesn't.

Seems that Porto has been hinting at Griffith's incoming.... but he's maybe just at the wind up.
I just can't see Celtic loaning out Griffiths to another scottish club.

I just can't see Celtic loaning out Griffiths to another scottish club.

If he's likely to help another club take points from the The Huns they might?

If he's likely to help another club take points from the The Huns they might?

Plus, at what other club would Sparky get the love and affection he thrives on?

Please be true......not the wind up part.

Where is he doing this G?

Where is he doing this G?

Telling a pal as opposed to public airing on social media.
May just be a wind up, or a test to see if his pal would spill!

Nae fresh rumours? ?‍♂️

Jamie Gullan recalled back to Hibs from Raith Rovers loan deal.

This thread has been viewed 35910 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back