• Yes

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
I am not shocked, it seemed to be the sensible thing to do. If all other major countries use decentralised apps, which seems to be the plan, ours should work the same. It also takes away some of the data gathering capabilities that the original app has
I’m just being wide,If you look back over the thread you’ll see I predicted this would happen since day 1 ?

Jack

Bounce Radge
I’m just being wide,If you look back over the thread you’ll see I predicted this would happen since day 1 ?
Aye, yur bums on fire!

I'll bet the tory chum of Dominic Cummings still got his £250m though. Someone should really be doing time for this ... and other similar shenanigans.

Jack

Bounce Radge
Moatied this thread. Not very well given its only a few months old!

However it seems Scotland is to launch its own Covid-19 app.

From what I've read so far, including the above, it's to follow the Irish model which is the same(ish) as the German model among others. Both use GAEN (The PathCheck Google Apple Exposure Notification).

MIT Technology Review is quite impressed.

Assuming we go the same way as Der Germans and de Irish I'll more than likely sign up.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Bounce Radge

From what I've read so far, including the above, it's to follow the Irish model which is the same(ish) as the German model among others. Both use GAEN (The PathCheck Google Apple Exposure Notification).

Assuming we go the same way as Der Germans and de Irish I'll more than likely sign up.
I’m now of the opinion that’ll I’ll do this as long as it has hee haw to do with they chumps in London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin

The Irish and German Governments both had to abandon their respective systems due to genuine concerns that their original proposed systems could be open to governmental abuse by storing proximity logs, etc on Government databases. There is quite rightly a concern in Europe of Government surveillance of citizens. To this end both countries had to rethink and have moved away from centralised to decentralised approaches. In June Norway abandoned its tracking app as it was deemed to be in contravention of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, by collecting proximity information of individuals. It used both GPS and Bluetooth.
The Cambridge Analytica scandal of harvesting 80 million individual's information from Facebook and then used for nefarious activity, has only heighted and focused peoples genuine concerns and concentrated minds.
Digital ethics are being taken very seriously by both citizens and Governments alike. It is a real challenge.

BIG G

eckmf

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Ladies and gentlemen of the HibeesBounce ... the Scottish app.

Downloaded and operational, let’s beat this and get back to ER. I’m losing precious time and want to live out the rest of my life doing what I love.

tricky

Bounce Radge
Downloaded it, main phone is provided by my work and all staff instructed to get the app

Rocky

Bounce Radge
Exactly.
Just why.
I'd imagine that people on low wage zero hours contracts who use public transport would think twice before installing it. Can't be easy to put yourself in a situation where an app notification could come in at any time telling you you can't work for two weeks. There really needs to be a better financial support package for people who are told to self isolate.

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
My phone will get binned before I install an app that means they tell me to sit in the house.
Through work i've met thousands of people in the last 6 months.

moathibby

Bounce Radge
The app doesn’t mean you sit in the house.It means if you caught it on say a bus you can get tested and the other s on the bus can be informed.That way we can get on top of this quick er.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
The app doesn’t mean you sit in the house.It means if you caught it on say a bus you can get tested and the other s on the bus can be informed.That way we can get on top of this quick er.

If me staying in the house saves a life then I’m up for it.

It would be helpful to know who I saved though. If the app did that maybe phones wouldn’t get binned.

Jack

Bounce Radge
If me staying in the house saves a life then I’m up for it.

It would be helpful to know who I saved though. If the app did that maybe phones wouldn’t get binned.
I pretty sure the app doesn't give access to photos. You'll be fine.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
I pretty sure the app doesn't give access to photos. You'll be fine.
Not my photo dafty.
But if some fcukin babe is getting saved.... she’s bound to be grateful eh?

I know that may sound a bit er.....

Couple of folk downloading the app now eh. Just in case.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£41.24
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old