• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Who is going to winning the world cup?

hibbyliam

New radge
Reaction score
Was going to place a bet on who will win the world cup but i wasnt sure who to pick :$

Whats everyones verdict?

Don't really care as long as it's not England. :coffee:

Fancy Argentina, worlds best player, havent peaked yet in qualifying unlike 2002 and Maradona factor

Fancy Argentina, worlds best player, havent peaked yet in qualifying unlike 2002 and Maradona factor

Thats pretty much why they wont win it imo.

I fancy the winner to come from a potential Holland vs Spain semi final.

I'm going to put money on argentina, simply because I always have.

Its a really hard one to call though, I haven't seen enough of Brazil to comment though they are always going to be challengers.
France under Monsieur Domenech are rubbish.
I don't think Spain will do 'the double', I don't think portugal will pose any kind of significant challenge either.
Germany and Holland I think will both go far.

I think it will come down to a final 8 of Holland, Brazil, Italy, Germany, England, Spain, Mexico and Argentina.

:detective:

Holland or Argentina. As stated the manager is a huge problem in the Argentina setup.

pain for me

I am thinking Spain will be a force to be reckoned with. I am from England, but can't realistically seeing them go past the Quarter Final stages. The Dutch are always big tournament players like the Germans so either of those 2 could be a threat. Argentina Have the worlds current greatest player in Messi. I can see them winning it as well. As for the A.B.E. Brigade I deffo can't see Scotland winning it so get the massive chip of yer shoulder, sit back and enjoy watching some of the gtreatest talent ever to grace a pitch. BTW It would be nice to see an African team win it

i agree, Maradona was a great player but he is a shit manager, just like Zola and i dont think they will get very far tbh.

The options were Spain (always good contenders) Holland (due a big win with some quality players) and as much as i hate to admit it, England :g:

Im still clueless to who to bet on though :dunno:

I think Spain will win, or Argentina. Could see an African team going far in the same way Korea did in 2002 in Korea.

Don't care too much though, I'll be supporting anyone who plays England.

I am thinking Spain will be a force to be reckoned with. I am from England, but can't realistically seeing them go past the Quarter Final stages. The Dutch are always big tournament players like the Germans so either of those 2 could be a threat. Argentina Have the worlds current greatest player in Messi. I can see them winning it as well. As for the A.B.E. Brigade I deffo can't see Scotland winning it so get the massive chip of yer shoulder, sit back and enjoy watching some of the gtreatest talent ever to grace a pitch. BTW It would be nice to see an African team win it

It's not about Scotland winning it or not, its about sticking it up the English who think their players are the best talent to ever grace a pitch. :Sparkle_Cool:

I have a bet on England just incase cos i think they're pretty strong this time, but i think Spain will do it. I hope they do anaw i'd like to see acountry win it for the first time.

Thats pretty much why they wont win it imo.

I fancy the winner to come from a potential Holland vs Spain semi final.

Thats how i see myself bud, got a skin diver on both of them :-)

Would i be right in thinking no European side has ever won it outside of Europe:hmmm

I think Argentina, Brazil (even though i've not seen much of them, they always have a chance)and we could possibly see Egypt, Ivory Coast do well.

European sides to do well, Holland and Germany, but the semis at best for them i think.

P.s Mick1875

It's not a chip on the shoulder at all:tuttut:

It's the feckin complete over the top non-stop slavering and nauseating commentators who drive you nuts when they refer everything to England.
Watching two South American teams playing and we still get references about England:banger:
Any kind of hint that England are doing well then they go into overdrive.
Fair-doos when watching an England game, but not every feckin match.

I fancy Brazil again, as they have players at all the top teams in Europe, and we can expect them to unleash their usual super unknown..

Then Spain, then Portugal , then France, then Italy, then Germany, then Argentina..........

Would i be right in thinking no European side has ever won it outside of Europe:hmmm

I think Argentina, Brazil (even though i've not seen much of them, they always have a chance)and we could possibly see Egypt, Ivory Coast do well.

Egypt arnt there mate, got knoked out by Algeria, Mind the all the argy bargy they had, fans stabbed busses attacked ect...

I would say Spain but i reckon they will bottle it. I think Germany will shock a few punters again, fancy them for the semis or final. But i reckon its too close to call. My 6 who can realisticly win it are Germany, Brazil, Italy, Netherlands, Spain and England. Argentina would be worth a punt normally but i reckon Maradonna will fuck it all up!

Not just because im here but i rekon if the Aussies get out of thier very tough group they can make the quarters and who knows after that! Also Surprise package will be Chile, they were brilliant in the qualifiers and i fancy them to make the last 8.

Brazil have their goalkeeper and 2 of their back 4 playing for inter, probably the perfect scenario for a national team (never mind the fact that its Maicon, Lucio and Cesar). They aren't going to ship many goals...

This is an interesting tool for trying to get your predictions going...

England are going to get to the Semi's this year I think, where they will face Brazil or the Netherlands, either of whom will put England out.

Its looking like some tasty matchups, I see a Spain-Italy game, Brazil-Netherlands, Argentina-Mexico... England have a bit of a walk through though :sadwalk:

My money is going on a Spain-Brazil final I think, with Brazil winning it.

I'd like to see England win, think they could do it this year.

I was expecting Germany to go far, but after watching several of their key players' form
they will struggle to get to the Semis. Haven't seen Italy in a while mind don't think they have the best of squads this time around.

Brazil could have this one, making it the most boring and uncharacteristic Brazil team to have won it.

Just like Inter, sacrificing entertainment for results when they get the first goal.

My tenners on Brazil.

after glancing through my pannini world cup stiker album:giggle: i quite fancy the look of nigeria,but being realistic probably argentina i like there style.
while were here has anybody got any doublers:rollfloor

If i was a betting man then my money would be on Brazil. Can see some of the northern European sides doing well as it's winter down there. Possibly England but I don't think their squad is as impressive as some seem to think and I'd expect Germany or the Netherlands to go further. Spain are very strong on paper but I'm not convinced due to doubts over the fitness of 3 key players: Torres, Xavi and Iniesta. Argentina have amazing attacking players but is the defence that strong and can Maradona mastermind a World Cup win? Possible perhaps but I wouldn't put money on it. As usual, you can never write the Italians off either.

Southfield et al you are probably right, I can't believe that DM has not picked Cambiasso in his squad, wtf! Thats like England not taking Gerrard, unbelievable!

I think it will be a Brazil v Italy final, with Brazil coming out on top .:hmmm

Brazil v Spain final
Argentina v England 3rd place.

My money is now definitely going on Spain. Although it might get changed to Argentina. Spain have the easiest route.

European sides to do well, Holland and Germany, but the semis at best for them i think.

P.s Mick1875

It's not a chip on the shoulder at all:tuttut:

It's the feckin complete over the top non-stop slavering and nauseating commentators who drive you nuts when they refer everything to England.
Watching two South American teams playing and we still get references about England:banger:

Any kind of hint that England are doing well then they go into overdrive.
Fair-doos when watching an England game, but not every feckin match.

Just to let you know that German commentators refer to Germany throughout the Campaign, Italians do the same, it's only that you can understand the English commentators easier. BTW The comments that England are planning the Parade already as reported in the Scottish sun seem to Have come to a dead end. I wrote to the English F.A. and was told that no parade had been planned and no story given to The scottish Sun or the Journalist in Question. I have wrote to the Scottish Sun and the journalist in question , I have not received a Reply telling me why this non story was run. I was pulled up at work about the cocky English attitude by them organising a victory parade. I have stapled the reply from English F.A. to the board with the sun story and no one seem to want to discuss this, as usual the press will get the Scottish fans on the usual Anti English campaign again without letting the truth get in the way. It's the same shit every qualification, I for one can take all the banter that is thrown at me regarding My national footy team but at least have the decency to come up with examples that I can check out via the net and I will in most cases shoot the journalist down in flames. GGTTH

SAD

Don't really care as long as it's not England. :coffee:

Sad person who probably watches a favourite English team

Just to let you know that German commentators refer to Germany throughout the Campaign, Italians do the same, it's only that you can understand the English commentators easier. BTW The comments that England are planning the Parade already as reported in the Scottish sun seem to Have come to a dead end. I wrote to the English F.A. and was told that no parade had been planned and no story given to The scottish Sun or the Journalist in Question. I have wrote to the Scottish Sun and the journalist in question , I have not received a Reply telling me why this non story was run. I was pulled up at work about the cocky English attitude by them organising a victory parade. I have stapled the reply from English F.A. to the board with the sun story and no one seem to want to discuss this, as usual the press will get the Scottish fans on the usual Anti English campaign again without letting the truth get in the way. It's the same shit every qualification, I for one can take all the banter that is thrown at me regarding My national footy team but at least have the decency to come up with examples that I can check out via the net and I will in most cases shoot the journalist down in flames. GGTTH
Larry-Winget-Shut-Up-Stop-Whining-Get-a-Life.jpg

I think Mexico wil do very well in the WC, Althought they got beat 3-1 by Engerland last night they looked a very handy side and that was not there strongest line up last night.

Just think it will be the Argies though.

Brazil v Spain final
Argentina v England 3rd place.

My money is now definitely going on Spain. Although it might get changed to Argentina. Spain have the easiest route.

Perhaps, assuming they win their group. But it is quite possible that Spain could meet Brazil in the second round.

i have a sky diver on Spain and Holland :victory:

Las Espa~nas for me.

Would love Spain to win it. The Spaniards would go mental. :yas:

I think Paraguay could be a decent outside bet.

But Brazil will win it

But Brazil will win it

Really? Not from what I've seen from them recently mate!

But Brazil will win it

I fancied paraguay a couple months ago as they looked pretty good sure i said on here,

But i had a dream & Germany are going to win it.

I think that an intesting fact is that the world cup ball has been used all season in Bundesliga and when you take Germany your always guaranteed a run for your money too! I reckon Netherlands have a very very strong team too, fancy the Germans though todo it this time! Also maybe try a wee fiver on Podolski golden boot Germany win! These nets are good as you tend to find that too scorer plays for winners, at euros I had Villa and Spain on double other I had was one mentioned earlier, so pretty much watched final knowing I had a winner!

Argentina for me.

Outsider's Uruguay! I seen them hammer the Israelis the other night, impressive!

I think Brazil and Spain will both exit early.

Really? Not from what I've seen from them recently mate!

Yep they seem to have gone off the boil recently but they looked good during the actual qualifying campaign.

I can see Spain taking it.

I think Holland are the best value for money for a bet, think they're 12-1 with some bookies?

I think people are maybe underestimating Italy and Germany. I think at least one of them will make the semis at least.

Not because of big sol, but i do beleive that the ivory coast will win it, great teeam

This thread has been viewed 2564 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50