Where it all began

Jack

Legend
I like these old photies. I like to compare them to what's there now.

What is the tower in the top left? I don't recognise it, its likely to be the only thing remaining today, it still there?

Admin
I like these old photies. I like to compare them to what's there now.

What is the tower in the top left? I don't recognise it, its likely to be the only thing remaining today, it still there?

I think this is St Mary's Street not Blackfriars Street and the tower is the top of St Patricks Church.

Last edited:

Greenmachine

VIP Member
I think this is St Mary's Street not Blackfriars Street and the tower is the top of St Patricks Chhurch.
Correct.

St Mary's Street Halls where the meeting was held by the CYMS and the inspired decision was made to form a football club was just to the right hand side as you go up the street.

Admin
Correct.

St Mary's Street Halls where the meeting was held by the CYMS and the inspired decision was made to form a football club was just to the right hand side as you go up the street.

My claim to fame is when I worked with the Widows in the 90's I project managed the fit out of the St Mary's Street Halls to form the Widows Training centre. Whilst not allowed a commemoration plaque or even some green wallpaper/ paint, the revised decorations were more purple than Widows blue.

My Jambo boss done a smashing wee pen and ink drawing of the turret of the halls, always wish I had pinched it!

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£70.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks