• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What's Happened To The Big HD Screens?

I’m at a loss here.
A few months ago the overwhelming sentiment was ‘where’s the screens they promised’
Now they have been delivered it seems the mood has changed.
Now obviously I’m in the US, so I won’t get to see them, but I can’t for the life of me think why even as novelty value they are not worthwhile.
I guess the nay sayers attitude is the money could have been spent on players. Fair dos, but if that’s the case we’d still be sitting in a 1970 ‘cave’ behind the goals. Not sure how much these things cost, but I’m fairly certain that the extra advertising revenue they will bring in will pay for them over time. Doubt very much it was ‘Messi or the screens’.

ps. As for all the anti USA bollocks on this thread, it’s really not impressive. We all know that us politics is fecked up, but some of the best folk I’ve met in my life are Americans and not at all like some of the depictions on here.
YLT ya feckers.
Atlanta YLT
I agree with all your except the last part. Feck ATL! Georgia cants! Jacksonville NC all the way baby!!

They look smart and I’m looking forward to seeing good content on them, historical and performances now. A gamechanger for the commercial team.

Found my notebook from 2019.

I’ll score the auld fixture A, B, C scoreboard from the list now that we have digital scoreboards.

E5374403-A79E-4A76-AA8E-0F030B53FB76.jpeg

Still working on the half time police dog displays from the 70s. 🐕

Last edited:
They look smart and I’m looking forward to seeing good content on them, historical and performannow. A gamechanger for the commercial team.

I’ll score the auld fixture A, B, C scoreboard from the list now that we have digital scoreboards.

View attachment 6640

Al say tians one for you Power, you are dedicated. 😊

They look smart and I’m looking forward to seeing good content on them, historical and performannow. A gamechanger for the commercial team.

View attachment 6640

Contact the huns for the pen.....
They've the contract......

Advert central 🤣🤣

16319722212715479845127732584700.jpg16319722875637370812848697754123.jpg

20210918_145606.jpg

The bits after the ads were decent!

Love having goal replays

Goal replays were good

probably feel the exact opposite as it all leaves me cold and if anything less likely to attend games
Your going to attend less games because Hibs have more corporate sponsorship?

I think we need to have at least one screen that overlooks the East stand. I want to be looking towards the pitch, not to the side.

Thought they were pretty good, was good showing the game live and the goal replays. Only negative was showing the wrong starting line up (Scott was shown as starting, which he certainly did not) and having Paul McGinn’s squad number wrong when award him man of the match.

Anyone have a video of the screens playing?

I was impressed

Reactions: Zab
Screens looked good.

I still can’t make out a word from the PA system though. To be fair, my hearing is getting worse so is probably a contributing factor but I thought the new system would be clearer.

What do folk reckon about whether those screens would work if Hibs ever did a live beamback of an away match? Not sure I could watch a whole match on them from as far away as the West?

I’m at a loss here.
A few months ago the overwhelming sentiment was ‘where’s the screens they promised’
Now they have been delivered it seems the mood has changed.
Now obviously I’m in the US, so I won’t get to see them, but I can’t for the life of me think why even as novelty value they are not worthwhile.
I guess the nay sayers attitude is the money could have been spent on players. Fair dos, but if that’s the case we’d still be sitting in a 1970 ‘cave’ behind the goals. Not sure how much these things cost, but I’m fairly certain that the extra advertising revenue they will bring in will pay for them over time. Doubt very much it was ‘Messi or the screens’.

ps. As for all the anti USA bollocks on this thread, it’s really not impressive. We all know that us politics is fecked up, but some of the best folk I’ve met in my life are Americans and not at all like some of the depictions on here.
YLT ya feckers.
Atlanta YLT
Bollocks? I was in the US during the Columbine shooting. Live TV showing students being helped out the building by police with weapons you could invade a country with. All the while the latest share prices were being run along the bottom of the screen. How many have died in indiscriminate shootings since then? Having visited 18 US states I agree wholeheartedly there are many extremely nice Americans. Just a shame they have to share a continent with so many idiots 😉
It's a sobering statistic that the good ol US of A has been involved in armed conflict every single decade of its short existence. The total numbers of dead would make pol pot envious.

They were good for replays

Personally I found them distracting showing the live game

Can’t say I paid much attention to them other than the replays. The prematch stuff was good.

What do folk reckon about whether those screens would work if Hibs ever did a live beamback of an away match? Not sure I could watch a whole match on them from as far away as the West?

I don’t think they’re big enough for that, like you I’d struggle to watch from the west for a full 90 mins.

I don’t think they’re big enough for that, like you I’d struggle to watch from the west for a full 90 mins.
You'd need to have folk sitting on the pitch next to one. Doubt Hibs would allow that.

Get another 2 temp ones in front o the east and fill the east. 7k @£5-10? 35-70k. 🤣

Screens would be better above the food kiosks...miss too much of the game waiting. Enjoyed watching the goal replays though

Bollocks? I was in the US during the Columbine shooting. Live TV showing students being helped out the building by police with weapons you could invade a country with. All the while the latest share prices were being run along the bottom of the screen. How many have died in indiscriminate shootings since then? Having visited 18 US states I agree wholeheartedly there are many extremely nice Americans. Just a shame they have to share a continent with so many idiots 😉
It's a sobering statistic that the good ol US of A has been involved in armed conflict every single decade of its short existence. The total numbers of dead would make pol pot envious.
Or the British empire.
Mentalhibby indeed.

Almost as good as Champ Man...

I found them distracting during the game, but I have already been earmarked as a nae sayer. I never thought to look at them for reruns, did that happen?

I found them distracting during the game, but I have already been earmarked as a nae sayer. I never thought to look at them for reruns, did that happen?
Only for the goals I think

Thought the screens were good, remembered about the rerun just as it showed McGinns finish and a good finish it was. They will pull in sponsorship money getting their names up their when they ball goes out of play

Only for the goals I think
Nah there was replays of attempts on goal both team. No replays of free kicks or decisions

Screens looked good.

I still can’t make out a word from the PA system though. To be fair, my hearing is getting worse so is probably a contributing factor but I thought the new system would be clearer.
P.A.was absolutely booming.I must be getting old when I'm complaining about the noise.Couldnae hear myself think.

Your going to attend less games because Hibs have more corporate sponsorship?

aye potentially

usually attend virtually every game home and away each season and am heading up to tannadice on Thursday

Only noticed they had a clock about 76 minutes in.Apart from watching old footage I didn't pay them mutch attention,maybe if we had them in 4 corners I might have noticed more.

They replayed our goals but not the Midden ones. I'm sure they also replayed some shots off target.

They replayed our goals but not the Midden ones. I'm sure they also replayed some shots off target.
They definitely replayed the Boyle one in first half.

Thought they were superb.
A great addition to to the whole match day experience.
Build up to the game with all these famous Hibs goals from the past was fantastic.
It will improve in content as the weeks and months go on.

Last edited:
Thought they were superb.
A great addition to to the whole match day experience.
Build up to the game with all these famous |Hibs goals from the past was fantastic.
It will improve in content as the weeks and months go on.
I'm hoping they change things around week to week, like say Riordans goals one week, and someone else the next etc then themed like derby goals

I'm hoping they change things around week to week, like say Riordans goals one week, and someone else the next etc then themed like derby goals
Will be funny as fuck when we show 0-7 against the Gunts, or SDG goal against the The Huns……..

Will be funny as fuck when we show 0-7 against the Gunts, or SDG goal against the The Huns……..
on repeat

Once the fans get used to the replays it'll be funny seeing the fans in the East celebrating and then dividing in the middle to turn right/left to see the goal again.

As I've said I don't think that works. We need at least one more screen facing the East. It's where the bulk of the home fans sit afterall.

This thread has been viewed 8694 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back