• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What we really need

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
Is a captain

Is a captain
A new centre half, 2 new midfielders and a striker

Another winger if Murphy is gonna spend some time on the sidelines, Wright can't stand in anymore.

A new centre half, 2 new midfielders and a striker
But we really need someone who can lead , motivate , communicate

it really is unbelievable how you can have a squad with no leaders in it

Is a captain
Agreed.

We lack leadership in the team and it has cost us a lot of points this season already.

it really is unbelievable how you can have a squad with no leaders in it
The only reason a visitor would know who our captain is would be if they noticed who had the arm band on

Someone has to get credit for accumulating a decent number of points with this squad.
They’re capable of decent results away from home on the counter but also capable of losing to the worst teams in the league at any time. Soft as fuk, mentally weak and horribly inconsistent.

Reread the cup semi thread and get a chuckle about our name being on the cup

Spot on, we need a real leader. Not a soul in that whole squad that drive us on and let the players know when they are shite. In order to move forward, we need to stop looking backwards. I still feel that giving Gray and McGregor those longterm contracts was criminal. I really couldn’t give a fuck what goes on in the background. You don’t see the likes of Aberdeen or Motherwell pull shit like that.

Is a captain
Nail on the head

Yes we need the others that people mention, and a reserve gk too, but we need a leader, a battler, someone to pick up the ball and tell the ref what's what more than any of those.

But we really need someone who can lead , motivate , communicate

I agree 100%. Paul Hanlon is not a Captain.

I don't think we will see alot of changes in Jan unfortunately, let's be honest we should have been signing better than DW and SM and not players who a prone to injury .Newell is the only bit quality we have in the heart of our team.

I don't think we will see alot of changes in Jan unfortunately, let's be honest we should have been signing better than DW and SM and not players who a prone to injury .Newell is the only bit quality we have in the heart of our team.
As a team we are back to being as soft as S#$%. Back to the boy band days as Lennon labelled it. We've been making some exceptionally poor mistakes on the park in the past few weeks. Don't think the team have mentality to challenge in the top 3 although with a bit of luck maybe the cup. The frustrating thing is I don't think Aberdeen are better but their players are more streetwise and used to playing eyebleeding football which seems to grind out results. I miss seeing a Hibs team that would give the old firm a fright and know what a Derby is all about.

As a team we are back to being as soft as S#$%. Back to the boy band days as Lennon labelled it. We've been making some exceptionally poor mistakes on the park in the past few weeks. Don't think the team have mentality to challenge in the top 3 although with a bit of luck maybe the cup. The frustrating thing is I don't think Aberdeen are better but their players are more streetwise and used to playing eyebleeding football which seems to grind out results. I miss seeing a Hibs team that would give the old firm a fright and know what a Derby is all about.
No chance of finishing a head of Aberdeen imho.

I agree 100%. Paul Hanlon is not a Captain.
I'm no longer sure he's a centre half

We badly lack leadership on the pitch. We also don’t have enough characters - guys who demand more from their team mates, and who the opposition hate playing against.

I said it the other day but we don’t have anyone who gives the referee a hard time. Ross County got away with so many niggly fouls before the referee eventually carded one of them. Someone with a bit of gamesmanship about them would have been in the referees ear right after the first one.

In the first half some clogger was shoving Porto and having a go. Where the fuck were the rest of the lads to steam in and defend one of our young lads? Soft as shite is right!

In the first half some clogger was shoving Porto and having a go. Where the fuck were the rest of the lads to steam in and defend one of our young lads? Soft as shite is right!
Probably that guy Vigeurs. Horrible shitebag. Yet we had nobody to put his gas at a peep. He was allowed to bully his way through the game by a soft ref and softer Hibs players.

Never seen the game but sounds like we weren’t at the races. As said earlier, squads too wee so Ross cannae change it and the players know it. 5 probable starters aw injured, tough game last week that must have took its toll. Players will ken they must do better on Saturday.
NEXT!

I hate that we are so soft. We got bullied tonight, and not for the first time. We need leaders, characters, and a team ethic, and we need it soon.

It's all well and good showing team spirit when you're doing well. It's in the bad times we need guys to step up.

That hasn't happened

Yeah we do.
More urgently though, we need a midfield. Newell has been decent, but we can’t have Hallberg or Drey Wright playing. They’re simply not good enough. Murphy looks like he’s going to spend more time injured than playing. We need some real creativity in that midfield, we create very few clear chances. Especially when teams sit in at Easter Road, we struggle badly.

And I also think we urgently need Martin Boyle to return to the club.

Yeah we do.
More urgently though, we need a midfield. Newell has been decent, but we can’t have Hallberg or Drey Wright playing. They’re simply not good enough. Murphy looks like he’s going to spend more time injured than playing. We need some real creativity in that midfield, we create very few clear chances. Especially when teams sit in at Easter Road, we struggle badly.

And I also think we urgently need Martin Boyle to return to the club.
We're unbelievably soft.
The real worry is ross sees a player in wright and keeps playing him,hallberg the same.be lucky to get 50k for boyle now and you couldnt give "sitter a game" doidge away for free.
We need new faces rapid cause the squads at its limit

There’s two captains on the bench, but they’ve seen next to no game time this season.

We need a leaders in different areas of the pitch, our midfield is weak with the exception of Gogic, out of the midfield I would seriously only keep Newell & Gogic and hopefully Scotty will return soon. The rest aren’t what we need, time after time they have been given their chance and not once delivered. Both Murphy and Magennis evidently look like they are going to be on the treatment table more than on the pitch which we cannot afford either. Boyle believes in his own hype, he has been pish poor for a while now, since before the scum cup game when he made out he wanted a bigger move, Hibs are your level, would happily move him on, Drey Wright hasn’t worked out and I think we should cut our losses and bring in someone else that will improve the squad, Our defence has gone from a solid looking back line to a soft as shite one. Doidgey has been poor for a while also but he is another one who just needs to turn up to be selected, it’s simply not good enough and proves how weak JR & Co are, grow a fucking pair and start dropping the ones who aren’t performing, JR & Co have a big job on their hands to turn this around, especially our home form, as I said elsewhere he needs to find a Plan B and fast.

Wright for Horgan is a downgrade?

Wright for Tam the Kitman is a downgrade.

We need a leaders in different areas of the pitch, our midfield is weak with the exception of Gogic, out of the midfield I would seriously only keep Newell & Gogic and hopefully Scotty will return soon. The rest aren’t what we need, time after time they have been given their chance and not once delivered. Both Murphy and Magennis evidently look like they are going to be on the treatment table more than on the pitch which we cannot afford either. Boyle believes in his own hype, he has been pish poor for a while now, since before the scum cup game when he made out he wanted a bigger move, Hibs are your level, would happily move him on, Drey Wright hasn’t worked out and I think we should cut our losses and bring in someone else that will improve the squad, Our defence has gone from a solid looking back line to a soft as shite one. Doidgey has been poor for a while also but he is another one who just needs to turn up to be selected, it’s simply not good enough and proves how weak JR & Co are, grow a fucking pair and start dropping the ones who aren’t performing, JR & Co have a big job on their hands to turn this around, especially our home form, as I said elsewhere he needs to find a Plan B and fast.
Excellent post.I agree with everything you have said.

There’s two captains on the bench, but they’ve seen next to no game time this season.

In the current climate it's untenable IMO. Both club legends. But it would be best if both now moved on. They've both still got something to offer on the park. Both would be great at a championship club.

I miss Horgan. Inconsistent yes but he was lively.

Worth looking at the home/away league tables - which possibly suggest we will finish 4th or 5th.

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.55.08.png

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.55.35.png

Plenty of simple observations of our strengths and weaknesses - probably the glaring weakness is only scoring 13 goals at home in 10 games. That's Alex Milleresque*

*That's a joke btw, before you all pile on.

I realize I've not upated stats this season - it's on my to do list for tomorrow, I think they'll show progress mind, but will highlight which players are doing it and which aren't.

If the home and away form was swapped, everyone would probably a lot happier. Weird eh?

The problem starts with Hanlon.. You need a leader on the park , someone to get in people's faces when they need it but he won't do that.. He is weak and if players make mistakes then they know that they won't be getting shouted at. Hanlon himself is absolutely gash and since his Scotland call up , he has been murder. far far too many basic errors on his part , however , he knows he is undroppable so he just coasts along making mistakes...

see we need this and we need that..... but yesterday..... thats the equivalent of me forgetting how to type on a keyboard, forgetting how to pick up a pen! They are highly paid professionals, they earn thousands of pounds per week.

Bust a gut FFS! Leave everything on the pitch! Win your battles. Every Bouncer would have busted a fucking nut to get in and about those pervert bastards in the Semi Final of the Scottish Cup.

There is nae excuse for yesterday. They were shite. You dinnae want tae wear the famous greenjersey then bolt.

Oh aye, Hibernian fans just turned over, £20,000 tax free to Ron Gordon for November.... loving all your wee commercial tie ups, but Id like to see you pump some serious cash into our fitba team. The league is horshit. Show us yer balls RG.

edit : and another £21,000 for december

I would like a Hanlon replacement and a Doidge replacement. Make them fight for there places.

I would like a Hanlon replacement and a Doidge replacement. Make them fight for there places.

I wouldn't disagree with that, competition ups your game.

Both have the right character and are leaders, but neither are good enough anymore. The same could be said for Hanlon, and possibly Stevenson.

All legends, but at some point we need to move on in terms of the playing squad. We need to find new characters, new leaders, to keep pushing us forward.

So who would be a potential captain for the club out there for us to target?

Someone who is hard as fuck and a total welt of a man.. None of this nice guy pish we have used to ...

It’s a very good question, but hard to say. But a demanding bastard would be a good start

Someone who is hard as fuck and a total welt of a man.. None of this nice guy pish we have used to ...
Sorry, but at 63 my day is probably gone.

This thread has been viewed 3926 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back