What Hibs means to me.

Cauliflower

New radge
Hi there!
My name is Colin McGovern and I've been following Hibs since 1984. It´s a family thing. My dad was a Hibee, my grandad too and so was his dad.... I was brought up on tales of Baker, beating Hearts, great European nights and elusive attempts to win the Scottish Cup.
I remember, when it appeared Mercer´s takeover was going to succeed, talking with my dad about what we would do without Hibs - it was a bleak prospect!
I've now lived in Madrid for 20 years but regularly come back and never miss a chance to see the cabbage 'n' ribs.
While the Mercer takeover was my lowpoint, the undoubted highlight was 21/5/2016. I´ll never forget running about the pitch like a headless chicken, not knowing what to do but unable to contain myself.
I now take my laddie Scott along. His first match was vs Asteras. When we were 2-0 down I remember thinking: 'Why am I doing this to him?' However it ended well and he went home ecstatic!
Thanks for letting me join.
GGTTH

Admin
Hi there!
My name is Colin McGovern and I've been following Hibs since 1984. It´s a family thing. My dad was a Hibee, my grandad too and so was his dad.... I was brought up on tales of Baker, beating Hearts, great European nights and elusive attempts to win the Scottish Cup.
I remember, when it appeared Mercer´s takeover was going to succeed, talking with my dad about what we would do without Hibs - it was a bleak prospect!
I've now lived in Madrid for 20 years but regularly come back and never miss a chance to see the cabbage 'n' ribs.
While the Mercer takeover was my lowpoint, the undoubted highlight was 21/5/2016. I´ll never forget running about the pitch like a headless chicken, not knowing what to do but unable to contain myself.
I now take my laddie Scott along. His first match was vs Asteras. When we were 2-0 down I remember thinking: 'Why am I doing this to him?' However it ended well and he went home ecstatic!
Thanks for letting me join.
GGTTH

Welcome aboard at last amigo.