SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Perhaps another question is, do you say sausage roll, or roll and/on sausage

Davy

Back in the day when my family would come round for lunch at my mum's the usual patter would be Q-Can I have a roll please? A-sorry there's not enough room.
Reminds me of the now defunct Dalziel bakery in Airdrie which had a horse on it's back with the slogan, a good roll does satisty

Davy

Depends what you are buying a sausage meat concoction surrounded by pastry or a link or lorne/ square sausage on a roll?
Yeh but I always called both a sausage roll now I do tend to say roll and sausage when it is not the pastry variety

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
It's a roll. Always. To be distinguished by an adjective:

Crispy
Seeded
Soft
Well-fired
Etc...

I lived in Leeds for a bit and they seemed to use every single term in the list to describe slight variances in the roll there.

I'll grudgingly accept "bun" for Yankee scran like burgers and hotdogs.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
It's a roll. Always. To be distinguished by an adjective:

Crispy
Seeded
Soft
Well-fired
Etc...

I lived in Leeds for a bit and they seemed to use every single term in the list to describe slight variances in the roll there.

I'll grudgingly accept "bun" for Yankee scran like burgers and hotdogs.
'well-fired' - I like burnt rolls n all :)

Admin
I call it a roll but what it's called here is not mentioned on the thread. In Nottingham it'a a 'cob' and probably always will be.

Yes, forgot about a cob, an ex of mine was from Birmingham, that is what they call a roll down there too.

Stu

Maple Leaf Radge
Yes, forgot about a cob, an ex of mine was from Birmingham, that is what they call a roll down there too.
I took some schoolkids to a pantomime in Mansfield Nottinghamshire once and the cast were taking the pish out of the locals as is customary. Idle Jack traded the family cow for an armful of enchanted chip cobs. The chip cobs turned into a massive chip cob 'stalk' which grew and reached the clouds. True story.

I got two fcuking custard pies in the mush as well.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
I took some schoolkids to a pantomime in Mansfield Nottinghamshire once and the cast were taking the pish out of the locals as is customary. Idle Jack traded the family cow for an armful of enchanted chip cobs. The chip cobs turned into a massive chip cob 'stalk' which grew and reached the clouds. True story.

I got two fcuking custard pies in the mush as well.
Serves you right.
Did you have to return the school kids to their rightful owners?

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here