• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

What Choons Yi Listening To?

48 years ago on this date Paul Kossof left the building.
Such a troubled individual with so much talent
That's a nice bit of footage, PK would be 19 or 20 in it.

P.S. His son Simon is a photographer and looks very like him.

Last edited:

It's always good to hear the original

Good Scottish tune Joe, written by Dougie McLean of “Caledonia” fame.
always reminds me of Sunday afternoon sessions in the Castlebay Bar that tune - love it (the VB's version is the best imo)

studio version here

Last edited:
talking of film soundtracks this ones a belter too (give it time to build up)

if this doesnt get you over your po faced image of Scottish folk music @egb_hibs I'll buy you several pints

Last edited:
Im a punk, ska and metal fan, but Tom Walker has a brilliant voice and outstanding lyrics.

talking of film soundtracks this ones a belter too (give it time to build up)

if this doesnt get you over your po faced image of Scottish folk music @egb_hibs I'll buy you several pints
Good of Ford Kiernan to play the drums

Prety cool Joe Meek sound
possible influence on Joy Division - She's Lost Control?

BIG G

Good of Ford Kiernan to play the drums
Haha, Donnie's a legend in his own right 😎

Haha, Donnie's a legend in his own right 😎
Sorry R it was still all a bit Jimmy Shand for me.

I think it's the instrumentation and tropes. I suspect its very hard to avoid while staying within the genre.

I was reminded of the kind of thing I imagine closes the night in rugby clubs across Scotland, when the South Africans have had a good day at Murrayfield!

Sorry R it was still all a bit Jimmy Shand for me.

I think it's the instrumentation and tropes. I suspect its very hard to avoid while staying within the genre.

I was reminded of the kind of thing I imagine closes the night in rugby clubs across Scotland, when the South Africans have had a good day at Murrayfield!
Ach well there's no hope for you then M 🤣, at home this is salt of the earth, inter generational entertainment it's beautiful to witness and be a part of. Really think your rugby club accusation is off beam but I don't get Coldplay so we're square 😉

Ach well there's no hope for you then M 🤣, at home this is salt of the earth, inter generational entertainment it's beautiful to witness and be a part of. Really think your rugby club accusation is off beam but I don't get Coldplay so we're square 😉
Coldplay?!?!?!??! I think you me confused with someone else!

I'm sure it's grand up there and I'm sure I'd enjoy it in that context. Just not really my cup of tea.

@gun ainm was in a rush earlier but one point I wanted to come back to was your point about an inter generational crowd. Such a good thing often lost in the cities. Nay an essential thing. For that alone your boys are more important than people that appeal more to my own taste. More power to them.

The saxophone, flute, and clarinet player Jimmy Hastings, who was the brother of Pye Hastings of Caravan, died last week
He contributed not only to Caravan's albums but also to many of the other bands from the Canterbury scene, namely Soft Machine, Hatfield and the North and National Health.

The saxophone, flute, and clarinet player Jimmy Hastings, who was the brother of Pye Hastings of Caravan, died last week
He contributed not only to Caravan's albums but also to many of the other bands from the Canterbury scene, namely Soft Machine, Hatfield and the North and National Health.
It was the big Aberdonians death that prompted me to re revisit all my Canterbury Scene recordings the other night mate. The only one that I think that he never played with was my favourite Kevin Ayers but having the excellent Lol Coxhill on sax was possibly the reason. Ach, you have just given me an excuse to put this on as I type.

BIG G

Last edited:
It was the big Aberdonians death that prompted me to re revisit all my Canterbury Scene recordings the other night mate. The only one that I think that he never played with was my favourite Kevin Ayers but having the excellent Lol Coxhill on sax was possibly the reason. Ach, you have just given me an excuse to put this on as I type.

BIG G
That was my first and all time favourite clip of Ayers (with Mike Oldfield playing bass).

That was my first and all time favourite clip of Ayers (with Mike Oldfield playing bass).
Lol Coxhill looked like Ming the Merciless fae auld Flash Gordon films in that jaiket.
By the way that's the famed composer David Bedford, who wrote classical music and was the brother of the conductor Steuart Bedford, on accordian whilst on a fucking crutch, after breaking his leg playing fitba'.
DIverse line up!

BIG G

Last edited:
Lol Coxhill looked like Ming the Merciless fae auld Flash Gordon films in that jaiket.
By the way that's the famed composer David Bedford, who wrote classical music and was the brother of the conductor Steuart Bedford, on accordian whilst on a fucking crutch, after breaking his leg playing fitba'.
DIverse line up!

BIG G
It's amazing how many of these guys were public school and grammar school boys. The background of the Bedford brothers was very interesting and of course Ayers just didnae give a fuck. Different times.

Last edited:
Paul Robeson sings for Scottish miners....

🤔

This thread has been viewed 280201 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back