• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

WHat are you wanting / getting ?

emerald green

Private Member
Reaction score
With Santa about to empty his sacks imminently, what are bouncers getting / wanting for Crimbo?

Me? I am getting .... nothing.
:giggle:
Hopefully i will be able to visit my folks for christmas dinner, and hopefully take my sons to their grandarents on boxing day. After this belter of a year, I will be delighted with this!

You?

With Santa about to empty his sacks imminently, what are bouncers getting / wanting for Crimbo?

Me? I am getting .... nothing.
:giggle:
Hopefully i will be able to visit my folks for christmas dinner, and hopefully take my sons to their grandarents on boxing day. After this belter of a year, I will be delighted with this!

You?

Hoping to get my hands on an Xbox Series X but can't get hold of one for love nor money.

Looking forward to my Christmas scran though.

Books, some wine from Mallorca, cheese, a purple Hibs top and slippers.

Earlier on in the year I fancied a beer machine and did a fair bit of research. I really liked the Blade but the Philips PerfectDraft was the more sensible option for me - it fitted in the kitchen! I don't like the SUB. That's the 3 main ones.

A few weeks ago Mrs Jackie had said we're not buying Christmas presents again this year, doing what we did in previous years, a weekend away. We managed Alicante before the world shut down.

She's been awfy quiet of late when I'd be expected her to be reinforcing no presents rule so I think she's upto something.

Either way I'll be happy.

A bottle of Balvenie and a new pair of trousers for when I walk the dogs

Hoping to get my hands on an Xbox Series X but can't get hold of one for love nor money.

Looking forward to my Christmas scran though.
Aye, been reading about this and the PS 5 - usual create supply issues and increase the demand. All the usual outlets ahve stated they are done until the new year with stocks... but I did read that game may be putting more on the shelfs in bundles. (could be rubbish).

Im looking forward to the scran tae. Normally my folks are up north at my brothers, but this year with the lurgy going about, im on XMas day duty.

Edit: my youngest was fishing for it, but with the known supply problems, I have persuaded him to wait into the new year and use his xmas money for that... of course I had to sweeten the deal with an "early" Xmas present of Fifa 21.

Not expecting anything at all for Christmas and will receive nothing but not really bothered. When I was young all I got was a good thrashing and I was grateful as it was better than nothing at all. My pals all boasted about their new bikes so I had at least a response. Happy days, Bah Humbug.

Aye, been reading about this and the PS 5 - usual create supply issues and increase the demand. All the usual outlets ahve stated they are done until the new year with stocks... but I did read that game may be putting more on the shelfs in bundles. (could be rubbish).

Im looking forward to the scran tae. Normally my folks are up north at my brothers, but this year with the lurgy going about, im on XMas day duty.

Edit: my youngest was fishing for it, but with the known supply problems, I have persuaded him to wait into the new year and use his xmas money for that... of course I had to sweeten the deal with an "early" Xmas present of Fifa 21.

It's been absolutely brutal supply wise plus Scalpers picking up most stock to sell them double the retail price.

Shite that your not getting to see family but hopefully you find a way to enjoy yourself.

Probably books, socks, boxers, sweeties and Glayva.

Pished.

:beer:

Or you could just get drunk

Since my birthday is on Christmas Day I fully expect two sets of presents as usual...otherwise I am going to jump up and doon and scream ma heid off.

Yours, that spoilt wee brat fae doon the road.

Earlier on in the year I fancied a beer machine and did a fair bit of research. I really liked the Blade but the Philips PerfectDraft was the more sensible option for me - it fitted in the kitchen! I don't like the SUB. That's the 3 main ones.

A few weeks ago Mrs Jackie had said we're not buying Christmas presents again this year, doing what we did in previous years, a weekend away. We managed Alicante before the world shut down.

She's been awfy quiet of late when I'd be expected her to be reinforcing no presents rule so I think she's upto something.

I've got a PD as does @EA2007 I believe. Great bit of kit and it really came into its own during lockdown ?

Update.

Seems I'm getting nowt ?

Mrs Jackie said to me last night 'You'd better tell me something I can get you for Christmas because I haven't got you anything yet'

Might just be a ploy :sm113:

I know my missus has bought me a CD. Dave Brubeck Quartet live at Juan les Pins, Paris 1967.
Anything else will be a surprise.

I'm wanting musical theory for dummies.All this year I have been buying musical instruments out of charity shops and trying to record stuff.I can play euphonium, and I can play bass, and my music reading is a bit sketchy,so I want to transpose the tunes I've got in my head down on transcript paper so that I've got a score, but I need to read up on music theory so that I know what key I am in etc.
I know my missus has bought me a CD. Dave Brubeck Quartet live at Juan les Pins, Paris 1967.
Anything else will be a surprise.
Take five, is my telephone notification.

I'm wanting musical theory for dummies.All this year I have been buying musical instruments out of charity shops and trying to record stuff.I can play euphonium, and I can play bass, and my music reading is a bit sketchy,so I want to transpose the tunes I've got in my head down on transcript paper so that I've got a score, but I need to read up on music theory so that I know what key I am in etc.

Oooh. A euph player. You any good @moathibby ?

Oooh. A euph player. You any good @moathibby ?
I was in the Edinburgh Schools Brass band and Orchestra.But I was persuaded to give up to concentrate on getting my Highers.Big mistake.I now play mainly by ear, playing along with ska and jazz records mainly.My reading has become really ropey hence the theory book.

I own a Rickenbacker 3001 bass. I was told by a professional bassist that it's a limited edition. I had no idea when I bought it.
Circa 1975. Its in its case in the wardrobe. Havent played it in nearly 40 years.
Beautiful guitar in its day. Probably overtaken by more modern makes?

I was in the Edinburgh Schools Brass band and Orchestra.But I was persuaded to give up to concentrate on getting my Highers.Big mistake.I now play mainly by ear, playing along with ska and jazz records mainly.My reading has become really ropey hence the theory book.
Get yourself a J Arban book. It’s like the brass player’s bible. Loads of exercises easy and difficult to get yer ombrochure back if you ever fancy getting that euphonium back out.
I don’t play but my laddie was principal euphonium of the National Youth Band of Scotland and West Lothian schools. Currently principal euph at Bathgate band.

I'm looking forward to cooking and eating.
Best thing about it.

Could do it any time, but its an excuse to show off to whoever gets to eat this year.

J Arban?Ok noted.

J Arban?Ok noted.
To tell you the truth.When I moved to Secondary I switched to Tuba, but I saw this battered Euphonium in an Antiques Market at Meadowbank,and I thought 'I've got to get that', and I've been mucking about with it ever since.
Like I say playing along with the trombone parts on ska reggae and jazz tracks,and trying to put the tunes I hear in my head down on an old tape recorder. I've also got a trumpet and a snare drum,and a violin which I haven't learned yet.I would join a group but I don't know the best way of going about it.You used to put a wee advert in a record shop window but I think these days are well gone.

What euph did you get? Might be worth getting it back to tip top condition if it’s a good one. Bryce Ferguson up in Juniper Green would do a job on it

To tell you the truth.When I moved to Secondary I switched to Tuba, but I saw this battered Euphonium in an Antiques Market at Meadowbank,and I thought 'I've got to get that', and I've been mucking about with it ever since.
Like I say playing along with the trombone parts on ska reggae and jazz tracks,and trying to put the tunes I hear in my head down on an old tape recorder. I've also got a trumpet and a snare drum,and a violin which I haven't learned yet.I would join a group but I don't know the best way of going about it.You used to put a wee advert in a record shop window but I think these days are well gone.
Good luck with the violin.
Used to scratch out a few notes on one many years ago.

What euph did you get? Might be worth getting it back to tip top condition if it’s a good one. Bryce Ferguson up in Juniper Green would do a job on it
It's a bit bashed up.I did a thorough cleaning job on it not that long ago.It's a Besson 577486 if that means anything to you?

Mates gettin his missus a pair of slippers and a vibrator. She disnae like the slippers she can go and fuck hersel.

It's a bit bashed up.I did a thorough cleaning job on it not that long ago.It's a Besson 577486 if that means anything to you?
I think that’s probably the serial number. If it’s one made before Besson moved their production to Germany (a round stamp) it’ll be a top quality instrument.

It's very nice and not one of the fakes made in India which don't play.

This thread has been viewed 3635 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back