• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Were in Europe,what does that mean?

Sorry for being a bit thick but, if we don't win the Cup, does that mean we're only really guaranteed the two games, one home and one away?
Sorry off topic, but I stayed in Dresden 50 years ago. Dad was in army, stayed there from aged 2-5. Still remember stuff from my tome there. Would love to go back, visit where i stayed, esp with auld man, but sadly i dont think hes fit enough to go šŸ˜”

I have tried unsuccessfully to follow all the permutations and confident that the Hibs won't let us down. Under the present circumstances even one foreign soiree would be absolutely brilliant. Myself and Shrink have already booked our zimmer frames in for a service.

BIG G

The huns getting papped out simplified the permutations quite a bit, there's now only two options for Hibs in terms of European fitba:

Option 1: Win the Scottish Cup - enter directly at Europa League playoff round. Win that two legged tie and we're in the Europa League Group stage, lose it and we're in the Conference League Group stage.

Option 2: Dinnae win the Scottish Cup - Enter at the second qualifying round for the Conference League and therefore need to win three two legged ties (second, third and playoff rounds) to get into the Conference League group stage. There's no way to get into the Europa League proper through this route that I can see.

In other words if we don't win the Scottish Cup then we have to play 6 matches (and win all three of the ties) to get the same Conference League group stage place we'd be guaranteed by winning the Cup.

Itā€™s all the same to me on a personal level. Whether we are in a league group or just the qualifying rounds, itā€™s a chance to get pished on a bus in some remote land, be stranded in the middle of nowhere and be taken home by the bus drivers wife.

True story.

The way i read it just showed me tye whole new format is designed to help the teams that fail at the champs league level. It is shockingly weighted towards them.
Im sure its only 11 teams from the league placings throughout europe get a europa league slot.
Further enhancing EUFAā€™s obsession towards the larger clubs.
Hibs finish 3rd and have 2 play 3 rounds to get into conference league? Disgraceful

The way i read it just showed me tye whole new format is designed to help the teams that fail at the champs league level. It is shockingly weighted towards them.
Im sure its only 11 teams from the league placings throughout europe get a europa league slot.
Further enhancing EUFAā€™s obsession towards the larger clubs.
Hibs finish 3rd and have 2 play 3 rounds to get into conference league? Disgraceful
Agree, it looks guff and I reckon we'd have spent more time moaning about it if it wasn't for the fact that this year (and this year alone) there's a potentially good chance of getting into Europa league group stage from a one-off playoff match.

I suppose in future years we have to assume that one of the ugly sisters will win the SC more often than not, so the 3rd place team might have a shot at the Europa league group stages for winning two ties. Still feels like crumbs off the plate though. I don't agree with SC winner getting the 'best of the rest' Euro position anyway but I understand that's the way UEFA want it to be so I'm not sure whether SFA/SPFL have much say in it.

On the plus side, an easier path to a group stage of some description should make for more foreign jolly opportunities, even if they are against 'diddy' teams.

Itā€™s all the same to me on a personal level. Whether we are in a league group or just the qualifying rounds, itā€™s a chance to get pished on a bus in some remote land, be stranded in the middle of nowhere and be taken home by the bus drivers wife.

True story.
pics.

I only really saw the back of her head.

:lookaround:

I only really saw the back of her head.

:lookaround:
Not much of a missionary then ?

I have tried unsuccessfully to follow all the permutations and confident that the Hibs won't let us down. Under the present circumstances even one foreign soiree would be absolutely brilliant. Myself and Shrink have already booked our zimmer frames in for a service.

BIG G

I have placed my liver into advanced rehab.

True story.

Yup, I was in the back seat of that wifeys car with you as we waved goodbye after politely saying just drop us off at the big lit up church. They did, then headed up the hill in their car, the same hill as out digs! My only time with a mirkin and living above the cloud line!

I have never been to Europe with Hibs,and unless I win Euromillions I still won't.

I have never been to Europe with Hibs,and unless I win Euromillions I still won't.

Make it a target Moaty, it is brilliant.

Done a couple, but Copenhagen was THE very best boys trip ive ever been on. It was literally out feckin standing. With about maybe 1500 Hibs fans mad on the bevvy in boiling hot sunshine fir 3 days. The March ti the train station fir ttain to game was awesome, the train.... I cannot believe that it stayed on the tracks such was the singing and bouncing.
will never forget that trip with Hibs.. šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š

Anderlecht away was my favorite.
What a trip.
Unbelievable

What a trip.
Unbelievable
That was a belter, as was Copenhagen.

To be fair, I canā€™t think of a bad Hibs euro trip.

Hibs week long trip, taking in 3 games in Trinidad and Tobago in January 2000 was splendid.

GettyImages-rh526-653-5b54f08b46e0fb00370f2c57-1.jpg

The added bonus was that our digs for the week in the Turtle Beach Hotel in Tobago was all inclusive.....paradise indeed.

b25lY21zOmY4MmQzZjdiLWMxY2MtNGI1OS04MWQyLTcyYTQ5ZDNmMGJkYjpkM2JhYzZiNC05NTJmLTQ1YTQtYTg5NS1mNm...png

647764518.JPEG

BIG G

Last edited:
Some well Kent faces in that pic Gordon.
Canā€™t believe I was talked out of going to that trip. Gutted now

What a trip.
Unbelievable
Aye, brilliant trip

Attachments

• IMG_6937.JPG
    IMG_6937.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 24
Aye, brilliant trip

Crikey!

That lad in the middle could easily be mistaken for Old Bastard Face if he wasn't smiling.

Group stage European football not guaranteed for Scottish Cup winner now.

"It's understood Uefa have promoted the Cypriot Cup winners - Anorthosis Famagusta - from the Conference League to Europa League third round qualifiers in the last few days.

That has led to a rebalancing of the access list and the Scottish Cup winners are expected to be the team to drop out of the play-off.

There could be a late reprieve - depending on the outcome of the Champions League and Europa League finals.

If Chelsea win the Champions League and qualify for the Europa League via the Premier League, or Villarreal win the Europa League and qualify via La Liga, the Scottish Cup winners are likely to land a play-off."

Group stage European football not guaranteed for Scottish Cup winner now.
Realistically it's riding on Chelsea then as Villareal are playing Real Madrid in their final game to try and overtake Sociedad and/or Betis for a Europa league place. Think they'll get beat by Man Utd anyway to be honest

UEFA shouldn't be allowed to do this last minute. Different if they announced a change before a ball was kicked this season. Clubs like Hibs are more reliant on the income that a bigger competition brings.

As long as I see some Europeean football at Easter Road i'm not too bothered to be honest.

Financially, it's a bit of a bummer, but not really a surprise. Everything in European football is now geared towards the bigger clubs and the biggest European football nations. Scotland, i'm afraid is not one of those.

As long as I see some Europeean football at Easter Road i'm not too bothered to be honest.

Financially, it's a bit of a bummer, but not really a surprise. Everything in European football is now geared towards the bigger clubs and the biggest European football nations. Scotland, i'm afraid is not one of those.
Ainā€™t that the truth. Football is unequal

So where will we go into the pot?
As a seeded team in the europa league 1 game earlier?
Isn't that where we are with a 3rd place finish anyway?

So where will we go into the pot?
As a seeded team in the europa league 1 game earlier?
Isn't that where we are with a 3rd place finish anyway?

3rd and 4th is Europa Conference. Cup win is the only way into the Europa League.

3rd and 4th is Europa Conference. Cup win is the only way into the Europa League.

Gotcha, but I take it we're having to enter one stage earlier?

Is it only from the playoff that you get to drop into the conference? Or can you lose the qualifier and still get in? Because winning the cup, could be a worse spot overall than the league spot now if that's the case.

It's all so confusing just now, uefa don't even understand clearly.

I think if we have to qualify for the euro conference, we'll be good enough anyway.

Reactions: Zab
Gotcha, but I take it we're having to enter one stage earlier?

Is it only from the playoff that you get to drop into the conference? Or can you lose the qualifier and still get in? Because winning the cup, could be a worse spot overall than the league spot now if that's the case.

It's all so confusing just now, uefa don't even understand clearly.

I think if we have to qualify for the euro conference, we'll be good enough anyway.
Aye, so before all the UEFA access point shifting it was assumed the winner of the Scottish Cup would be in the last qualifying round for the Europe League and even losing that would result in dropping to the group stage of the conference. This can still happen but depends on results elsewhere... essentially we want Chelsea to win the CL but finish 5th in the EPL to create an empty spot to be filled.

What's most likely now is that the Scottish Cup winner will have two qualifying rounds to get into the Europe league group stage so losing the first one would result in dropping down to the final qualifying round of the Europa Conference.

I think.

Aye, so before all the UEFA access point shifting it was assumed the winner of the Scottish Cup would be in the last qualifying round for the Europe League and even losing that would result in dropping to the group stage of the conference. This can still happen but depends on results elsewhere... essentially we want Chelsea to win the CL but finish 5th in the EPL to create an empty spot to be filled.

What's most likely now is that the Scottish Cup winner will have two qualifying rounds to get into the Europe league so losing the first one would result in dropping down to the final qualifying round of the Europa Conference.

I think.

Thats fine then, we're still in it.
As long as we still drop down, I'm fine with the changes.
Guaranteed was a nice touch, but we should be against smaller teams, i fancy us to qualifying for the conference regardless.

Guaranteed was a nice touch, but we should be against smaller teams, i fancy us to qualifying for the conference regardless.
I suppose the difference is that if things hadn't changed at UEFA, and we win the cup, we'd have gone into summer squad building mode with a guarantee of at least Ā£x million to play with due to some form of group stage football. That money can't be baked into the plans if we need to play qualifying rounds.

I suppose the difference is that if things hadn't changed at UEFA, and we win the cup, we'd have gone into summer squad building mode with a guarantee of at least Ā£x million to play with due to some form of group stage football. That money can't be baked into the plans if we need to play qualifying rounds.

Thats fair.
We should be as confident as I am, we should now be expecting to reach the europa league qualifier, if UEFA consider winning the Cypriot league highly enough to be a direct route to that point. We should target that at least.
Losing that game, should still guarantee conference til December.
If we look at it like I do... (could be misplaced confidence) then we should budget for it.

There are a lot more teams playing in Europe now, with the new competition and modified champions league, there's more room to hit one of those group stages now.

Speculate Hibs, shitebag if you dinni

Thats fair.
We should be as confident as I am, we should now be expecting to reach the europa league qualifier, if UEFA consider winning the Cypriot league highly enough to be a direct route to that point. We should target that at least.
Losing that game, should still guarantee conference til December.
If we look at it like I do... (could be misplaced confidence) then we should budget for it.

There are a lot more teams playing in Europe now, with the new competition and modified champions league, there's more room to hit one of those group stages now.

Speculate Hibs, shitebag if you dinni
The issue with speculating in Scottish fitba is generally that if the gamble goes wrong and you have no line of credit available then you're fuckaroo'd for getting through the season. Hopefully having Ron on board has opened up the possibility though.

Not the case. Likely opponents are PSV, the third-placed Czech team and the Turkis Cup winners, apparently.

Not the case. Likely opponents are PSV, the third-placed Czech team and the Turkis Cup winners, apparently.

For the europa qualifier? šŸ¤£
PSV sounds fun.

Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™m getting a headache trawling through all these scenarios. Europa conference,Europa proper ,qualifiers,play offs,3rd place gets us in,winning the Scottish cup mibees aye mibees naw. Now somebody has mentioned the Cypriot league WHAT??? Weā€™ve got Gogic heā€™s a Cypriot will that dae?
Look I just wanna know Are we playing in a European competition or no?
No disrespect fellow bouncers but are people just adding stuff in to keep this thread going who the fuck started it anyway......fucking Moaty I should have known. ....ā€somebody please explain to me in monosyllables ā€œ aye right!
Can we not get somebody on who knows what theyā€™re talking about,somebody whoā€™s good at explaining like Boris ,he likes football.
Answers on a postcard Iā€™m away for a lie down I feel a headache coming on šŸ„µ

Besiktas though they'll be in the champions league , runners up were Antalyaspor , nice city Antalya

Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™m getting a headache trawling through all these scenarios. Europa conference,Europa proper ,qualifiers,play offs,3rd place gets us in,winning the Scottish cup mibees aye mibees naw. Now somebody has mentioned the Cypriot league WHAT??? Weā€™ve got Gogic heā€™s a Cypriot will that dae?
No disrespect fellow bouncers but are people just adding stuff in to keep this thread going who the fuck started it anyway......fucking Moaty I should have known. ....ā€somebody please explain to me in monosyllables ā€œ aye right!
Can we not get somebody on who knows what theyā€™re talking about,somebody whoā€™s good at explaining like Boris ,he likes football.
Answers on a postcard Iā€™m away for a lie down I feel a headache coming on šŸ„µ
The gunts are dugshite!
Happy tae helpšŸ˜

Hibs win the cup + Chelsea win Champions League = **Europa League Playoff round**

Hibs win the cup + Villareal win the Europa League + win their last game (Real Madrid) = **Europa League Playoff round**

Hibs win the cup and the second outcomes don't happen = **Europa League third qualifying round**

Lose the final and it's the **Conference League playoffs** which we have already qualified for.

Simple right?

Hopefully UEFA's attempt to keep Hibs from the Europa League back fires!

There are now so many mind numbing scenarios to contemplate that you have to ask yourself if we really still want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.šŸ˜‰

It's a bit of a body blow though to both Hibs or St Johnstone as the poonds, shilling and pence would have been immense had the original format been maintained.šŸ˜„.

It should become crystal clear in the next few weeks as leagues wind up and the European competitions conclude but best to expect the worse and not build any budgets around UEFA money.šŸ˜”

Itā€™s not clear to me.
Can someone just PM me a picture of your wife or partner in a state of undress.
The rest of this thread is a waste of bandwidth to be honest.

This thread has been viewed 6114 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
Ā£100.00
Earned
Ā£100.75
Back