Were in Europe,what does that mean?

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £60.00

Cabbageman

Well-Known Radge
Group stage European football not guaranteed for Scottish Cup winner now.
Realistically it's riding on Chelsea then as Villareal are playing Real Madrid in their final game to try and overtake Sociedad and/or Betis for a Europa league place. Think they'll get beat by Man Utd anyway to be honest

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
UEFA shouldn't be allowed to do this last minute. Different if they announced a change before a ball was kicked this season. Clubs like Hibs are more reliant on the income that a bigger competition brings.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
As long as I see some Europeean football at Easter Road i'm not too bothered to be honest.

Financially, it's a bit of a bummer, but not really a surprise. Everything in European football is now geared towards the bigger clubs and the biggest European football nations. Scotland, i'm afraid is not one of those.

HibsSM1979

Just A Radge
As long as I see some Europeean football at Easter Road i'm not too bothered to be honest.

Financially, it's a bit of a bummer, but not really a surprise. Everything in European football is now geared towards the bigger clubs and the biggest European football nations. Scotland, i'm afraid is not one of those.
Ain’t that the truth. Football is unequal

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
So where will we go into the pot?
As a seeded team in the europa league 1 game earlier?
Isn't that where we are with a 3rd place finish anyway?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
3rd and 4th is Europa Conference. Cup win is the only way into the Europa League.

Gotcha, but I take it we're having to enter one stage earlier?

Is it only from the playoff that you get to drop into the conference? Or can you lose the qualifier and still get in? Because winning the cup, could be a worse spot overall than the league spot now if that's the case.

It's all so confusing just now, uefa don't even understand clearly.

I think if we have to qualify for the euro conference, we'll be good enough anyway.

Reactions: Zab

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Gotcha, but I take it we're having to enter one stage earlier?

Is it only from the playoff that you get to drop into the conference? Or can you lose the qualifier and still get in? Because winning the cup, could be a worse spot overall than the league spot now if that's the case.

It's all so confusing just now, uefa don't even understand clearly.

I think if we have to qualify for the euro conference, we'll be good enough anyway.
Aye, so before all the UEFA access point shifting it was assumed the winner of the Scottish Cup would be in the last qualifying round for the Europe League and even losing that would result in dropping to the group stage of the conference. This can still happen but depends on results elsewhere... essentially we want Chelsea to win the CL but finish 5th in the EPL to create an empty spot to be filled.

What's most likely now is that the Scottish Cup winner will have two qualifying rounds to get into the Europe league group stage so losing the first one would result in dropping down to the final qualifying round of the Europa Conference.

I think.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Aye, so before all the UEFA access point shifting it was assumed the winner of the Scottish Cup would be in the last qualifying round for the Europe League and even losing that would result in dropping to the group stage of the conference. This can still happen but depends on results elsewhere... essentially we want Chelsea to win the CL but finish 5th in the EPL to create an empty spot to be filled.

What's most likely now is that the Scottish Cup winner will have two qualifying rounds to get into the Europe league so losing the first one would result in dropping down to the final qualifying round of the Europa Conference.

I think.

Thats fine then, we're still in it.
As long as we still drop down, I'm fine with the changes.
Guaranteed was a nice touch, but we should be against smaller teams, i fancy us to qualifying for the conference regardless.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Guaranteed was a nice touch, but we should be against smaller teams, i fancy us to qualifying for the conference regardless.
I suppose the difference is that if things hadn't changed at UEFA, and we win the cup, we'd have gone into summer squad building mode with a guarantee of at least £x million to play with due to some form of group stage football. That money can't be baked into the plans if we need to play qualifying rounds.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I suppose the difference is that if things hadn't changed at UEFA, and we win the cup, we'd have gone into summer squad building mode with a guarantee of at least £x million to play with due to some form of group stage football. That money can't be baked into the plans if we need to play qualifying rounds.

Thats fair.
We should be as confident as I am, we should now be expecting to reach the europa league qualifier, if UEFA consider winning the Cypriot league highly enough to be a direct route to that point. We should target that at least.
Losing that game, should still guarantee conference til December.
If we look at it like I do... (could be misplaced confidence) then we should budget for it.

There are a lot more teams playing in Europe now, with the new competition and modified champions league, there's more room to hit one of those group stages now.

Speculate Hibs, shitebag if you dinni

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Thats fair.
We should be as confident as I am, we should now be expecting to reach the europa league qualifier, if UEFA consider winning the Cypriot league highly enough to be a direct route to that point. We should target that at least.
Losing that game, should still guarantee conference til December.
If we look at it like I do... (could be misplaced confidence) then we should budget for it.

There are a lot more teams playing in Europe now, with the new competition and modified champions league, there's more room to hit one of those group stages now.

Speculate Hibs, shitebag if you dinni
The issue with speculating in Scottish fitba is generally that if the gamble goes wrong and you have no line of credit available then you're fuckaroo'd for getting through the season. Hopefully having Ron on board has opened up the possibility though.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Not the case. Likely opponents are PSV, the third-placed Czech team and the Turkis Cup winners, apparently.

Green juventine

Well-Known Radge
I’m sorry but I’m getting a headache trawling through all these scenarios. Europa conference,Europa proper ,qualifiers,play offs,3rd place gets us in,winning the Scottish cup mibees aye mibees naw. Now somebody has mentioned the Cypriot league WHAT??? We’ve got Gogic he’s a Cypriot will that dae?
Look I just wanna know Are we playing in a European competition or no?
No disrespect fellow bouncers but are people just adding stuff in to keep this thread going who the fuck started it anyway......fucking Moaty I should have known. ....”somebody please explain to me in monosyllables “ aye right!
Can we not get somebody on who knows what they’re talking about,somebody who’s good at explaining like Boris ,he likes football.
Answers on a postcard I’m away for a lie down I feel a headache coming on 🥵

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
I’m sorry but I’m getting a headache trawling through all these scenarios. Europa conference,Europa proper ,qualifiers,play offs,3rd place gets us in,winning the Scottish cup mibees aye mibees naw. Now somebody has mentioned the Cypriot league WHAT??? We’ve got Gogic he’s a Cypriot will that dae?
No disrespect fellow bouncers but are people just adding stuff in to keep this thread going who the fuck started it anyway......fucking Moaty I should have known. ....”somebody please explain to me in monosyllables “ aye right!
Can we not get somebody on who knows what they’re talking about,somebody who’s good at explaining like Boris ,he likes football.
The gunts are dugshite!
Happy tae help😁

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Hibs win the cup + Chelsea win Champions League = **Europa League Playoff round**

Hibs win the cup + Villareal win the Europa League + win their last game (Real Madrid) = **Europa League Playoff round**

Hibs win the cup and the second outcomes don't happen = **Europa League third qualifying round**

Lose the final and it's the **Conference League playoffs** which we have already qualified for.

Simple right?

Hopefully UEFA's attempt to keep Hibs from the Europa League back fires!

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
There are now so many mind numbing scenarios to contemplate that you have to ask yourself if we really still want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.😉

It's a bit of a body blow though to both Hibs or St Johnstone as the poonds, shilling and pence would have been immense had the original format been maintained.😥.

It should become crystal clear in the next few weeks as leagues wind up and the European competitions conclude but best to expect the worse and not build any budgets around UEFA money.😡

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
It’s not clear to me.
Can someone just PM me a picture of your wife or partner in a state of undress.
The rest of this thread is a waste of bandwidth to be honest.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here