• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Vaccine on its own thread.

Ryan's 69.BTW was he in Rotterdam?I bet you he'll be telling us.

I had a lousy appointment for Sunday out at Ingliston.

Went to Ocean Terminal at lunchtime today. There was a queue out the shop (used to be French Connection) and it was moving really slowly. Even with that I was out within an hour. Ingliston cancelled.

When I left there was no queue for registration and only a few folk waiting in the jag queue.

I had a lousy appointment for Sunday out at Ingliston.

Went to Ocean Terminal at lunchtime today. There was a queue out the shop (used to be French Connection) and it was moving really slowly. Even with that I was out within an hour. Ingliston cancelled.

When I left there was no queue for registration and only a few folk waiting in the jag queue.
Got my appointment for Highland Center on the day I’m away on holiday that day so obviously cannae be there. Can you just pitch up at Ocean Terminal and get your booster Jack?

Got my appointment for Highland Center on the day I’m away on holiday that day so obviously cannae be there. Can you just pitch up at Ocean Terminal and get your booster Jack?
I'm assuming you're over 180 days from jag 2?

I just pitched up. I took my original letter so they had all the reference numbers and details they needed.

They're doing the booster and the flu jab if you've not already had it.

It's open 11am till 7pm, last appointment/walk in 6.45pm.

I just pitched up. I took my original letter so they had all the reference numbers and details they needed.

Aye, letter came today. I’ll go doon the morn. Cheers 👍

In and oot in 20 minutes.

My old man got his booster jab appointment but his now adament hes not getting it, hes been ill since getting his first and second Covid jabs, headaches and joint pains etc and a very fit person aswell.

Probaly go to get mine at Ocean Terminal, saves me getting another letter trying to send me fae Leith to Bathgate for a jab.

Might do that now,and if they don't take me, then I can go to Highland Show place.

Might do that now,and if they don't take me, then I can go to Highland Show place.
Lassie said go mid afternoon when it is quieter.

Went to Ocean Terminal with my letters.Absolutely no problem.Easy peasy.

Didnae know he was still alive.Did you interpret that from 'Woof;woof woof woof'?

Billy, I went about 2pm on Tuesday, booster done , 15 minute rest and out in under half an hour. They also took care of cancelling my appointment for the middle of naewhere in late December.

Did anyone go to Ocean Terminal, or any other walk in centre, without any of their previous covid details?

My sister in law has lost all her stuff while renovating her hoose!

Did anyone go to Ocean Terminal, or any other walk in centre, without any of their previous covid details?

My sister in law has lost all her stuff while renovating her hoose!
Not quite, but I left my stuff in the car and went back for it, he processed my missus based on DOB , date of last jab and address, so maybe some I’d would suffice..

Billy, I went about 2pm on Tuesday, booster done , 15 minute rest and out in under half an hour. They also took care of cancelling my appointment for the middle of naewhere in late December.
Same Kev, had a 10 minute wait until it opened but done in 20 minutes, (I only waited 5 minutes after) 😊👍

Just received a text from NHS Scotland saying that I am soon to be due to get my booster jag and asking that I book it online. It also says I will NOT be getting an appointment sent to me.

Bit of a surprise that. I was being told by everybody including the pharmacist where I got my flu jag last week, that I would be getting sent an appointment.

It’s the same booking system so transferring the admin to you makes sense.
I wonder how much sense it would make to someone with no smartphone or II skills though.

Just received a text from NHS Scotland saying that I am soon to be due to get my booster jag and asking that I book it online. It also says I will NOT be getting an appointment sent to me.

Bit of a surprise that. I was being told by everybody including the pharmacist where I got my flu jag last week, that I would be getting sent an appointment.
My partner received her flu jab letter which included a letter stating she would be getting the booster at the same time. Me on the other hand, isn't old enough for the flu jab, but recieved a similar text saying to phone or book the booster online. I'm assuming it's a cost thing.

Managed to book my appointment for the booster jab at Musselburgh on 9th Dec
That's 26 weeks after my second covid jag so it should be OK.
There were very few if any free appointment dates available in the east side of Edinburgh over the next couple of months.

Last edited:
Ocean Terminal has a notice up saying that walk in is only available for first and second jabs. Appointments only for boosters.

Ocean Terminal has a notice up saying that walk in is only available for first and second jabs. Appointments only for boosters.
Expect that’ll change soon given what’s happening. Festive season looking shaky..

Fucksake.
I was going to head over this week

Fucksake.
Phone for an appointment?

Phone for an appointment?
Booked one online.
First available and not somewhere ridiculous was 6th Dec at ingliston

Fucksake.
My wife saw it as a notice in there window. As @southfieldhibby says the way things are going things could change and it's easier to take down a notice than it is to put one up!

Reactions: JFP
Looks like the change to allow 40+ year olds to book a booster for anytime after 3 months from their second dose has now been formally implemented.

Isn't it odd that not so long ago they were saying it was only safe to take the booster jag six months after your second Covid vaccination, now they are saying it's OK after three months.

Isn't it odd that not so long ago they were saying it was only safe to take the booster jag six months after your second Covid vaccination, now they are saying it's OK after three months.
It wasn't about safety, it was about efficacy and the fact that waning of vaccine effectiveness starts to really kick in after five months.

I had a booster appointment for Sunday but I've just pitched up at Ingliston and they're going to do me now. It's pretty quiet

My wife was given an appointment at the pyramids at 7 on a Saturday night. What number do you call to change it?

My wife was given an appointment at the pyramids at 7 on a Saturday night. What number do you call to change it?
I'd suggest she just turns up whenever suits her. It worked for me at Ingliston, they didn't even bat an eyelid when I asked if they'd fit me in. It seems like they're pretty flexible as long as you have an appointment booked at some point.

You can do it online, but if just 'turning up' remember to cancel the appointment so someone else can get it.

You can do it online, but if just 'turning up' remember to cancel the appointment so someone else can get it.
I think your details go intae the system and it cancels automatic. Lassie that took my details said I didnae need tae cancel mine when I asked her.

I'd suggest she just turns up whenever suits her. It worked for me at Ingliston, they didn't even bat an eyelid when I asked if they'd fit me in. It seems like they're pretty flexible as long as you have an appointment booked at some point.
For a booster at Ingliston ?
I have an appointment Monday but would rather go Sunday incase I feel shot for a works meeting Tuesday

For a booster at Ingliston ?
I have an appointment Monday but would rather go Sunday incase I feel shot for a works meeting Tuesday
Yeah. That's similar to me, I had an appointment for Sunday but I'm starting a new job on Monday so didn't want to take a chance on being wiped out. The guy on the door asked if I had an appointment and when I told him I did but it's for Sunday he said just to tell the folk on the desk that I can't make the scheduled appointment. In the end it didn't matter, I just asked at the desk if they could squeeze me in and they did with no hassle at all. Got the Moderna.

Yeah. That's similar to me, I had an appointment for Sunday but I'm starting a new job on Monday so didn't want to take a chance on being wiped out. The guy on the door asked if I had an appointment and when I told him I did but it's for Sunday he said just to tell the folk on the desk that I can't make the scheduled appointment. In the end it didn't matter, I just asked at the desk if they could squeeze me in and they did with no hassle at all. Got the Moderna.
Perfect
I'm going to try this on Sunday and see what happens

Got my booster jag appointment at Musselburgh on Thursday afternoon.
Booked it online, don't think I need to take any ID or anything ?
Hope it's the Pfizer one...a few folk I know have had a bad reaction after the Moderna jag.

Hope it's the Pfizer one...a few folk I know have had a bad reaction after the Moderna jag.
What kind of reaction 👀

What kind of reaction 👀
Hellish headaches and the like...

Reactions: JFP
I was floored by AZ for a couple of days after the first 2 jags. I got a half measure of Moderna as my booster and was totally fine other than when I touched the jag area the next day it was a wee bit tender.

This thread has been viewed 73806 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back