• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Vaccine on its own thread.

Felt shocking since mid day Saturday after getting the AstraZenica jag on Friday. Banging head, sore joints, wanted to sleep, feeling sick all the time. My mates wife has been in bed for 2 days after the same jag.

If this is the effect of the vaccine, would this mean if I catch Covid i would be worse effected than others.

Felt shocking since mid day Saturday after getting the AstraZenica jag on Friday. Banging head, sore joints, wanted to sleep, feeling sick all the time. My mates wife has been in bed for 2 days after the same jag.

If this is the effect of the vaccine, would this mean if I catch Covid i would be worse effected than others.

Don’t worry yourself about that. You’re jabbed, you’re over the worst of the side effects so protect yourself in the meantime and the benefits of your vaccine protection will soon be up and running.

Happy days 🌈

Don’t worry yourself about that. You’re jabbed, you’re over the worst of the side effects so protect yourself in the meantime and the benefits of your vaccine protection will soon be up and running.

Happy days 🌈
On the mental side alone it should give people a boost knowing that you're protected as well as can be.
I cant remember the exact figures, but it's around 88% efficacy after the 1st jag. 97% after shot no 2.
Good odds.

Got done yesterday with no issues. my mate, who is paramedic, had a few of your symptoms and is now ok. Different people have different reactions but there's an awful lot less chance you will catch the virus now.

Friday for me, could be a good excuse for Saturday off

Got done yesterday with no issues. my mate, who is paramedic, had a few of your symptoms and is now ok. Different people have different reactions but there's an awful lot less chance you will catch the virus now.
So you're still a bam?

So you're still a bam?
NAW!!!!!!!

:giggley:

I got the Astrazenica jag.
When I got my jag, it was about 1pm, then went a 9 mile walk the back of 7, when I got home i thought I was dying.
Sweats, shakes and a headache
Went to sleep
Next day was brand new.

Apparently the second jag can floor you though, virtually everyone I know or have spoke to thats had it was out of action for 2 days.

Does it actually reduce your chances of catching it? Others are saying it just reduces the effects of the symptoms 🤷‍♂️

Somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks for the second to come around though

Getting mine on April 1st

BIG G

I got the Astrazenica jag.
When I got my jag, it was about 1pm, then went a 9 mile walk the back of 7, when I got home i thought I was dying.
Sweats, shakes and a headache
Went to sleep
Next day was brand new.

Apparently the second jag can floor you though, virtually everyone I know or have spoke to thats had it was out of action for 2 days.

Does it actually reduce your chances of catching it? Others are saying it just reduces the effects of the symptoms 🤷‍♂️

Somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks for the second to come around though
I believe it just reduces the effects if you catch Covid as your body is already chock-a-block with the anti bodies produced after receiving the vaccine.

Mind you, if I'd gone for a 9 mile walk I'd expect the sweats, shakes, headache and feeling like dying too - vaccine or no! 😱

So am i, craigmillar somewhere

April 1st? Are yi sure?:coffee1:

So am i, craigmillar somewhere

April 1st? Are yi sure?:coffee1:
Hope so 😂

Just back from getting the jab up at the EICC.

Superbly organised up there I have to say.

Feel quite chuffed to be honest. Exactly one year on from the first lockdown being announced and I am getting vaccinated. Absolutely astonishing what has been achieved by these scientists in that time.

Last edited:

according to some doctor on the radio this is a good response. It proves your immune system has recognized the virus and is fighting it. You should now have lots of anti bodies.

Had mine on Saturday evening, had a deep sleep and was tired on Sunday but otherwise all fine.

Set up out at the Gyle was good, very efficient. They called it the Oxford vaccine which was interesting, I thought.

Had mine on Saturday evening, had a deep sleep and was tired on Sunday but otherwise all fine.

Set up out at the Gyle was good, very efficient. They called it the Oxford vaccine which was interesting, I thought.
Means you can join a rowing club.

My mum gets her second injection on Saturday.

Good luck auld ma moaty!

Checked in, done and out less than 5 minutes. Totally painless.

Didn't feel too great on Wednesday the day after my jab.
Quite a bit of stiffness and muscular pain and felt really knackered all day.
Right as rain the next day.

Didn't feel too great on Wednesday the day after my jab.
Quite a bit of stiffness and muscular pain and felt really knackered all day.
Right as rain the next day.

Bonus. (Where is that Shrink emoji?) :giggle:

Which month did your mum get the first injection. Just trying to gauge my mums second as she got her first last week of January

Which month did your mum get the first injection. Just trying to gauge my mums second as she got her first last week of January
My wife got her first Jag 29th Jan and gets 2nd tomorrow

I got my first jag on the 30th of January and I’m getting second on Tuesday , 30th March

kuntzthelotoyefúkkinmilesbehindhereinNL

11th Jan

How's everybody's 5G reception?And is your chip working?

Feeling very rough this morning with no drink last night.

Feeling very rough this morning with no drink last night.
Aye, going cold turkey is a bastard.

Aye, going cold turkey is a bastard.
Fine this morning. Time for a beer or 12.

Havent been following the vaccines closely, but what's the story with the AZ one?
A few countries have stopped giving it to certain age groups.
Canada being the latest one to do so.

Second vaccine done, Pfizer edition. Don’t feel any side affects yet, hopefully all good

Now, open the pubs for all us untainted

Second vaccine done, Pfizer edition. Don’t feel any side affects yet, hopefully all good

Can Aggie stand outside with juice and crisps. *

* Just kidding pal.

Can Aggie stand outside with juice and crisps. *

* Just kidding pal.
LOL, superb :grinning-smiley-045:

You're getting jumped on the way oot, buddy ;)

Is there parking at the EICC ? And anyone know what vaccine they are giving out there ?

Is there parking at the EICC ? And anyone know what vaccine they are giving out there ?
Sorry, not sure about parking, I walked all the way there.
It's the Astrazeneca vaccine they are using.

This thread has been viewed 73427 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back