• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Vaccine on its own thread.

this calculator is doing the rounds, apparently relatively accurate, also indicates England are a couple of months ahead of Scotland re my Priority grouping.

this calculator is doing the rounds, apparently relatively accurate, also indicates England are a couple of months ahead of Scotland re my Priority grouping.

Is 74% the average uptake of vaccine?

Is 74% the average uptake of vaccine?
74% in Scotland 78.5% in England according to that , I thought it would be higher.

That's the one of the ones I looked at a couple of weeks ago. It said then and still says mid April. I'm getting done tomorrow.

That's Germany and France now suspended vaccinating with the Astrazenica vaccine due to potential blood clots in some cases.

You just know this is going to escalate with the UK probably doing the same by the end of the week.

WHO and all experts have said it is safe, but people will panic when they see major European countries suspending it.

Worrying to say the least.

That's Germany and France now suspended vaccinating with the Astrazenica vaccine due to potential blood clots in some cases.

You just know this is going to escalate with the UK probably doing the same by the end of the week.

WHO and all experts have said it is safe, but people will panic when they see major European countries suspending it.

I know more than a few that have had the oxford, sare for 24 hours and a banging sare head but nothing untoward

I know more than a few that have had the oxford, sare for 24 hours and a banging sare head but nothing untoward

Is the Oxford Astra Zeneca? If so I had it and had a bit of a sore arm. a hot flush for an hour not long after getting it and that was it.

74% in Scotland 78.5% in England according to that , I thought it would be higher.
I thought that too. We ever getting out of this with a quarter of the country not vaccinated?

I thought that too. We ever getting out of this with a quarter of the country not vaccinated?
I think those numbers must be based on the initial estimates of vaccine uptake. I'm sure I've heard the 74% figure mentioned in that context but it's been well surpassed in reality. If you look at the percentages complete in the priority groups that have been done so far they're in the high 90%s (and in some cases over 100%).

Is the Oxford Astra Zeneca? If so I had it and had a bit of a sore arm. a hot flush for an hour not long after getting it and that was it.

initial thoughts are that this is nothing to do with the vac itself; rather the age of the folks getting it :
ie the very old and the frail who were in the first round. European countries pausing just now. Experts aound the world, at this time are more than happy with its safety and efficacy.

I would bet my last buck you will be fine gents ✅ (just before any halfwits come on and tell you they told you so and all vaccines are poison, and the world is run by reptiles etc)

Brexit =Vaccine.

That's me had the Oxford Jag.

I think those numbers must be based on the initial estimates of vaccine uptake. I'm sure I've heard the 74% figure mentioned in that context but it's been well surpassed in reality. If you look at the percentages complete in the priority groups that have been done so far they're in the high 90%s (and in some cases over 100%).
Upwards of 90% sounds more like it. Haven't noticed any figures since care home reported high numbers.

Upwards of 90% sounds more like it. Haven't noticed any figures since care home reported high numbers.
Screenshot_20210315-194022_Chrome.jpg

Found this on PHS dashboard.

That's me had the Oxford Jag.
Well done Moaty, it’s important we look after our senior citizens so delighted you have made it this far through the pandemic. Wish you well for a few more years yet and hope there are no serious side effects for you 💚

Well done Moaty, it’s important we look after our senior citizens so delighted you have made it this far through the pandemic. Wish you well for a few more years yet and hope there are no serious side effects for you 💚
I've turned straight.

I've turned straight.
One prick too many perhaps.

It was the Chinese vaccine giver.

I’ve tae go tae a drive through vaccination centre doon at the Queen Margaret University off the A1. Gonni be a bit awkward gettin ma troosers doon in the car.

If folk are worrying about the Astrazenica vaccine because 40 out of 17,000,000 have developed a probably unrelated blood clot then it's best they dont read the leaflet in a packet of paracetamol

I got an appointment for this week. I'm 47 and not in any priority group that I know of.

The EICC was an interesting place never been in there before.

I got the jag last week all day I was fine then at night woke up to a fever ,bad headache and my balance being a bit dodgy a bit like when your starting to get the flu .
This lasted for about a day.

I got the jag last week all day I was fine then at night woke up to a fever ,bad headache and my balance being a bit dodgy a bit like when your starting to get the flu .
This lasted for about a day.
Thats good to know.

I went yesterday teatime. I was fine till about midday today and I've felt like crap, mild flu, but have slept pretty much all afternoon.

Got my blue envelope today.

Up to the EICC next Tuesday afternoon.

Interesting that, outwith the big cities, West Lothian has the lowest vaccination rate in the country and has had a bad few days for cases which now makes it the worst case rate in the country. Case levels more than doubled in a week.

Interesting that, outwith the big cities, West Lothian has the lowest vaccination rate in the country and has had a bad few days for cases which now makes it the worst case rate in the country. Case levels more than doubled in a week.

Its weird isn't it? In saying that my neighbour commutes from Livingston to Edinburgh daily and reckons the traffic going in is back to normal!

Got my blue envelope today.

Up to the EICC next Tuesday afternoon.
Got mine today too , go on Wednesday

Getting mine on Sunday, wasn't sure why since I'm only 25 but apparently a minor health condition I have makes me a bit higher priority. Haven't needed to shield or anything so a bit puzzled but obviously not complaining!

Its weird isn't it? In saying that my neighbour commutes from Livingston to Edinburgh daily and reckons the traffic going in is back to normal!
The cases seem to be centred in Livingston this time and I see they're opening an asymptomatic testing centre there.

The cases seem to be centred in Livingston this time and I see they're opening an asymptomatic testing centre there.

Yes, very specifically Eliburn, Livingston Village and Craigshill. Appears it is two schools in Eliburn and Livingston village.

I had mine (astrazeneca) last fri, muscle aches that night and a banging sore head the next morning but all gone a couple of hours later. Worth it imo! 😁

Has anyone had a sore arm after the astrazeneca jag

Sometimes a jag is sorer than others, mine was quite sore.

I did for about 48 hours.

Mine went well

Attachments

• A4D77329-5400-4CF2-A1E3-C94C981CE548.jpeg
    A4D77329-5400-4CF2-A1E3-C94C981CE548.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 7
Yes for about 4 days! Gone now tho!

I had the jag 2 and a half hours ago can’t stop yawning and arm is very sore, hopefully wake up fresh tomorrow

If it's any consolation I had a sore arm for about 24hours after the first Pfizer jag.
Sore for about an hour after the 2nd Pfizer jag.
My wife had the AstraZeneca one Wednesday past, and her arm is still sore tonight.
No headaches, or other side effects for either of us.

I took two ibuprofen and two paracetamol a couple of hours before my first shot of AstraZenica. On leaving the EICC, I crossed the road and purchased two bottles of white vino from Sainsburys, which were consumed on my return to Leith.
I felt no pain!

BIG G

This thread has been viewed 73442 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back