• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Vaccine on its own thread.

Where are you seeing this?

I’ve got a video clip of Hancock on a zoom call I was part of, basically confirming they think the South African variant immune to the vaccine 50% of the time. Video is too big to load up here

I get my 2nd jab tomorrow.
25 days after the first.

Just took my Mum for her first jag this morning, she is 77.

Old dear <75 jabbed yesterday at EICC
Old Man >75 has to wait on GP contacting him

We’re doing well in comparison to other countries so positive signs for the future.

Mrs Jackie just got a call from the GP surgery. Jabbed tomorrow.

Great news!

Maw (70) jagged the day. Auntie (70) and granny (98) to come within a week.

Reported.

Reported.
Your consistency is truly remarkable! :lauff:

(There's a 'wallpaper paste' joke in there somewhere, too)

2nd vaccine dose at midday.
Only thing to report is, my arm was sore about 30 minutes after being administered.
First one wasn't sore until late evening( given at 11.15am).
Could simply be this one was slightly higher up my arm nearer my shoulder.
But, it's only pain....

Does anyone else have a worry that the vaccine rollout might be putting some elderly / vulnerable people at risk as they get lifts / jump on buses etc to get their jabs? I know my folks offered one of their neighbours a lift to the vaccine centre as they were due at similar times. They've never taken a risk like that through the whole pandemic.

Ldrp hibby gave my mum her first lift to St Triduanas.I'm hoping it's the same again, otherwise I'd rather take a taxi than anything else.

Ldrp hibby gave my mum her first lift to St Triduanas.I'm hoping it's the same again, otherwise I'd rather take a taxi than anything else.
My auntie walked from Granton to EICC. That's quite the hike in your seventies.

Old dear <75 jabbed yesterday at EICC
Old Man >75 has to wait on GP contacting him

We’re doing well in comparison to other countries so positive signs for the future.
Yes and for all the talk of what we aren't doing this is indeed something positive. In contrast EU countries are lagging behind. This is an interesting statement

"We are not an EU member, and with all the solidarity there is in the EU, we are bound to be the last to get the vaccines from the EU. That's the downside of not being an EU member, and the strategic focus of my government remains EU accession."

That was a statement from Serbia*s Prime minister. Serbia like us have had to not rely on the EU and went out and got their own vaccines. As a result they have inoculated 8 people per 100.. UK have done 19.2 per 100 whilst the EU have only reached 3.9 on average (Germany are currently 3.9 and Spain 4.5) Which means of course some countries are most likely below 3 in every 100. This shows that sometimes as independent countries there is the realisation of a need to not wait or rely on everyone else, but to do what is best for your own citizens first.

I read Scotland vaccinated 1.2% of the population (60k plus) in one day this week.
Britain as a whole broke 500k a day barrier so signs are definitely good here compared to most other countries but supplies are supposed to dip shortly which is hopefully just short term.

The total number of people vaccinated will slow as the 2nd jabs are delivered and we’ll need to start again at some point on the booster jabs to protect more against different variants. This’ll be ongoing for years...albeit the flu jab is already.

Yes and for all the talk of what we aren't doing this is indeed something positive. In contrast EU countries are lagging behind. This is an interesting statement

"We are not an EU member, and with all the solidarity there is in the EU, we are bound to be the last to get the vaccines from the EU. That's the downside of not being an EU member, and the strategic focus of my government remains EU accession."

That was a statement from Serbia*s Prime minister. Serbia like us have had to not rely on the EU and went out and got their own vaccines. As a result they have inoculated 8 people per 100.. UK have done 19.2 per 100 whilst the EU have only reached 3.9 on average (Germany are currently 3.9 and Spain 4.5) Which means of course some countries are most likely below 3 in every 100. This shows that sometimes as independent countries there is the realisation of a need to not wait or rely on everyone else, but to do what is best for your own citizens first.
Exactly why we need an independent Scotland

The EU are not deciding who in their area are getting the vaccine. How Germany is vaccinating its population is nothing to do with what portugal are doing to vaccinate theirs.

Some countries around the world are doing better than others. This is down to many many reasons! for example Israel are almost fully done...why?.... because they paid more to the vaccine companies than others did.. etc etc

To make the point that because we are not in the EU its much rosier in the garden in respect of vaccines is a tad disengenious.

A fairly long read but an interesting one about how the UK basically got ahead of the game. Its in English

The EU are not deciding who in their area are getting the vaccine. How Germany is vaccinating its population is nothing to do with what portugal are doing to vaccinate theirs.

Some countries around the world are doing better than others. This is down to many many reasons! for example Israel are almost fully done...why?.... because they paid more to the vaccine companies than others did.. etc etc

To make the point that because we are not in the EU its much rosier in the garden in respect of vaccines is a tad disengenious.
Israel is nearly done because they are leaving the Palestinians to die.

Exactly why we need an independent Scotland

But then most people want independence in Europe so we would be part of the 4 per cent vaccine as eu

Last edited:

And my point was not to say everything is rosy outside the wy. But that countries can do some things better or faster outside the eu as well. Israel are probably the one cou try who really dont give a toss what others do and they do alright. Ably backed by usa of course, but then so were we

But then most people want independence in Europe sky we would be part of the 4 per cent vaccine as eu
Not necessarily. EU countries could have done their own thing but chose not to, although the EU did twist their arms and said they'd get the vaccines cheap due to bulk buying if they all stuck together.

The UK was half in/half out of Europe last year, following all the rules, so if had been a diktat the UK would have been bound to follow the EU.

There's been lots of rules/laws blamed on the EU over the years. In many cases it simply wasn't true.

A fairly long read but an interesting one about how the UK basically got ahead of the game. Its in English

Good reason from someone outside politics

Israel have been successful with their vaccine rollout by leaving half the populace namely the Palestinians without the vaccine.

Israel have been successful with their vaccine rollout by leaving half the populace namely the Palestinians without the vaccine.
That's not the only reason though...

Israel is nearly done because they are leaving the Palestinians to die.
Well, aye theres that tae... but they may not think of palestinians as Israelis, and the point I was making is theyre way ahead of the game because they, ahem. ponied up

That's Ldrp hibby had her second. Still haven't had mine yet.

That's Ldrp hibby had her second. Still haven't had mine yet.
You should contact them as you’ve clearly been missed out. They’ve started doing those in their 50s now and your lot should be finished already.

You should contact them as you’ve clearly been missed out. They’ve started doing those in their 50s now and your lot should be finished already.
I don't think that's quite correct. Obviously the there will be quite a few in their 50s in the current group but it doesn't include everyone. Those with underlying health conditions is a huge group. It includes everyone who has identified with something ages ago, even in a mild form, even if doesn't really affect them now. They get a tick (code) on their medical record and if there's a tick you're invited.

I'm guessing Moaty is in the final batch of this lot, so there's still a bit of time before he should be worried. In my opinion.

This is the latest on this lot from TSG website.

Who is currently being offered the coronavirus vaccine?​

NHS Scotland are following the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) advice and are vaccinating those most at risk first, and those who work closest with them.

Those who have already been invited or are currently being invited to be vaccinated are:
  • residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
  • front line health and social care workers
  • clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
  • everyone aged 65 and over
  • those aged 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
  • unpaid carers aged 16 to 64
People with underlying health conditions and unpaid carers are a large group of people. It will take several weeks to get everyone in these groups vaccinated so please be patient.

Just got mine.
Can confirm the needle is bendy for wherever it was that Ryan was uncovering the conspiracy.

Does coeliac put me at a higher risk of disease and mortality? 🤷‍♂️ news to me.

The EICC was dead, I was in and out inside of 8 minutes and never seen anyone that wasn't staff

Just got mine.
Can confirm the needle is bendy for wherever it was that Ryan was uncovering the conspiracy.

The EICC was dead, I was in and out inside of 8 minutes and never seen anyone that wasn't staff

I was wondering why Edinburgh has had a lower percentage of people vaccinated than elsewhere then realised same true if Glasgow and Aberdeen. I presume its down to a younger average age in cities.

Just got mine.

Coeliac brings a risk of lower spleen function making you eligible for the flu jag which makes you eligible for the covid-19 vaccine

Coeliac brings a risk of lower spleen function making you eligible for the flu jag which makes you eligible for the covid-19 vaccine

Never knew that, cheers.
Never got offered a flu jag though, my work sorts us out there though.

Phoned today tae find out why I’ve had nae letter when a couple of my mates, who have nae underlying health problems that they know of, have actually had their first jag. I’m in phase 7 apparently and they’re doing phase 6 just now. Lassie couldnae tell me why my mates have had the jag.

Phoned today tae find out why I’ve had nae letter when a couple of my mates, who have nae underlying health problems that they know of, have actually had their first jag. I’m in phase 7 apparently and they’re doing phase 6 just now. Lassie couldnae tell me why my mates have had the jag.
I'm the same except I don't know your mates and I didn't phone.

I don't really expect my jag until the first week of next month. If things go well maybe a couple of weeks time at the earliest.

I think I may have said this before but I'm still amazed there's so many people older and not as well as I am supposed to be! We're more than a third through the population fur fs sake. By the time I get it it could be up as high as 50%!!!! Every cloud and all that!

Jack
Age 63¾

NS said today that scheduling for 50+ is about to start. Group 6 (underlying conditions) was massive and I think it's nearly coming to an end so I expect Group 7 (60-64) will get finished in the next week or two.

Available doses are supposed to jump massively next week so I reckon each 5 year age group will only take a week to ten days after that.

I'm the same except I don't know your mates and I didn't phone.

I don't really expect my jag until the first week of next month. If things go well maybe a couple of weeks time at the earliest.

I think I may have said this before but I'm still amazed there's so many people older and not as well as I am supposed to be! We're more than a third through the population fur fs sake. By the time I get it it could be up as high as 50%!!!! Every cloud and all that!

Jack
Age 63¾
Wisnae expecting mines until next month either Jack, just wi my mates getting it I thought I’d enquire. There’s a site you can make an appointment for your jag but it didnae recognise my details, NHS number, D.O.B. and postcode. No sure if it’s just a shite site or there’s nae record of me being born☹️

Wisnae expecting mines until next month either Jack, just wi my mates getting it I thought I’d enquire. There’s a site you can make an appointment for your jag but it didnae recognise my details, NHS number, D.O.B. and postcode. No sure if it’s just a shite site or there’s nae record of me being born☹️
A few of us were wondering like!

Seriously. If you're not due to be vaccinated then maybe your details haven't been loaded into the database. Just a thought.

A few of us were wondering like!

Seriously. If you're not due to be vaccinated then maybe your details haven't been loaded into the database. Just a thought.
Probs that’s what it is.

I'm supposed to be in group 6 as an unpaid carer,and I've been cycling back to my flat every day to see if the letter's there.Zero zilch ,nada, all that is happening is that I'm cycling myself fitter.

This thread has been viewed 73449 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back