Vaccine on its own thread.

southfieldhibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I’ve got a video clip of Hancock on a zoom call I was part of, basically confirming they think the South African variant immune to the vaccine 50% of the time. Video is too big to load up here

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Does anyone else have a worry that the vaccine rollout might be putting some elderly / vulnerable people at risk as they get lifts / jump on buses etc to get their jabs? I know my folks offered one of their neighbours a lift to the vaccine centre as they were due at similar times. They've never taken a risk like that through the whole pandemic.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Ldrp hibby gave my mum her first lift to St Triduanas.I'm hoping it's the same again, otherwise I'd rather take a taxi than anything else.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Old dear <75 jabbed yesterday at EICC
Old Man >75 has to wait on GP contacting him

We’re doing well in comparison to other countries so positive signs for the future.
Yes and for all the talk of what we aren't doing this is indeed something positive. In contrast EU countries are lagging behind. This is an interesting statement

"We are not an EU member, and with all the solidarity there is in the EU, we are bound to be the last to get the vaccines from the EU. That's the downside of not being an EU member, and the strategic focus of my government remains EU accession."

That was a statement from Serbia*s Prime minister. Serbia like us have had to not rely on the EU and went out and got their own vaccines. As a result they have inoculated 8 people per 100.. UK have done 19.2 per 100 whilst the EU have only reached 3.9 on average (Germany are currently 3.9 and Spain 4.5) Which means of course some countries are most likely below 3 in every 100. This shows that sometimes as independent countries there is the realisation of a need to not wait or rely on everyone else, but to do what is best for your own citizens first.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I read Scotland vaccinated 1.2% of the population (60k plus) in one day this week.
Britain as a whole broke 500k a day barrier so signs are definitely good here compared to most other countries but supplies are supposed to dip shortly which is hopefully just short term.

The total number of people vaccinated will slow as the 2nd jabs are delivered and we’ll need to start again at some point on the booster jabs to protect more against different variants. This’ll be ongoing for years...albeit the flu jab is already.

Hattie

Donator
Yes and for all the talk of what we aren't doing this is indeed something positive. In contrast EU countries are lagging behind. This is an interesting statement

"We are not an EU member, and with all the solidarity there is in the EU, we are bound to be the last to get the vaccines from the EU. That's the downside of not being an EU member, and the strategic focus of my government remains EU accession."

That was a statement from Serbia*s Prime minister. Serbia like us have had to not rely on the EU and went out and got their own vaccines. As a result they have inoculated 8 people per 100.. UK have done 19.2 per 100 whilst the EU have only reached 3.9 on average (Germany are currently 3.9 and Spain 4.5) Which means of course some countries are most likely below 3 in every 100. This shows that sometimes as independent countries there is the realisation of a need to not wait or rely on everyone else, but to do what is best for your own citizens first.
Exactly why we need an independent Scotland

emerald green

Well-Known Radge

The EU are not deciding who in their area are getting the vaccine. How Germany is vaccinating its population is nothing to do with what portugal are doing to vaccinate theirs.

Some countries around the world are doing better than others. This is down to many many reasons! for example Israel are almost fully done...why?.... because they paid more to the vaccine companies than others did.. etc etc

To make the point that because we are not in the EU its much rosier in the garden in respect of vaccines is a tad disengenious.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
The EU are not deciding who in their area are getting the vaccine. How Germany is vaccinating its population is nothing to do with what portugal are doing to vaccinate theirs.

Some countries around the world are doing better than others. This is down to many many reasons! for example Israel are almost fully done...why?.... because they paid more to the vaccine companies than others did.. etc etc

To make the point that because we are not in the EU its much rosier in the garden in respect of vaccines is a tad disengenious.
Israel is nearly done because they are leaving the Palestinians to die.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00