Vaccine on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I looked at 60-69, not sure if it’s for any other age group bud.
Aye, I think the initial priority groups had to wait for a letter but when they extended it to 50-59 they allowed folk to book online (although they wouldn't be able to book an appointment for earlier than their 6 months was up). I assume anyone who doesn't book online would get a letter eventually.
GM wont get an appt till his 6 months gap has passed
Yep, although I saw somewhere that they were treating 6 months as 24 weeks so might be able to do a wee bit earlier than 6 calendar months. I'm in the 40-49 group and will be trying to elbow in asap once it's opened up - I got AZ initially so the Pfizer booster looks like it makes a huge difference.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I got my blue envelope today 3 days before the 180 was up.

Ingliston in a couple weeks on a Saturday morning. I tried to change the appointment online but nothing till late December. I'm going to try a walk in somewhere. Anyone tried Ocean Terminal? I've heard a unit is open there but not for much longer.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I got my blue envelope today 3 days before the 180 was up.

Ingliston in a couple weeks on a Saturday morning. I tried to change the appointment online but nothing till late December. I'm going to try a walk in somewhere. Anyone tried Ocean Terminal? I've heard a unit is open there but not for much longer.
As long as you've got the invite letter for booster you can pitch up at a drop-in without an appointment.

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
As long as you've got the invite letter for booster you can pitch up at a drop-in without an appointment.

As long as you drop in 6 months after your second jag . Doubt if they would do it before 6 month interval . You could get your lettter one or two weeks before your date , which will be 6 months gap 🤷‍♂️

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Good to know.
If it's Ingliston for me then I will just go there.
I'll try to get the flu jab before then though.

Hour and a half wait at Ingliston apparently, few at my work been there over the last 3 weeks.

There's a walk in, in ocean terminal now, that'll be where I aim for.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Hour and a half wait at Ingliston apparently, few at my work been there over the last 3 weeks.

There's a walk in, in ocean terminal now, that'll be where I aim for.
I was at Ingliston at about half six last night with my daughter and it was practically deserted. They had one lane for Covid jags and four or five for flu jags, only a handful of people waiting.

Greenmachine

Got an appointment for the flu jab next week at a local chemist.
Spoke to a guy down at the gym tonight who said he got this Covid booster jab at Ocean Terminal. The appointment was for Ingliston, but he just turned up at Ocean Terminal at the vaccine drop-in area and they gave him the jab there.

Jack

In the back of my mind somewhere I think I've heard that you shouldn't have the covid jag within 2 weeks of the flu jag, or vice versa. However I know they're doing both jags at the same time at certain venues.

Which one of my 2 minds is correct?

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
In the back of my mind somewhere I think I've heard that you shouldn't have the covid jag within 2 weeks of the flu jag, or vice versa. However I know they're doing both jags at the same time at certain venues.

Both are being done Jack, booster and ‘flu at one appointment. One in each arm!

Rocky

Well-Known Radge

I saw someone the other day say that you had to either get them at the same time or leave a 2/3 week gap between them. Unfortunately he couldn't explain what the reason for that was and I don't remember where I saw it.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
We have roughly the same daily cases as russia but around a fifth of the deaths, which is likely due to the vaccines

As I am 68 with underlying health conditions and 6 months and 2 week since my second jab and have received zilch correspondence regarding the Booster.
I phoned this morning upon which I was told that there was an appointment for me some weeks back but a mix up regarding informing me by letter. This is not the first case she sheepishly informed me.
Appointment now for 29th November. Have they now put me no matter how inadvertantly at a higher risk of contracting Covid. On a rammed bus to Hampden and in a rammed Club in two days time??

BIG G

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
As I am 68 with underlying health conditions and 6 months and 2 week since my second jab and have received zilch correspondence regarding the Booster.
I phoned this morning upon which I was told that there was an appointment for me some weeks back but a mix up regarding informing me by letter. This is not the first case she sheepishly informed me.
Appointment now for 29th November. Have they now put me no matter how inadvertantly at a higher risk of contracting Covid. On a rammed bus to Hampden and in a rammed Club in two days time??

BIG G
Alcohol kills it, so I've been told.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge

BIG G
Cannae believe yer only 68

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here