Vaccine on its own thread.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
My mother-in-law took a *suspected* severe reaction to the Pfizer jab and is currently in the Astley-Ainslie paralysed with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS). Pretty grim.

When she was initially admitted to the ERI we were informed they had seen a number of cases of GBS this year already when normally they would be lucky to see one, as it is such a rare condition.
I had an 'undiagnosed illness' when I was a young kid. Started off in my big toe then spread up throughout my body. I was basically paralysed from the neck down ,the Sick kids had to put a cage over me stop the blankets going down on me. Every day I was tested for my reflexes, I had a muscle biopsy and other tests. I was even put in front of a panel of experts who had a good look at me. Anyway all of a sudden I pulled through. Anyway I was reading this novel by Armistead Maupin and one of his characters got it ,and he described it, and I thought 'shit! that's what I had' it's got a connection to swine flu fever. Anyway enough about me. I hope your mother in law pulls through.

whiskas

Just A Radge
Had my 1st jab on Tuesday, felt rough as toast (tired, achey, headache) from about Tuesday evening and all-day yesterday. Feeling a bit more normal today (just feels like a slight hangover). This is with the AZ and being on the boundary for getting that vs the other ones (40 yrs old)

Hectorhib

Just A Radge
Get my second next Wednesday.My sister says that GBS cases has been about 6 in 1 million, so not too worried.
Same day for my second Pfizer: Wed 2nd June. My left arm hasn't been right since the first jab.Can feel it sore at certain times, like putting it into sleeve, or raising it above my head

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge
Get my second next Wednesday.My sister says that GBS cases has been about 6 in 1 million, so not too worried.
It’s an incredibly rare disorder but more cases been seen this year. I’ll likely be getting the vaccine when I get back from Nigeria but do have reservations now, given what has happened.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
It’s an incredibly rare disorder but more cases been seen this year. I’ll likely be getting the vaccine when I get back from Nigeria but do have reservations now, given what has happened.
Although it seems more people than usual are suffering side effects from these jags, dont panic too much.
If you take a look at any info sheet given in any box of pills it gives the percentages of side effects possible with any particular drug. Even something as basic as paracetamol has side effects for some folk.
These drugs have been developed in double quick time and there will be people who have certain reactions to them which may not have shown up on trials due to the time constraints.
It gets scary only if you actually know someone who has had a severe reaction.

Last edited:

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
Same day for my second Pfizer: Wed 2nd June. My left arm hasn't been right since the first jab.Can feel it sore at certain times, like putting it into sleeve, or raising it above my head

Well, unless you're signing for Hibs and have to do the traditional scarf picture, dinnae raise your arms above your head.
:coffee1:

Although it seems more people than usual are suffering side effects from these jags, dont panic too much.
If you take a look at any info sheet given in any box of pills it gives the percentages of side effects possible with any particular drug. Even something as basic as paracetamol has side effects for some folk.
These drugs have been developed in double quick time and there will be people who have certain reactions to them which may not have shown up on trials due to the time constraints.
It gets scary only if you actually know someone who has had a severe reaction.
Zero side effects 1st Jab, zero side effect second Jab. I suspect my brain/immune system have been in cohoots to ensure that I receive the maximum reaction for when I buy my first round in a year and a half, tomorrow.

BIG G

moathibby

Legendary Radge
That's me had the second. Nothing to report apart from stiff between the shoulder blades. Mind you it's only been half an hour.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here