Vaccine on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

FifeHibs

New radge
Felt shocking since mid day Saturday after getting the AstraZenica jag on Friday. Banging head, sore joints, wanted to sleep, feeling sick all the time. My mates wife has been in bed for 2 days after the same jag.

If this is the effect of the vaccine, would this mean if I catch Covid i would be worse effected than others.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Felt shocking since mid day Saturday after getting the AstraZenica jag on Friday. Banging head, sore joints, wanted to sleep, feeling sick all the time. My mates wife has been in bed for 2 days after the same jag.

If this is the effect of the vaccine, would this mean if I catch Covid i would be worse effected than others.

Don’t worry yourself about that. You’re jabbed, you’re over the worst of the side effects so protect yourself in the meantime and the benefits of your vaccine protection will soon be up and running.

Happy days 🌈

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Don’t worry yourself about that. You’re jabbed, you’re over the worst of the side effects so protect yourself in the meantime and the benefits of your vaccine protection will soon be up and running.

Happy days 🌈
On the mental side alone it should give people a boost knowing that you're protected as well as can be.
I cant remember the exact figures, but it's around 88% efficacy after the 1st jag. 97% after shot no 2.
Good odds.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge

Got done yesterday with no issues. my mate, who is paramedic, had a few of your symptoms and is now ok. Different people have different reactions but there's an awful lot less chance you will catch the virus now.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I got the Astrazenica jag.
When I got my jag, it was about 1pm, then went a 9 mile walk the back of 7, when I got home i thought I was dying.
Sweats, shakes and a headache
Went to sleep
Next day was brand new.

Apparently the second jag can floor you though, virtually everyone I know or have spoke to thats had it was out of action for 2 days.

Does it actually reduce your chances of catching it? Others are saying it just reduces the effects of the symptoms 🤷‍♂️

Somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks for the second to come around though

brianmc

Well-Known Radge
I got the Astrazenica jag.
When I got my jag, it was about 1pm, then went a 9 mile walk the back of 7, when I got home i thought I was dying.
Sweats, shakes and a headache
Went to sleep
Next day was brand new.

Apparently the second jag can floor you though, virtually everyone I know or have spoke to thats had it was out of action for 2 days.

Does it actually reduce your chances of catching it? Others are saying it just reduces the effects of the symptoms 🤷‍♂️

Somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks for the second to come around though
I believe it just reduces the effects if you catch Covid as your body is already chock-a-block with the anti bodies produced after receiving the vaccine.

Mind you, if I'd gone for a 9 mile walk I'd expect the sweats, shakes, headache and feeling like dying too - vaccine or no! 😱

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Just back from getting the jab up at the EICC.

Superbly organised up there I have to say.

Feel quite chuffed to be honest. Exactly one year on from the first lockdown being announced and I am getting vaccinated. Absolutely astonishing what has been achieved by these scientists in that time.

Last edited:

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge

according to some doctor on the radio this is a good response. It proves your immune system has recognized the virus and is fighting it. You should now have lots of anti bodies.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here