Vaccine on its own thread.

kevinc

Just A Radge
this calculator is doing the rounds, apparently relatively accurate, also indicates England are a couple of months ahead of Scotland re my Priority grouping.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
this calculator is doing the rounds, apparently relatively accurate, also indicates England are a couple of months ahead of Scotland re my Priority grouping.

That's the one of the ones I looked at a couple of weeks ago. It said then and still says mid April. I'm getting done tomorrow.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
That's Germany and France now suspended vaccinating with the Astrazenica vaccine due to potential blood clots in some cases.

You just know this is going to escalate with the UK probably doing the same by the end of the week.

WHO and all experts have said it is safe, but people will panic when they see major European countries suspending it.

Worrying to say the least.

Jamie

Admin
That's Germany and France now suspended vaccinating with the Astrazenica vaccine due to potential blood clots in some cases.

You just know this is going to escalate with the UK probably doing the same by the end of the week.

WHO and all experts have said it is safe, but people will panic when they see major European countries suspending it.

I know more than a few that have had the oxford, sare for 24 hours and a banging sare head but nothing untoward

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I thought that too. We ever getting out of this with a quarter of the country not vaccinated?
I think those numbers must be based on the initial estimates of vaccine uptake. I'm sure I've heard the 74% figure mentioned in that context but it's been well surpassed in reality. If you look at the percentages complete in the priority groups that have been done so far they're in the high 90%s (and in some cases over 100%).

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
Is the Oxford Astra Zeneca? If so I had it and had a bit of a sore arm. a hot flush for an hour not long after getting it and that was it.
I know more than a few that have had the oxford, sare for 24 hours and a banging sare head but nothing untoward

initial thoughts are that this is nothing to do with the vac itself; rather the age of the folks getting it :
ie the very old and the frail who were in the first round. European countries pausing just now. Experts aound the world, at this time are more than happy with its safety and efficacy.

I would bet my last buck you will be fine gents ✅ (just before any halfwits come on and tell you they told you so and all vaccines are poison, and the world is run by reptiles etc)

Westside Green

Well-Known Radge
I think those numbers must be based on the initial estimates of vaccine uptake. I'm sure I've heard the 74% figure mentioned in that context but it's been well surpassed in reality. If you look at the percentages complete in the priority groups that have been done so far they're in the high 90%s (and in some cases over 100%).
Upwards of 90% sounds more like it. Haven't noticed any figures since care home reported high numbers.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
That's me had the Oxford Jag.
Well done Moaty, it’s important we look after our senior citizens so delighted you have made it this far through the pandemic. Wish you well for a few more years yet and hope there are no serious side effects for you 💚

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge

If folk are worrying about the Astrazenica vaccine because 40 out of 17,000,000 have developed a probably unrelated blood clot then it's best they dont read the leaflet in a packet of paracetamol

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00