Vaccine on its own thread.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
I'm the same except I don't know your mates and I didn't phone.

I don't really expect my jag until the first week of next month. If things go well maybe a couple of weeks time at the earliest.

I think I may have said this before but I'm still amazed there's so many people older and not as well as I am supposed to be! We're more than a third through the population fur fs sake. By the time I get it it could be up as high as 50%!!!! Every cloud and all that!

Jack
Age 63¾
I've not had my blue envelope yet either and I'm 64 and a bit.

Chuck Rhoades

Since 1875
My parents are 60 & 64 respectively and have theirs at South Gyle next week, same day and roughly same time. Both live in Carrick Knowe. Neither have underlying health problems

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Guy in my work was saying there’s a stockpile of COVID vaccines and the broon stuffs gonni hit the fan today? Anybody heard anything or is he talking shite?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Guy in my work was saying there’s a stockpile of COVID vaccines and the broon stuffs gonni hit the fan today? Anybody heard anything or is he talking shite?
Various doses of crap info going around about stockpiling.
Who knows ,Bill?
As the saying goes, a lie can be halfway round the world before the truth has got its boots on.
People are going to get by passed for any number of reasons.
The biggest reason most likely being human error.

Jack

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I wouldn't be surprised if there are stockpiles UK/Scotland.

Scotland was jagging 60k+ a day recently and they'll be needing their 2nd jag soonish.

We're currently jagging 20oddk a day and if memory serves correctly we were all supposed to back to huge numbers before now as huge supply was back up and running after the manufacturing restructuring.

It would seem we're not.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
7EBB3BEE-4DA5-4C59-993C-8AFBF46290A6.jpeg
Moderna one supposed to be ready for roll out after Easter as well and there’s plenty capacity to deliver far more than we have done at the peak, never mind the drop in numbers recent weeks which was blamed on supply.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Ian Murray MP is blethering about Edinburgh having low vaccine rates but seems to discount low average age in the city in favour of anecdotal evidence from concerned citizens. No idea if he's got a point or not but it's pretty shite that the journalists make no effort to find out.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Ian Murray MP is blethering about Edinburgh having low vaccine rates but seems to discount low average age in the city in favour of anecdotal evidence from concerned citizens. No idea if he's got a point or not but it's pretty shite that the journalists make no effort to find out.
And it's not too hard to find.
2019, but I doubt it will have changed substantially in 18 months.
The over 75's were smallest in number with 36,000.
The 25-44 was largest with 180,000.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I didn't hear what he said but if he's talking about Lothian more generally I think he has a point. The Lothians have been rooted to the bottom of the table up till this week, although East and Mid have moved up a bit in recent days. As you say, the cities (Edinburgh/ Glasgow/ Aberdeen) all seem to be low due to demographic mix.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
Just phoned the Covid hotline, and found I'm due for next Friday at QMU - there's a problem with the letters either being sent out or delivered, the woman wasn't sure which. The number's 0300 790 6296 if anyone needs it.

Edit: the post has just arrived, and with it, my blue envelope 🤭

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
That's weird.

I just phoned the Covid helpline on 08000308013, and there's a tape message saying that the info being circulated about delays/missing letters is nonsense.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Just phoned the Covid hotline, and found I'm due for next Friday at QMU - there's a problem with the letters either being sent out or delivered, the woman wasn't sure which. The number's 0300 790 6296 if anyone needs it.

Edit: the post has just arrived, and with it, my blue envelope 🤭
QMU is where I’m going, next Sunday.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
That's weird.

I just phoned the Covid helpline on 08000308013, and there's a tape message saying that the info being circulated about delays/missing letters is nonsense.
That’s the number I called at the start of the week. They didnae seem tae ken much. Got fobbed off a wee bit I thought. The number in Drew’s post is the one that seems tae be able tae help best.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
That’s the number I called at the start of the week. They didnae seem tae ken much. Got fobbed off a wee bit I thought. The number in Drew’s post is the one that seems tae be able tae help best.
The woman was very helpful, and not at all put out. Only took five minutes or so for my call to be answered.

Dub

That's weird.

Beat me to it SirDoc. I was sent the number this morning along with a copy of a Facebook post saying that letters had gone astray so I rang the number and the recorded [Tape lol] message sounds like they are pleading with folk not to be clowns.

Dub

I wouldn't be surprised if there are stockpiles UK/Scotland.

Scotland was jagging 60k+ a day recently and they'll be needing their 2nd jag soonish.

We're currently jagging 20oddk a day and if memory serves correctly we were all supposed to back to huge numbers before now as huge supply was back up and running after the manufacturing restructuring.

It would seem we're not.
We weren't supposed to be back to higher numbers by now at all. The info from Scotgov has been consistent in that there is a shortage of supply and that will be rectified "soon" but no actual timescale was given.

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Jean Freeman is talking just now. Seems there's a form I can fill in from Monday about carers. Watch this I'll go back to my flat today and find a letter waiting for me.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Beat me to it SirDoc. I was sent the number this morning along with a copy of a Facebook post saying that letters had gone astray so I rang the number and the recorded [Tape lol] message sounds like they are pleading with folk not to be clowns.

How do you know it wasn't a feckin tape? :52:

Anyhoo, the blue envelope arrived in the post just now for the missus, so no problem.

:54:

(

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
April Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00