US link up

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
If we're able to bring young lads fresh out of high school or college, who have been brought up through a sports system could well be of benefit to us.
Most of them will be impressive athletes with an understanding of working hard for it.

Reading the initial announcement, it sounds like we'll be giving their players a chance to come train in their off season and learn what being part of a professional club in Europe looks like.
And on our part, its more about the information they can share.
They'll know every college and high school athlete, that could give us a chance at getting in there (work permits might be an issue if they're not full internationals though?)
And we'll get some learning on match day experiences.

We might come across a few players over the next few years, I wouldn't be expecting any league winners from the partnership though, seems to be about more than that.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
VIP Member
It’s becoming the norm. Canadian Premier League teams trying to link with Dundee, Brentford etc. If it’s costing nothing and there may be a benefit somewhere along the line then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Legend
All welcome 👍
Except Shrink natch 🤣
Ya bastard.
My bag was packed. I’d thought the grub would be decent enough to make up for the dodgy company.
But it seems I’m banned from flying.
Nothing to do with West Lothian being Cat 4 and not allowed to travel to the airport, more about the time I accidentally exposed myself to the young brunette girl at check in.
Honest. No intention.

I was aiming for the blonde lass.

Greenmachine

VIP Member
I can only assume that much work and research has gone into this link-up with Charleston Battery from the powers that be at Hibs, and that we have established that there is in fact a benefit to our club. I say that because as an ordinary fan I am struggling at the moment to see what those benefits actually are.

I understand we are going to allow some of their players during their off-season to come and train at East Mains with our players and that is all very nice, but given the level these players play at compared to ours, again I just can't see the purpose of it ? Perhaps somebody can explain ?

Potential Development team players possibly ?...whenever our reserve league gets started again.

Last edited:

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
VIP Member
Big Ron’s local team I’m sure I read so doubt it’s worth a sook.

Charleston soccerball fans can buy the odd Hibees pennant and we can get a few amateurs over to learn about our binge drinking culture.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Big Ron’s local team I’m sure I read so doubt it’s worth a sook.

Charleston soccerball fans can buy the odd Hibees pennant and we can get a few amateurs over to learn about our binge drinking culture.

It was his son that moved local, and Ron wanted their owner and his son to link up.
The more I hear and read about this the less I see what's in it for us.

Seems a complete waste of time and energy.

I kinda agree, it makes us a parent club of sorts, with little to no chance of actually taking a player on full time.
I've no idea what a match day experience is like in the lower US leagues, but if they're still half decent we might be able to hijack some ideas.

Some extra yank investment would be nice tho.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
VIP Member
Went to a couple of Eintracht games in Florida on their winter break early in 2019. Tampa Bay Rowdies stadium was used for one of the games which wasn’t up to much and looks similar level to the one used by the Charleston Flappers.

The other game was a mini tournament in downtown Orlando with Ajax and 2 Brazilian teams and the crowd was massive and a packed larger stadium with South American expats taking it very seriously.

Magic 🏀 opportunity to see new places and get tucked into the local scran and bar scenes.

Hattie

Donator
Legend
Went to a couple of Eintracht games in Florida on their winter break early in 2019. Tampa Bay Rowdies stadium was used for one of the games which wasn’t up to much and looks similar level to the one used by the Charleston Flappers.

The other game was a mini tournament in downtown Orlando with Ajax and 2 Brazilian teams and the crowd was massive and a packed larger stadium with South American expats taking it very seriously.

Magic 🏀 opportunity to see new places and get tucked into the local scran and bar scenes.
Went to Orlandos ground in 2017. Kaka was playing fir them, opposing team, can’t remember who, were down to 10 men quite early, Orlando ran out 5-1 winners. Cracking stadium, game kinda slow paced but their singing section behind the goals was very impressive, inc about 10 drummers. Also, sat with beer in hand in seats and Hibs tops on

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£70.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks