Unpopular Opinions

tayside hibee

Bounce Radge
James mcpake was the most overrated player to play for us.
Got sent off on his debut for diving in and carried it on for his entire time. The amount of pics of Hibs losing a goal with him in the background on his arse is incredible.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge
Football without fans in stadiums isn’t viable for most of spfl pyramid, and clubs right to the very top will struggle to see the season out if they pay their players.

There’s no mention of £ anywhere but wonder if this is a decent income boost for all clubs.

4D7D55C5-5886-49B8-98DA-0D3F4505AEA5.jpeg

Having no league sponsorship deal definitely doesn’t help mind.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Alex Miller was an excellent manager for Hibs.

He was great in the transfer market and signed many of the best players we have had since the 70's.

He is perceived as being negative because he spent his first three seasons making Hibs a more professional and better organised team, which had to happen as we were anything but that before he arrived. It did mean sacrificing some flair though.

He is unfairly criticised for his derby record which I accept was not good, however the fact is Hearts were just a better team than us during the 80's and into the 90's although once Miller put together a decent team after the Mercer takeover debacle it was much more even. John Robertson was also often the difference in many of those more even derbies.

tayside hibee

Bounce Radge
Alex Miller was an excellent manager for Hibs.

He was great in the transfer market and signed many of the best players we have had since the 70's.

He is perceived as being negative because he spent his first three seasons making Hibs a more professional and better organised team, which had to happen as we were anything but that before he arrived. It did mean sacrificing some flair though.

He is unfairly criticised for his derby record which I accept was not good, however the fact is Hearts were just a better team than us during the 80's and into the 90's although once Miller put together a decent team after the Mercer takeover debacle it was much more even. John Robertson was also often the difference in many of those more even derbies.
that is all very true.
but it was his lack of passion for Hibs which irked me.
He wore a maroon sweatshirt ffs. If he a managed the old Huns, no way would he wear a green one.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Set aside the obvious, Alan Stubbs failed as manager
He certainly has if you discount his time with Hibs. I think he depended on the two coaches he had with him a lot. Without them at other clubs he struggled badly, and there must be some doubt if he will ever get another managers job now at a decent level.

With Hibs, arriving at a totally demoralised club in 2014, he had a massively difficult task to get us promoted with the huns and Hearts in the same league. He also had to start from scratch very quickly and hastily put together a squad capable of mounting a challenge. He did though, and he signed some tremendous players who became club legends. I can fully understand why many would say he failed at Hibs...after all, we didn't get promotion till Lennon arrived...but I still thought he done a great job considering what he was up against. He was also a superb cup manager for us, we had some great cup runs....and of course there was that day. Despite his failings, Stubbs for me is a legend. I never thought I would ever see Hibs lift the Scottish Cup, and he was the man who delivered it.

Last edited:

moathibby

Bounce Radge
I found the atmosphere at the AEK Athens game horrendous, all the shouts of USA,USA cringeworthy because I knew for certain I was with the Greeks on that one. The hatred and vitriol being showed towards Athens almost made me want to turn tail and leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Bounce Radge
I found the atmosphere at the AEK Athens game horrendous, all the shouts of USA,USA cringeworthy because I knew for certain I was with the Greeks on that one. The hatred and vitriol being showed towards Athens almost made me want to turn tail and leave.

You were with the Greeks celebrating a terrorist attack?

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge

Maybe influenced by the Greeks behaviour in Athens that 300 of us witnessed.

Seen middle aged ones at our poolside laughing at the TV coverage of the twin towers coming down then the AEK fans doing the airplanes to the away fans during the actual game.

Dunno how that fits into your political leanings though??

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£38.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks