• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Tory corruption

Very precarious territory non Tory politicians criticising Tory second jobs. Starmer ruling out pledging to make MP second jobs illegal. Because he has done it, Shadow front benchers do it. The SNP have leading MPs and MSP's doing it. The Liberal leader has done it. They are all at it, working within the rules don't you know. Hypocrites.

BIG G
Not sure if all these MP’s you talk of, use tax payers offices to do business for their own benefits?

Not sure if all these MP’s you talk of, use tax payers offices to do business for their own benefits?
Should MPs have second jobs in your opinion?

BIG G

But they all avoid paying their fair share of tax as their primary business.

They're all at it, latest wheeze is mp's with London homes letting them out and then getting us to pay for their living accommodation in london.
I've been in the wrong fuckin jobs all my life

They're all at it, latest wheeze is mp's with London homes letting them out and then getting us to pay for their living accommodation in london.
I've been in the wrong fuckin jobs all my life
And let's not forget the MSPs, buying new build flats in Holyrood Road with there housing allowance paid by us. When asked about it that wee no mark Alex Neil replied ' Do you expect me live in a caravan' .Some people have to son.

BIG G

BIG G
Not a problem with that. But not using tax payers money for personal profit..

But they all avoid paying their fair share of tax as their primary business.
Over £120billion is dodges from the tax office each year, yet there are less than 400 tax officers investigating it, there is £2/3 billion benefit fraud each year… there is 4,000 people investigating that… disgusting. The average Joe on PAYE pays more of a % of wages on tax and NI than millionaires! Yeah no wonder they were desperate to escape the EU… what with the offshore tax dodging getting put a stop to by the EU. But brexit was brainwashed into the gullible about being about immigration

While never off the TV attacking her Party Leader, with the infamous 'never mind stabbing him in the back I would stab him in the front', the rent a gob self publicist Jess Phillips racks up dough all the time. It was laughable watching her in Parliament attacking Tories with second incomes.

BIG G

Not a problem with that. But not using tax payers money for personal profit..
I do have a problem with that. If they cannot live off £85,000 basic, plus generous accommodation allowances, travel allowances, secretarial allowances, often paid to wifes/husband etc.More of course for Party Leaders, without second to numerous other incomes, they should do their constituents a favour and get to fuck out of there.

BIG G

The case of the verbose horrendous uber Brexiteer Cox using his office whilst making his lucrative sideline is almost a deflection of one unscrupulous individual. Lobbying is very lucrative too. The ex pro EU Labour MP , Starmers choice, who stood and got humped in pro Brexit Hartlepool had been lobbying for the horrendous Saudi regime. Paterson who chucked it last week lobbied for Randox, who won a £133m Covid testing contract.
The system is utterly corrupt.

BIG G

BIG G
MPs, in fact any elected representative, should be allowed second jobs but they should in no way conflict with their job as a MP.

I admire, in a way, the likes of the practicing medical staff who have chipped in during covid. I think they should be allowed to contribute to debates but I don't think they should have a vote on debates they've contributed to. Likewise if they have any interest, such as shares in a medical related company.

Obviously the same applies to any business/profession a MP is involved in.

I do have a problem with that. If they cannot live off £85,000 basic, plus generous accommodation allowances, travel allowances, secretarial allowances, often paid to wifes/husband etc.More of course for Party Leaders, without second to numerous other incomes, they should do their constituents a favour and get to fuck out of there.

BIG G
That is fair points. But not all take the utter Shiite. with all the extras as you say, probably doubling up on their wages through immediate family, wives etc, the despicable 2nd home of which we pay the interest, but they make the profit, hugely as in being in london and STILL. Paying less % of wages than people on paye and less than average persons yearly income makes me sick.
A legit second income which does not interfere with or use tax payers property is, should be, ok. But it becomes, in the tory rules, honest but mistaken profiteering. What chance you got🙈
On the 2nd home, imo, and I’ve thought this for years, when an MP takes over a seat, why do they not use the same house as a second home that the previous occupant as an MP for that constituent has? They govt can own these homes and who ever is the MP for a certain constituency then takes over that house, that way no MP can totally abuse the system

Im a bit pished🥴
Apologies

Jack did I miss anything good on the Brexit thread over on .net?
I notice you were in the middle of the deleted posts.
Just noticed this, sorry.

If I remember correctly it was calling out torys for being economical with the truth but in a less diplomatic way 😎

Second jobs should be banned for MPs but their wages should be trebled imo.

MPs, in fact any elected representative, should be allowed second jobs but they should in no way conflict with their job as a MP.

I admire, in a way, the likes of the practicing medical staff who have chipped in during covid. I think they should be allowed to contribute to debates but I don't think they should have a vote on debates they've contributed to. Likewise if they have any interest, such as shares in a medical related company.

Obviously the same applies to any business/profession a MP is involved in.

@Jack it is my opinion the Labour Party MP's and MSP's should accept the wage of a skilled worker with expenses and donate the remainder to charity or the Labour movement. I want workers representatives not money making machines.
Those with there snouts in the second,third and fourth alternative income troughs in Labour, SNP, Liberal and Tory parties who are up to their necks in swill would disagree to any change in the status quo.

Three elected Marxist Labour MP's set a precident by doing exactly this standing as 'Workers MPs on a workers wage' before their eventual expulsion from the Labour Party during the Witch Hunt.

A new Witch Hunt with daily expulsions using Stalinist methods by Starmer and Evans at the behest of Mandelson and the right wing careerist MPs is taking place now. Nadia who is of Punjabi origin and other left black female MPs should really watch their backs from these people.

In Nottingham at the 2019 General election the youngest person elected at 23 years of age, Nadia Whittome won for Labour with the a pledge to be " A Workers MP on an average worker's wage"
as determined by the Office for National Statistics , of £35,000 (after tax), and would donate the remainder of her £85,000 salary as an MP to local charities.
During the Covid pandemic she worked as a part-time carer at a care home. Whittome appeared on Newsnight in April where she discussed shortages in PPE at her workplace. Shortly after her appearance on the show, she claimed that she had been fired from her job as a carer for "spreading misinformation". Her employer ExtraCare denied that there were any shortages in PPE at the care home, and also stated that Whittome had not been fired, but that her services were "no longer needed" as their own in-house care team could now meet their needs. In September, however, ExtraCare issued a statement in which they admitted that there had been shortages of PPE at the care home, and that Whittome had helped to resolve this through public appeals in March and April.

She has no extra parliamentary source of income.

My kind of Labour Party representative.

BIG G

Last edited:
Second jobs should be banned for MPs but their wages should be trebled imo.
I've often said that they should get a decent pay rise, then the expenses system could be scrapped

@Jack it is my opinion the Labour Party MP's and MSP's should accept the wage of a skilled worker with expenses and donate the remainder to charity or the Labour movement. I want workers representatives not money making machines.
Those with there snouts in the second,third and fourth alternative income troughs in Labour, SNP, Liberal and Tory parties who are up to their necks in swill would disagree to any change in the status quo.

Three elected Marxist Labour MP's set a precident by doing exactly this standing as 'Workers MPs on a workers wage' before their eventual expulsion from the Labour Party during the Witch Hunt.

A new Witch Hunt with daily expulsions using Stalinist methods by Starmer and Evans at the behest of Mandelson and the right wing careerist MPs is taking place now. Nadia who is of Punjabi origin and other left black female MPs should really watch their backs from these people.

In Nottingham at the 2019 General election the youngest person elected at 23 years of age, Nadia Whittome won for Labour with the a pledge to be " A Workers MP on an average worker's wage"
as determined by the Office for National Statistics , of £35,000 (after tax), and would donate the remainder of her £85,000 salary as an MP to local charities.
During the Covid pandemic she worked as a part-time carer at a care home. Whittome appeared on Newsnight in April where she discussed shortages in PPE at her workplace. Shortly after her appearance on the show, she claimed that she had been fired from her job as a carer for "spreading misinformation". Her employer ExtraCare denied that there were any shortages in PPE at the care home, and also stated that Whittome had not been fired, but that her services were "no longer needed" as their own in-house care team could now meet their needs. In September, however, ExtraCare issued a statement in which they admitted that there had been shortages of PPE at the care home, and that Whittome had helped to resolve this through public appeals in March and April.

She has no extra parliamentary source of income.

My kind of Labour Party representative.

BIG G
When I was a union rep 1970/80s and involved in bar debates with like minded people I was told of a Labour meeting in Dalry (Edinburgh, not Ayrshire) where a punter from the floor suggested the Labour MP, at the top table, donate anything of his MP salary over £35k (today's prices) to the party. The MPs agent stood up and suggested £45k because of this and that. The MP stood up and said he deserved all £83k and explained why. The wee punter stood up and said if he was earning £83k he'd likely be a member of the f'n tory party!

There were a number of stories throughout the pandemic of MPs taking on covid related jobs for the good of all, even medic torys.

@GORDONSMITH7 I'm sure you'll be aware several SNP reps have not take salary increases for some years donating the balance to various charities. I know slimy Salmonds charities were in his own name for stuff around his constituency making it more likely he'd be reelected but ...

I don't mind how much MPs are paid. But here's a thought.

When I started in the Civil Service MPs were paid less than the grade I ended up, HEO. They were campaigning to be paid the same as a HEO saying they wanted their salary tied to that grade. By the time I retired MPs salaries were more than double that of a HEO.

Last edited:
I've often said that they should get a decent pay rise, then the expenses system could be scrapped
Scrapping the expenses system would be unfair on those MPs representing constituencies further away from London. It does seem ridiculous though some of the things they can claim for.

Very precarious territory non Tory politicians criticising Tory second jobs. Starmer ruling out pledging to make MP second jobs illegal. Because he has done it, Shadow front benchers do it. The SNP have leading MPs and MSP's doing it. The Liberal leader has done it. They are all at it, working within the rules don't you know. Hypocrites.

BIG G
One word - cesspit

It's criminal, but not necessarily corruption, and there may be another thread, but mutant gerbil Michael Gove has just admitted that deregulation may have contributed towards the Grenfell fire. It was announced at Parliamentary select Committee, so feck all will come of it. I've seen mair decisions made at ma auntie 's coffee mornin!

Last edited:

These bastards seem to be getting worse. Even the Yanks think it's wrong.

Repossess Buckingham Palace, put all the MP’s up there, provide catering, provide a special train that picks them all up from specified locations and drops them all off again. No need for expenses, better for the environment. Sorted.

Repossess Buckingham Palace, put all the MP’s up there, provide catering, provide a special train that picks them all up from specified locations and drops them all off again. No need for expenses, better for the environment. Sorted.

A wee suggestion ...... rather than a train, how about a helicopter and drop them from that?

A wee suggestion .... rather than a train, how about a helicopter and drop them from that?

Dropping rubbish out of a helicopter is bad for the environment…

I think back in the embryonic days of the Scottish Parliament something similar was suggested. Not using Holyrood House lol, but a custom built 'hotel'.

Reactions: Zab
I think back in the embryonic days of the Scottish Parliament something similar was suggested. Not using Holyrood House lol, but a custom built 'hotel'.

Aye something like that would make sense. I was of course being facetious suggesting Buckingham Palace, but a purpose build/rented location in London isn’t unrealistic. There’s plenty of newly built offices lying empty, they could easily be converted. Tube stop outside Westminster too.

Aye something like that would make sense. I was of course being facetious suggesting Buckingham Palace, but a purpose build/rented location in London isn’t unrealistic. There’s plenty of newly built offices lying empty, they could easily be converted. Tube stop outside Westminster too.
Whats that scottish island that was closed down for some disease or other 🤔
That would do

Anthrax , that was it 🤪

Who records themselves practicing how to lie about a party that supposedly never existed.

I hope people go mental about this and don't let it go. Thoughts with anyone who lost anyone and couldn't be with them last winter while the tories partied.

Any normal country this would be the end of the government.

I’m astonished the ‘men in grey suits’ haven’t told Boris his time is up.

Who records themselves practicing how to lie about a party that supposedly never existed
I think I know this one - is it abject c**ts?

That’s some video, someone is deffo losing their job this week

That’s some video, someone is deffo losing their job this week
Hopefully Boris.
Allegra Stratton no longer works there.

Who records themselves practicing how to lie about a party that supposedly never existed.

I hope people go mental about this and don't let it go. Thoughts with anyone who lost anyone and couldn't be with them last winter while the tories partied.

Any normal country this would be the end of the government.
The tories so clearly think they are so far above the plebs..
Quaffing their free champers and food while laughing at the country!!!
Despicable scumbags!
People could not even see dying family members ffs

Fucking disgusting, but i expect no less from them.

And people are astonished when one of them gets murdered.

If you fly with the crows..

Fucking disgusting, but i expect no less from them.

And people are astonished when one of them gets murdered.

If you fly with the crows..
Bit harsh.
By all accounts he was a decent man, unlike many of his Tory chums.

Bit harsh.
By all accounts he was a decent man, unlike many of his Tory chums.
Its an observation as to why some people might want to kill the tory bastards, is it also harsh loads of people are dying or have died because of these fools.

If he was a decent man, maybe he should have resigned from that shit hole.

Its an observation as to why some people might want to kill the tory bastards, is it also harsh loads of people are dying or have died because of these fools.

If he was a decent man, maybe he should have resigned from that shit hole.
Still harsh mate.
The guy was popular with all parties because he worked for the folk that elected him, rather than slavishly follow Boris.
I’ll leave it there because I don’t want to appear I’m defending random Tories.

Last edited:
Still harsh mate.
The guy was popular with all parties because he worked for the folk that elected him, rather than slavishly follow Boris.
I’ll leave it there because I don’t want to appear I’m defending random Torries.
The outpouring of grief from his constituents says much about the man. A decent person helping others.
Not perfect, but which us is perfect?

Now, as for that fat, dishevelled, lying, corrupt piece of shit that sits his blubbery arse in No10?
Different piece of crap altogether.
This geezer is a real Richard.
Unfortunately, it is going to require standing on to eradicate it, but his own party will be close to doing so.
Very close.

This thread has been viewed 35804 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back