Time For Magennis, Murphy & Wright To Step Up

Smurf

VIP Member
These three guys will have been a fairly significant investment. I appreciate that with all three there's been fitness and injury concerns.

However, it's now time for all three to kick on and start actually contributing.

Zab

Admin
These three guys will have been a fairly significant investment. I appreciate that with all three there's been fitness and injury concerns.

However, it's now time for all three to kick on and start actually contributing.

Agree we need to start seeing something from them all.

I think we’ve already seen that a fit Jamie Murphy will add real quality to the team, staying fit is the big issue.

Kyle Magennis needs to be given a run in his actual position, which quite clearly isn’t left midfield. Jack Ross needs to find a way to get him in the team.

Drey Wright, well... I’m not one to write players off but he’s got a lot to prove, the most of any of the summer signings.

The Family

Capital Radge
VIP Member

Murphy is a quality player as @Zab said he made a difference when he came on, Magennis wasn’t in his natural position yesterday so a bit unfair to judge. Wright I agree with you on, the first showings was positive but after they he has done nothing I really hope he isn’t another Horgan who isn’t consistent enough.

Greenmachine

VIP Member
I agree that we need to see the three players mentioned stepping up to the mark fairly soon, unfortunately it is more difficult when they are all either injured or still recovering from injury. Drey Wright was hardly ever off the treatment table at St Johnstone and to be honest I was a bit wary of his signing in the first place. He has shown in flashes what he can do, and I thought he played well against the Huns and scored against them. I think he has skill and tracks back well, however he should be played on the right. Personally, I think Martin Boyle should be brought back into a more central attacking role as soon as Wright is fully match fit. Boyle has been disappointing so far this season.

Murphy will be a big player for us....again once he is fully match fit. He is another player with past injury concerns, but if we can keep him fit he will be a big asset to us.

Kyle Magennis is a central midfielder, and I think Ross has signed him to play there, but at the moment the squad is stretched and he is being asked to play a role he is not best suited to to help out the team. Also, he is another still trying to get his way back to full match fitness after a very bad injury.

To be honest, what we are really missing badly just now is a fully fit Scott Allan. Having him unavailable to us is a major blow. At the start of the season when you looked at the Hibs squad, Allan would have been seen by all to be one of our key players for the season ahead. I hope the rumours about him are wrong, however we really are missing his creativity and ability to make an accurate final pass in the last third. Our decision making in that area is terrible. He is the one player who can open up a defence and make things happen.

Robert Barone

VIP Member
When I look at our squad personnel and the shape of the team I think we are going to have to play one striker, for me Nisbet, with Boyle (if form improves) on the right and Murphy on the left. That gives us much beter options in who we can play in midfield imo.

I suspect we're shoehorning in two strikers so we can keep Doidge in the shop window, Im not sure hes a Jack Ross type of player tbh. To be fair Doidge puts in a great shift for the team but he drives me mental at times as well with his poor movement and heavy touches. He scrored a good goal yesterday and was one of our better players but I just dont think he fits our style medium to long term particularly, or the other players we have in the squad. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes in next window.

We've gone after Magennis quite strongly for Hibs so I dont see him being some utility player we're going to use to plug gaps as we did last night. I think Drey Wright can fill that role, although he either seems to be impressive or absolutely dog shit..I suppose the lack of games contributes to the inconsistency. Murphy I think could be a key player player for us..I noticed in one of our Cup games him and Newell linked up very well and seemd to be on the same wavelength. Three usual starters in the middle of the park being Newell, Gogic and Magennis. Then perm any of the defensive players based on form and opposition.

Zab

Admin
When I look at our squad personnel and the shape of the team I think we are going to have to play one striker, for me Nisbet, with Boyle (if form improves) on the right and Murphy on the left. That gives us much beter options in who we can play in midfield imo.

I suspect we're shoehorning in two strikers so we can keep Doidge in the shop window, Im not sure hes a Jack Ross type of player tbh. To be fair Doidge puts in a great shift for the team but he drives me mental at times as well with his poor movement and heavy touches. He scrored a good goal yesterday and was one of our better players but I just dont think he fits our style medium to long term particularly, or the other players we have in the squad. I wouldnt be surprised if he goes in next window.

We've gone after Magennis quite strongly for Hibs so I dont see him being some utility player we're going to use to plug gaps as we did last night. I think Drey Wright can fill that role, although he either seems to be impressive or absolutely dog shit..I suppose the lack of games contributes to the inconsistency. Murphy I think could be a key player player for us..I noticed in one of our Cup games him and Newell linked up very well and seemd to be on the same wavelength. Three usual starters in the middle of the park being Newell, Gogic and Magennis. Then perm any of the defensive players based on form and opposition.

Agree with that, Ross has usually played 4231 and expect the team will end up that way in the long run. I don’t mind that formation as long as the 3 behind the striker get forward and support.

Something like this wouldn’t be bad at all:
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Doig
Gogic Newell
Boyle Magennis Murphy
Nisbet

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00