• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The winter transfer window.....

Nisbet stays then...time will tell if we did the right thing...if there were as few options as it seems to replace him and, as rumoured, the deal was structured so that HIbs wouldnt get the lions share of the fee up front I think we have.

I still think its the thinnest squad Ive seen for years...one or two injuries or suspensions and its immeadiately impacting as theres not much quality in it. Wanted us to strengthen at CH and up front and we've done neither. Quite happy with Irvine, and the other boy whos name ive forgotten already looks steady enough. A 6/10 Window for me.

Let's hope we are not caught short up front. Nisbet is actually the only real goalscorer we have. Let's hope he's not in the huff.

Today Aberdeen signed 3 strikers. And recalled another striker.

Goals wins games.

Ahwell, Aberdeen strengthen at the end and Hibs dont, cant moan of we dont get that 3rd place.

I'd take Nisbet, Doidge, Boyle and Murphy over the Sheep's lot they have up front. Not over the moon with the situation, but still fancy us to take third.

I'd take Nisbet, Doidge, Boyle and Murphy over the Sheep's lot they have up front. Not over the moon with the situation, but still fancy us to take third.
no chance , i actually think we'll do well to hang onto 4th

no chance , i actually think we'll do well to hang onto 4th
Definate signs of improvement lately, Boyle looks like being the 3rd striker and once Irvine and Cadden are firing on all cylinders I think we will kick on. Still think there’s more tae come from Murphy and Scotty, Magennis is a bit of an unknown and I hope he’s no another Drey Wright. Celtc are in free fall and Aberdeen have signed a couple of huddies, pity The Hun are so far in front?

Tend to agree. Ross has to get a tune out them though.

Irvine and Cadden have definitely improved us. Scott Allan could be the key from the bench to do what Commons did for us that season in giving that extra quality in the attacking third. Wee cameo role to turn the odd draw into a win. Especially at Easter Road with teams sitting in and our lack of creativity to break them down.

We need the right attitude among the players and to get some confidence growing.

“On their day....?”

Ahwell, Aberdeen strengthen at the end and Hibs dont, cant moan of we dont get that 3rd place.
So they sign a shit stirring nyaff we got rid of, a guy from St J that no one on here rated at 7pm last night, and another loanee who has made 3 appearances since summer.
No doubt if either of them score against us at the weekend they'll be what we needed.

So they sign a shit stirring nyaff we got rid of, a guy from St J that no one on here rated at 7pm last night, and another loanee who has made 3 appearances since summer.
No doubt if either of them score against us at the weekend they'll be what we needed.

Tend to agree. Aberdeen have sold their two main forwards, one of them to the Huns. They’ve replaced them with a St. Johnstone reserve, a Hun reject, and a youngster who’s not played much senior football.... This place would be in absolute meltdown if Hibs done that.

I’m actually pleased we didn’t see any panic buys for a chance. The squad is thin up front and at centre back, however the midfield was in desperate need of some energy and drive.

With Cadden signed it means Boyle can now just play in a forward position in a front 2 or 3 which will help as we are light up front. Hopefully Irvine can start scoring from midfield like a Pat McGinley.

He's been a disaster at the sheep has he no? Why would we want him? Would rather have kept Gullan

Just as back up for fighting for his place, it’s the only one I could think of that was available at the time.

There was a good point made somewhere, that there actually is only 12 games left, 11 after tonight. So it maybe didn’t make sense paying someone’s wages for 6 month if they weren’t good enough to feature much.

There was a good point made somewhere, that there actually is only 12 games left, 11 after tonight. So it maybe didn’t make sense paying someone’s wages for 6 month if they weren’t good enough to feature much.
Plus the cup games.
But we dont have to worry too much about that.
Semi final is our limit........

Plus the cup games.
But we dont have to worry too much about that.
Semi final is our limit......

Will Scottish Cup be going ahead? Not read any updates but thought it might be cancelled this season

Will Scottish Cup be going ahead? Not read any updates but thought it might be cancelled this season

I can’t see how it will go ahead, unless all the lower league teams are forced to forfeit.

Just spoke with my wee brother, 65 years auld mind, about the two attempted signings. Staying in Leighton Buzzard for 52 years, still a Hibernian fanatic, following every twist and turn over 5 decades.
To summarise Tam's attitude, in his words, 'fair play to the Hibs, this is a first, about time too, happy with this'

BIG G

Just as back up for fighting for his place, it’s the only one I could think of that was available at the time.
Aye fair enough, ken what yir saying bud. One of my mates is a Dons fan and he tells me Main just ponces around looking like the business but not actually doing anything. I'd rather make do than waste a wage on someone not nearly good enough for the sheep.

Celtc only chance at silverware... it’ll go ahead.

Obviously hibs thought it was though as we seemly lost out on a forward yesterday .

Obviously hibs thought it was though as we seemly lost out on a forward yesterday .
But that would have been for one that was good enough to play a bit no?

Not at all sure TBH.
I know my home town team was due to play Stenny in the cup when it was suspended?

And that is the very situation we didnt want.
A body for the sake of numbers, not ability.

But that would have been for one that was good enough to play a bit no?
Nobody knows we could all submise though.

Agreed, I take the view that signing anyone that you don't see as a starter on the team sheet every week is effectively just taking out an insurance policy against injury or poor form. To liken it to buying a new car, if you set out with a specific set of requirements and a specific budget, and the dealer is unable to meet that, you just walk away and come back later. You don't decide to buy a shiny new insurance policy with the budget instead.

Thinking back I am glad we never brought Main in, still very light up top and now we have an unhappy striker also, just hope they know what they are doing.

Reactions: Zab
Thinking back I am glad we never brought Main in, still very light up top and now we have an unhappy striker also, just hope they know what they are doing.
We dont know for sure he is unhappy?
It may be a bit like the Steven Fletcher saga where he was asked to hang fire for a better deal?
I dont know that obviously, but if he's a decent guy he will knuckle down and work hard for that better, bigger payday.
I hope so anyway.

It may be a bit like the Steven Fletcher saga where he was asked to hang fire for a better deal?
I dont know that obviously, but if he's a decent guy he will knuckle down and work hard for that better, bigger payday.
I hope so anyway.
Spot on.
Let’s hope he’s a decent guy badly advised and will knuckle down and play for the jersey and the fans.
The last thing we need is another Katie/Kamberi situation.
If he fucks us about I’m going to start calling him Nesbit.

We dont have an unhappy striker Fam....

I hope so anyway.

He put in transfer request which didn’t happen of course he is going to be unhappy

He put in transfer request which didn’t happen of course he is going to be unhappy

Daft question but how does anyone know he put in a transfer request?

Tbf we don't know what happened yesterday.
If he wants to leave then he needs to continue proving himself. Otherwise nobody comes in for him

Daft question but how does anyone know he put in a transfer request?

Sky Sports, All the Edinburgh & Weegie Rags were all saying the same, seemingly Ross confirmed it on the radio also. It must have some truth in it for them all to be saying the same.

Sky Sports, All the Edinburgh & Weegie Rags were all saying the same, seemingly Ross confirmed it on the radio also. It must have some truth in it for them all to be saying the same.

Interesting as he has not given any interviews, even about tonights game that I am aware? One slaver drops in he is unhappy, MSN repeat and before you know its fact. Course it might be true but if it leaked it it would be his agent no one else.

Not nessacellery. Maybe just testing Hibs resolve. They must have spoken to him if indeed he put in a request. I doubt it myself, as it is such an obvious thing for the rags to quote and stir shite. He’ll get his big money move .... when Hibs are ready to flog him. He’ll have been told that. Needs to keep scoring though. Teams ain’t gonna buy him to just play nice supportive football. They’ll want goals.

Interesting as he has not given any interviews, even about tonights game that I am aware? One slaver drops in he is unhappy, MSN repeat and before you know its fact. Course it might be true but if it leaked it it would be his agent no one else.

Sky sports news were running it last night, but for some reason after they went to the adverts the story never appeared, they were saying they knew the reason behind the transfer request, which I thought was strange how it wasn’t run.

Hibs have played it correctly. Every player has a price - Hibs said what his price was, nobody would pay it.
The end.

Remember the Retard wanted us to sell Broon to the Hun in a cut price deal and how terrible a decision it was not to accept a couple of million for him and Katy combined.....

Glad Ron stuck to his guns.
Nisbet is in the early stages of a 4 year deal so I’m not really unhappy if he’s unhappy.
We’ve both got plenty time to get over the disappointment.

Hibs have played it correctly. Every player has a price - Hibs said what his price was, nobody would pay it.
The end.

Remember the Retard wanted us to sell Broon to the Hun in a cut price deal and how terrible a decision it was not to accept a couple of million for him and Katy combined.....

Glad Ron stuck to his guns.
Nisbet is in the early stages of a 4 year deal so I’m not really unhappy if he’s unhappy.
We’ve both got plenty time to get over the disappointment.
We‘ll find out how un-happy he is to-night - maybes a hat-trick would make home feel a wee bit better .. if he really is unhappy.

We‘ll find out how un-happy he is to-night - maybes a hat-trick would make home feel a wee bit better .. if he really is unhappy.

I’m no convinced he handed in a transfer request or is unhappy.

I’ve seen one terribly written article in a Glasgow red tip about him being unhappy. It’s states the usual “sources close to the player”, says his wages would have been £10,000 a week but also says Birmingham City hadn’t spoke to player... sounds like contradictory made up shite to me.

If he wants a big move he’s now got till the summer to earn one.

I'd definitely play him to send him and all of us the message....

The thought going through my head is:

If the reports are true that we were in for another forward but that fell through then maybe we were prepared to let Nisbet leave for the right fee. When that didn't happen we said we're no selling. That could have been the catalyst for the transfer request. If true Nisbet had maybe had the carrot of a big money move dangled in front of him.

That's all hypothetical but it would make the transfer request a little bit more understandable.

And if true good business from Hibs.

This thread has been viewed 40895 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back