• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The winter transfer window.....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
We can start buying, selling and moving on players from midnight tonight. To my knowledge Lewis Stevenson, Ofir Marciano and Joe Newell’s contracts all end in the summer, I would look to extend all three. Paul and Stephen McGinn’s end too. I would Get Paul signed up now, Stephen if he is cheap?

What is your thinking, names, no positions. Campbell and Gallacher at Motherwell come to mind? If Rocky leaves, how does Scott Bain sound?

Would Scott Brown come back?

Will Tom James leave?

What is your thinking?

Last edited:
Bains done okay IMO but he's only on loan so we would still need another keeper. I'd like to see Rocky, Lewis , Joe and Paul sign new contracts. I certainly think wright should go and we need somebody other than Doidge up front. There's too many players guaranteed a start at the moment because we dont have anybody else to bring in

Would do a swap for Rocky with Scott Bain. Would prefer to keep him but if we did loose him, it wouldn’t be too upsetting.

paul McGinn signed a new contract (same time as his Scotland call up)

mid keep Lewis - powers are waning but good to have around the dressing room

Newell has completely turned it around and is a priority new contract.

a new striker for me is a priority

Think we must tie down Rocky and newell
the others 2 will no doubt be offered deals McGinn not so sure.
Campbell and Gallacher would be cracking signings. The boy Kerr from St Johnston another good player.
Would like to see us sign another big target man but can to think off hand of one.
think been mentioned a lot lately on here we need to add bodies to make a fight for places and make players work there socks off in training and on park to pull our famous shirt on.

happy new year bouncers

Scott Bain can bolt. He had his chance to play for us.

IMO we will be limited as to what we are going to be able to do in January due to finances. I can see a couple of players going and maybe a couple coming in on loan. Hopefully a central defender and a striker because we really need better cover in both areas. RE contracts I would like to see new deals for Lewis, Newell and Marciano (if possible). I have a feeling Rocky might be looking to move on though in the summer.

Potential signings ?...not sure about this month, however long term I would like to see Jason Kerr at Easter Road. Excellent central defender IMO and a Hibs fan from Penicuik. Gallagher from Motherwell looks good, but he has struggled this season along with the rest of his team. If we could get Gary MacKay-Stevens I would be happy. Alan Campbell from Motherwell would be great, but English clubs will be looking at him. I can see a pre-contract or two maybe this month. Hibs will be planning for the summer window as much as January.

Last edited:
As usual I agree with GM ....apart from the planning for this month.
It cant be underestimated as to the importance of getting into European football.
A couple of signings.....loans if necessary..... to bolster the squad would surely help that cause.
Not squad fillers, but genuine contenders for a regular place.
I think the club will already have a few targets for summer, but we need a couple this month.

Striker and Defender for me if poss,hopefully we can keep Murphy and Magennis fit.
Can see JR improving the midfield again in the summer.

I’d be happy if we signed a commanding centre half and a penalty box striker. Being greedy I’d love a winger with some actual end product. And I’d love to see us sign Stephen O’Donnell, but only if we’re going to play 352 more often than not.

A big thing for me is we don’t sign any more players who’ve just come off the back of long term injuries - Kyle Magennis may well become a great player for us, but we won’t see much of that in the first of his five year deal, as he’s got serious rehab work to do to get him truly match fit.

Getting Marciano and Newell on new contracts has to be a priority. If they don’t re-sign by the end of the month, the probably won’t.

Rocky & Newell are the priority signings, I would keep Lewis and extend his deal for another year, I would like us to bring in a centre half, winger and new striker and just to be greedy a new midfielder also.

Both Murphy & Magennis we cannot be relying on them being fully match fit, both had long term injuries and the slightest of knocks bring on a longer effect. Drey Wright I would loan him out or better still sell him, simply isn’t good enough, Doidgey I would happily sell also in order that we can bring in another striker, if not then another loan.

Boyle has been poor for a while now, I actually want a winger who is not scared to take his man on and put in great balls to our strikers.

My wish list:

Like @Zab O’Donnell from Motherwell, Jones from the Huns, Campbell from Motherwell and the striker at Killie Kabamba.

Last edited:
Rocky & Newell are the priority signings, I would keep Lewis and extend his deal for another year, I would like us to bring in a centre half, winger and new striker and just to be greedy a new midfielder also.

Both Murphy & Magennis we cannot be relying on them being fully match fit, both had long term injuries and the slightest of knocks bring on a longer effect. Drey Wright I would loan him out or better still sell him, simply isn’t good enough, Doidgey I would happily sell also in order that we can bring in another striker, if not then another loan.

Boyle has been poor for a while now, I actually want a winger who is not scared to take his man and put in great balls to our strikers.

My wish list:

Like @Zab O’Donnell from Motherwell, Jones from the Huns, Campbell from Motherwell and the striker at Killie Kabamba.

Just saw that Gary Mackay-Steven is a free agent, I’d take him over Jordan Jones.

Just saw that Gary Mackay-Steven is a free agent, I’d take him over Jordan Jones.

Most likely end up back at the Sheep mate

Most likely end up back at the Sheep mate

Probably, but he’d be a brilliant signing for us.

Probably, but he’d be a brilliant signing for us.

I agree 100%, he always scored against us, would be nice to see him score for us.

Reactions: Zab
We can start buying, selling and moving on players from midnight tonight. To my knowledge Lewis Stevenson, Ofir Marciano and Joe Newell’s contracts all end in the summer, I would look to extend all three. Paul and Stephen McGinn’s end too. I would Get Paul signed up now, Stephen if he is cheap?

What is your thinking, names, no positions. Campbell and Gallacher at Motherwell come to mind? If Rocky leaves, how does Scott Bain sound?

Would Scott Brown come back?

Will Tom James leave?

What is your thinking?
Scott Bain has been horrendous for the tribute act.
Scott Brown is passed it and would be sent off most weeks he gets away with murder at the establishment club.
We have a very small squad overloaded with central midfielders perhaps move some on and free up funds for a centre half and striker

Scott Bain has been horrendous for the tribute act.
Scott Brown is passed it and would be sent off most weeks he gets away with murder at the establishment club.
We have a very small squad overloaded with central midfielders perhaps move some on and free up funds for a centre half and striker
Overloaded with poor cm we need a better quality cm in the team now.

Might be sh**e but heard from one of their lot that the Smellies are interested in Squirrel again because Forrest is still out .

Overloaded with poor cm we need a better quality cm in the team now.
Hence me suggesting moving some on

Does anyone think we will get more bodies in now?

Does anyone think we will get more bodies in now?
Mathie says they are trying but within that statement doesnt sound convincing

Might be sh**e but heard from one of their lot that the Smellies are interested in Squirrel again because Forrest is still out .

Fucking hope so.

Fucking hope so.
I'm sure he'd do well there , we don't dominate teams enough at the moment for Boyle to shine

I'm sure he'd do well there , we don't dominate teams enough at the moment for Boyle to shine

Never a Celtic player.

Never a Celtic player.
wont be expensive and still has pace and Celtic have the movement off the ball that we dont

wont be expensive and still has pace and Celtic have the movement off the ball that we dont

He doesn’t take his man on, I cannot see him at Celtic tbh, if he does great get him off our wage bill and bring in a winger who actually does their job, like Jones at the Huns or GMS.

He doesn’t take his man on, I cannot see him at Celtic tbh, if he does great get him off our wage bill and bring in a winger who actually does their job, like Jones at the Huns or GMS.
I honestly think he's bereft of confidence , he'd be a different player in a Celtic team not that i think it'll happen anyway

Jones is pish dunno why folk go on about homso much cant even make their fucking bench

If the excuse for the recent pish is that players are “leggy” which I take it means the wee souls are tired, then there is areal need for adding to the pool. Even if it’s just so the current players can have a wee nap off the pitch rather than on it.

A lot depends on how much Sheffield United pay us for Nisbet and surely we’d get some comp if Ross is replacing Lennon at Celtc. Nothings changed in the few weeks since these were both reported I take it??

Big Ron’s also gonna chuck more dough at it in January despite the whole season being a write off for gate money so expect 3 or 4 new bods imminently like Campbell, McManus, Kerr.

Meanwhile....

Jones is pish dunno why folk go on about homso much cant even make their fucking bench

Your obviously pished or on the wind up

I am sober, I don't rate Jones at all, better players than him out there. Boyle is a right winger, the Hun is a left winger.

I am sober, I don't rate Jones at all, better players than him out there. Boyle is a right winger, the Hun is a left winger.

The last game he played for them he tore his opponents a new one, he is only out of the picture their due to the Covid incident, as discussed with @Zab i would like him at us or GMS, both players would improve us.

Do you rate Boyle more than Jones?

Sober and not at the wind up he’s shite don’t rate him at all. Also his attitude is pish sure he would cause a few problems here. Probably end up with a suspension same as he did there since he can’t follow covid protocols.

Sober and not at the wind up he’s shite don’t rate him at all. Also his attitude is pish sure he would cause a few problems here. Probably end up with a suspension same as he did there since he can’t follow covid protocols.

Fair enough that’s your opinion and mine is the opposite ?

The last game he played for them he tore his opponents a new one, he is only out of the picture their due to the Covid incident, as discussed with @Zab i would like him at us or GMS, both players would improve us.

I wouldn’t want Hibs to go near a character like Jones with a barge pole. Nothing to do with his ability. GMS would be an improvement for sure.

I wouldn’t want Hibs to go near a character like Jones with a barge pole. Nothing to do with his ability. GMS would be an improvement for sure.

As I said all about opinions, I think he would improve us, this was his last game for them before the Covid incident -

Yes, when he plays to his ability. I do fancy GMS though,good player who regularly tore us a new arsehole and was a Hibby as a boy I understand?

Yes, when he plays to his ability. I do fancy GMS though,good player who regularly tore us a new arsehole and was a Hibby as a boy I understand?

I hope we get in GMS but most likely to end up at the Sheep.

He was indeed a Hibs fan.

Either that or I’ve read the same uninformed pish as you have on tinterwebby somewhere.

I've made my feelings clear. I want a dominate CB and a striker to take Doidges place.

This thread has been viewed 40895 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back