The winter transfer window.....

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
Nisbet stays then...time will tell if we did the right thing...if there were as few options as it seems to replace him and, as rumoured, the deal was structured so that HIbs wouldnt get the lions share of the fee up front I think we have.

I still think its the thinnest squad Ive seen for years...one or two injuries or suspensions and its immeadiately impacting as theres not much quality in it. Wanted us to strengthen at CH and up front and we've done neither. Quite happy with Irvine, and the other boy whos name ive forgotten already looks steady enough. A 6/10 Window for me.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Let's hope we are not caught short up front. Nisbet is actually the only real goalscorer we have. Let's hope he's not in the huff.

Today Aberdeen signed 3 strikers. And recalled another striker.

Goals wins games.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
no chance , i actually think we'll do well to hang onto 4th
Definate signs of improvement lately, Boyle looks like being the 3rd striker and once Irvine and Cadden are firing on all cylinders I think we will kick on. Still think there’s more tae come from Murphy and Scotty, Magennis is a bit of an unknown and I hope he’s no another Drey Wright. Celtc are in free fall and Aberdeen have signed a couple of huddies, pity The Hun are so far in front?

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I'd take Nisbet, Doidge, Boyle and Murphy over the Sheep's lot they have up front. Not over the moon with the situation, but still fancy us to take third.
Tend to agree. Ross has to get a tune out them though.

Irvine and Cadden have definitely improved us. Scott Allan could be the key from the bench to do what Commons did for us that season in giving that extra quality in the attacking third. Wee cameo role to turn the odd draw into a win. Especially at Easter Road with teams sitting in and our lack of creativity to break them down.

We need the right attitude among the players and to get some confidence growing.

“On their day....?”

Zab

Admin
So they sign a shit stirring nyaff we got rid of, a guy from St J that no one on here rated at 7pm last night, and another loanee who has made 3 appearances since summer.
No doubt if either of them score against us at the weekend they'll be what we needed.

Tend to agree. Aberdeen have sold their two main forwards, one of them to the Huns. They’ve replaced them with a St. Johnstone reserve, a Hun reject, and a youngster who’s not played much senior football.... This place would be in absolute meltdown if Hibs done that.

I’m actually pleased we didn’t see any panic buys for a chance. The squad is thin up front and at centre back, however the midfield was in desperate need of some energy and drive.

Canon Hannan

Just A Radge
With Cadden signed it means Boyle can now just play in a forward position in a front 2 or 3 which will help as we are light up front. Hopefully Irvine can start scoring from midfield like a Pat McGinley.

Central_Hibee

Well-Known Radge
There was a good point made somewhere, that there actually is only 12 games left, 11 after tonight. So it maybe didn’t make sense paying someone’s wages for 6 month if they weren’t good enough to feature much.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
There was a good point made somewhere, that there actually is only 12 games left, 11 after tonight. So it maybe didn’t make sense paying someone’s wages for 6 month if they weren’t good enough to feature much.
Plus the cup games.
But we dont have to worry too much about that.
Semi final is our limit........

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Just as back up for fighting for his place, it’s the only one I could think of that was available at the time.
Aye fair enough, ken what yir saying bud. One of my mates is a Dons fan and he tells me Main just ponces around looking like the business but not actually doing anything. I'd rather make do than waste a wage on someone not nearly good enough for the sheep.

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
Obviously hibs thought it was though as we seemly lost out on a forward yesterday .

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here