The winter transfer window.....

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £20.00

Zab

Admin
I'm not sure if hes still eligible for a signing on fee on top of that.
But if he is then, with the figures being quoted it could 200k ish.
Plus wages and bonuses.

Aye there will be a signing on fee as well, no sure if it’s still a percentage of the transfer fee as I’ve a feeling it’s negotiated separately now but even still it will be a substantial lump sum.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I agree.

However it’s an interesting narrative Aberdeen have created about their business... would anyone here be happy if we sold a striker for £2m and replaced them with a loan signing? I think not.
January isn’t the best time for availability.

Like us, they’d probably prefer not to sell but when the price is right and it’s been a tight year financially then you are tempted more to take it and maybe cover with a short term fix.

Nisbet will likely improve with time. I’m not sure Aberdeen have as much confidence in Cosgrove and they’re cashing in while they can get a decent fee.

Paper talk is that an improved offer is coming to us. We may soon see how well prepared we are on having replacement/s earmarked. We probably had a week to make progress since this Nisbet interest stepped up and became a possibility and were previously happy with Nisbet and Doidge to see us through to summer.....but seems money talks even if we will be rushed into replacing before midnight tomorrow.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
I agree.

However it’s an interesting narrative Aberdeen have created about their business... would anyone here be happy if we sold a striker for £2m and replaced them with a loan signing? I think not.
Cosgrove has been pish for a long time. He cost them 35K. It's tremendous business. They've signed by all accounts a talented boy on loan.

Zab

Admin
Cosgrove has been pish for a long time. He cost them 35K. It's tremendous business. They've signed by all accounts a talented boy on loan.

Aye it’s great business by them, no doubt. Getting £2m for that huddie is some going.

Hornby might turn out to be a good player for them, but he’s not got much of a track record (pardon the pun) to speak of.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here