• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Universe

This is the one that really amazes me. Walked from aberlady to yellowcraigs last week and the amount of sand in that wee bit of coast in a wee country like Scotland must be in the billions of grains.
It’s so incomprehensible I’m not sure I believe it to be true
Riddle me this!

Truly mental. My biggest mind fuck is the human brain. Stores a lifetime of memories and makes everything about you work. Taste, sight, hearing, touch, smell, conscience, dreams, breathing, hallucinations, 80 odd billion neurons all ready to connect at lightspeed....as mental as it gets.
What is mental is that when you cross a road and look at a car in the distance it takes your brain less than a nanosecond to estimate it's speed, the distance it is from you, and therefore how long it will take to reach your position thus determining whether it's safe for you to cross; and it does it all with just a single glance at the vehicle.

This is the one that really amazes me. Walked from aberlady to yellowcraigs last week and the amount of sand in that wee bit of coast in a wee country like Scotland must be in the billions of grains.
It’s so incomprehensible I’m not sure I believe it to be true
If you put one grain of sand on the first square of the chessboard then double the amount on each subsequent square, the amount increases to the point that by the time you get to square 64, there are over 18 quintillion grains of sand on the board. That's 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 grains. Earth apparently contains roughly 700,000,000,000 grains so you'd have to borrow some from Arrakis to make up the shortfall.

If you put one grain of sand on the first square of the chessboard then double the amount on each subsequent square, the amount increases to the point that by the time you get to square 64, there are over 18 quintillion grains of sand on the board. That's 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 grains. Earth apparently contains roughly 700,000,000,000 grains so you'd have to borrow some from Arrakis to make up the shortfall.
These numbers are astounding.
How many Bouncers knew there were 64 squares on a chessboard?
Not fuckin many.

Not fuckin many.
i love cheese

Not fuckin many.
I knew because we use it to play draughts.

This thread has been viewed 1823 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50