• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The standard of the performances

I expect this is valuable but surely it should take into account who is taking the shot? If it's me or Leo Messi then the key factor in whether it's likely to result in a goal is probably not the angle or the type of attack.

A fair observation, and there is more than one model that analysts are working with.

If a players individual xG is 10 and they've scored 5 goals then you might presume they are underperforming and/or are lower quality. If the player had scored 15 goals then you might presume they are over performing and/or are higher quality.

If in a given game your xG is 4 but your chances have fallen to your full backs who haven't converted them and you've scored 0 then you would have to take that into account.

My next book is on xG so I'll come back on this once I've finished it.

A fair observation, and there is more than one model that analysts are working with.

If a players individual xG is 10 and they've scored 5 goals then you might presume they are underperforming and/or are lower quality. If the player had scored 15 goals then you might presume they are over performing and/or are higher quality.

If in a given game your xG is 4 but your chances have fallen to your full backs who haven't converted them and you've scored 0 then you would have to take that into account.

My next book is on xG so I'll come back on this once I've finished it.

So is it more worthwhile paying attention to a players individual xG over the teams collective?
I like the info tho, I like being able to see what we're doing in different areas and the likes
Got a hold of a hearts scouts report on a team they were playing against year's ago and the detail was very impressive.
These programs must be a game changer for folk like him.

Canny believe just how competent and controlled we were today. Get it sorted Hibs.

Canny believe just how competent and controlled we were today. Get it sorted Hibs.

It’s got to stop, this winning away whilst playing well.

Bring back Mogadon he'd soon stop it.

It did stop. After Livingston until today.

We played well today so there will be few complaints. There’s nothing wrong with criticising when we are winning. Loads waited until the sheep done us though.

Onwards and upwards.

It did stop. After Livingston until today.

We played well today so there will be few complaints. There’s nothing wrong with criticising when we are winning. Loads waited until the sheep done us though.

Onwards and upwards.

I thought this thread would be overflowing with praise for today's performance from those that have been hyper critical in previous weeks.

I thought this thread would be overflowing with praise for today's performance from those that have been hyper critical in previous weeks.

Theres 2 other threads for that.
Just enjoy the win and don’t worry about anything else.

peace ✌️

Cleanyman was busy cleaning his bedsheets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleanyman was busy cleaning his bedsheets.

Pish patter

It all clicked today. Wonderful.

Well played again today boys

I loved it

Need this EXACT type of performance and drive against the gunts fucks when the cup game comes around

Another magic team effort today and the standard of performance is getting better with each game. What a platform the team has created with better to come!

Need this EXACT type of performance and drive against the gunts fucks when the cup game comes around

Celtic first

Too many passengers in our squad, needs addressing with better quality.

One month on and we're still doing very OK. ??

One month on and we're still doing very OK. ??

Its a great start, and plenty of positives.

A lot to be happy about yesterday.

Best performance of the season so far bar a few brain fart moments at the back. Alongside the excellent performance it was great to get back to winning ways. We've now got as many points in ten games as we managed in 17 games last season. ?

Yip, much improved.

Was thinking earlier that we can’t complain about not creating chances after last night.

Murphy’s recent signing has enhanced our attacking play and Nisbet gets better and better.

Improving all the time and next step is for the missing link in midfield to be filled. Magennis seems a good all rounder.

Much more encouraging. Would be good to get both the result and improved performance at Ross County away.

Thought we played well the first 65 minutes

Hopefully more to come

Excellent first half last night. Superb football at times.

Smashing win today. That's another difficult game out the way where the pitch is a massive leveller.

Three more big games coming up this month, and it's hard to imagine us being in a better placed going into them than we are just now. ????

Last edited:
Good win today. My worry is we don’t like scoring other than the goal.

I hope we create more next week, as Edinburgh’s lower league side won’t be the walkover some seem to think.

I hope we create more next week, as Edinburgh’s lower league side won’t be the walkover some seem to think.
I'm more encouraged than worried. We have not yet clicked consistently going forward, Boyle will come back to the boil and Murphy is still to get a run of games.

It's looking very good indeed with a shedload of untapped potential. ?????

Last edited:
We're a tough team to beat most weeks

Considering the predicament we find ourselves in with no crowds and no additional income I'm delighted with the start we've made

Next week is the biggest game of the season however

We must win

We're a tough team to beat most weeks

Considering the predicament we find ourselves in with no crowds and no additional income I'm delighted with the start we've made

Next week is the biggest game of the season however

We must win

You forgot, Fuck the Hearts.

An important strapline for the next week.

Ross and Potter have made Hibs much more difficult to beat, and as a result we are winning more games and racking up the points early on in the season.

Next week-end's semi will be a different kettle of fish. The vast majority of derbies are close run things no matter how well or how badly either club are doing. Played at the neutral venue of Hampden it's a hard one to predict. We will definitely be favourites but that counts for nothing in these sort of games..

Ross and Potter have made Hibs much more difficult to beat, and as a result we are winning more games and racking up the points early on in the season.

Next week-end's semi will be a different kettle of fish. The vast majority of derbies are close run things no matter how well or how badly either club are doing. Played at the neutral venue of Hampden it's a hard one to predict. We will definitely be favourites but that counts for nothing in these sort of games..
Neil McCann tipped us to win on Sportsound - surely the kiss of death ?

Excellent first half last night. Superb football at times.
Killie were pretty shit. No real chances. The Wolfman was fuckin howling.

We have to take advantage of the width of the pitch next week.Time for Boyle to bring his A game.If it becomes a dire hacking match complete with hoofball it is to their advantage.

get right into those fuckin wankpots next week Hibs. right fuckin into them.
Charge ya fuckin wankpots!

No Atlanta Hibs fans were hurt during the making of this post.

We have to take advantage of the width of the pitch next week.Time for Boyle to bring his A game.If it becomes a dire hacking match complete with hoofball it is to their advantage.

Add Doidge to the equation. He looks lost at the moment. Nisbet is a step ahead of both Boyle and Doidge.

Add Doidge to the equation. He looks lost at the moment. Nisbet is a step ahead of both Boyle and Doidge.

Doidge is doing a power of work. He's not prolific but I think his work gives Nisbet the space to make his mark.
I think its the start of a brilliant partnership.

I think they need the atmosphere, they play better in the noise than us historically. At least in my history.
I think this game is far better suited to us.

10 points clear of 5th this early in the season is incredible

Newall and Mallan had great chances to score

This thread has been viewed 21330 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back